GTA3 going very slow... and I have a good computer

Brendan

I have that problem too. I have an Athlon XP 3000+, 512MB 333MHz DDR RAM and a GeForce FX 5900 128MB, and it is slightly juddery no matter whether I have the graphics on high or low settings. I don't get this with VC.

What are the specs of your PC btw?

I have an AMD Athlon XP 1900+ 512MB Kingston DDR and a GeForce 3 TI200 with 128MB. At the time I stil had GTA3 it ran super smooth and I've never withnissed any slowdown no matter how high I pumped up the settings.

I'm sure there is a conflict of some sort. Just software-based ofcourse.

Try to find a patch for GTA3 and install it. See if this works.

THIS is just an isue of gta3 nothing to do with any software

i have the same problem to and i just overclocked my videocard a bit to get it to run some more faster but it still strugles with loading stuff in the game i dont have this in vice city but its just something with gta3 its not your system. there is an email adres to respond to if you are facing problems just email rockstar i gues they have some tips to get it run faster.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a good computer and all so can anybody please help? Please?
EDIT: O and the specs for my compter are 750 mhz, 64 mb video card, 500 mb of RAM.

Sorry to break this to you, but your computer was good several years ago. I think it's the CPU causing the problem here, as I believe the minimum requirement for GTA3 is a 700MHz processor.

Yah that CPU needs upgrading :)

maybe getting a new graphics card will boost performance a bit. I had a 64 mb gfx card before, now I use a 256 mb one and there was a clear increase in performance (doh! :D)

my specs are:

1.8 ghz CPU

1024 mb RAM

nVidia FX 5600, 256 mb RAM gfx card

I can lag at times as well, when having a lot of people in the area.

The new nVidia driver seems to have boosted performance, the game is smoother than ever.

I don't think that would make a difference, but you might be able to get a better speed (but worse gfx) if you reduce the recolution and colour in GTA3 - to change it you have to go into the game (single player not MTA) and change the options, i'm sure you'll see it ;)