mta blue

Guest penky03

Should MTA Team finish MTA:blue quicker for a sooner release date, by cutting features?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should MTA Team finish MTA:blue quicker for a sooner release date, by cutting features?

• Yes, cut features, release sooner
    • No, lots of features, release later
    • Other (please explain)

how about actually finishing mta blue. its been at 60% now for months and its getting annoying either release it or stop sayin ure going to bcoz people actually believe you!!! and i thbink im not alone in this view so if u agree please vote in the poll ok?

Well, let's see here. Whether the MTA team wants to hear this or not, WHO HERE IS NOT THINKING SOMETHING ALONG THESE LINES? :?

I still appreciate the team, and admire them for thier hard work. I myself am a mega modder (morrowind) and I know the dedication and countless hours things like this can take.

Having said that, I must say, the progress bars have not budged since they were posted at 60 percent all that time ago. They can certainly take all the damn time they wish, but the longer they take, the more likely other cool games are to come out.

Pure and simple. I will not care to ever play VC or GTA3 ever again, once San Andreas is out for PC and multiplayable. So an early release now seems sensible (let us enjoy VC now while it is still fun and not outdone)

I voted yes, and I think a (perhaps buggy) but playable beta BLUE by christmas would be great... WHY NOT? We are still playing MTA and that is basically a beta. :lol:

I think if BLUE were playable in such a state, the MTA team would do this. So BLUE is probably not very playable in it's current state, and if true, we don't want it yet. :o

I won't be very excited once the progress bars say 70 percent... why? Because I have sat here for the past few months watching 60 percent never change.

I am patient, but also realistic. At the current rate, I'd say we will be playing BLUE this time NEXT YEAR, and if true, I won't be playing it, cause by then we will have The Eldar Scrolls 4 Oblivion, Stalker, and who knows what other cool games! :shock:

yes, this thread will probably get locked. Ah well. Just my 2 cents. :wink:

Best thing I can say, is good luck to the MTA team. you guys can do it! 8)

I don't think the progress bars are an accurate representation of development progress. The way I see it, 60% implies that they are now at the same point where they were 5 months ago, implying that no actual development has taken place during those months. I find this hard to believe.

I think the problem is that progress takes place but it is not noted. Perhaps the progress bar should go up in steps of 5% instead of 10% so that they are updated more often?

We have a rough timetable set down for releases and betas, and we're going to stick to that. I know everyone wants blue now (I do too), but thats not going to happen. We all put as much time and effort into blue as we can, some of us are working on it full-time. We don't make a habit of releasing buggy betas if we can fix the bugs in advance, unlike many other modifications, so we won't this time.

As Jon points out, the progress bar stating 60% is not accurate. To say that no development has happened since that progress bar moved to 60% would be tottally stupid, we've probably written a good ten thousand lines of code since then. Maybe we should update it more often, the problem is deciding what to update it to, as we all have different views on how close we are to our final goal.

On the subject of feature cutting, we see no need to do so, we're not restricted by budget or time as it stands, and as we've prommised the features listed on http://www.multitheftauto.com/blue.php we're going to deliver them, unless somthing major prevents us from doing so.

We will release more specific information on blue nearer the release, we would of course like to thank everyone for being patient and waiting for blue. We prommise you're going to really enjoy it when its released.

eAi

Btw, edited poll to make it not so ambiguous. If you're writing a poll, don't put both options in the question followed by Yes and No, or its tottally unclear whats being asked.

lol, the poll had me confused at first too.

I have no doubt that blue will live up to your word. I think everyone can agree on one thing. we all want blue now!!! :shock:

If blue works like it says, stubby jump matches will finnally be a thing of the past 8)

It is great to know there is something to look forward to like blue, but at the same time, I can't help but feel it was cruel to advertise it 8 months or whatever before launch :shock:

It is like waiting for doom 3 for years on end, only to get a standard shooting experience. Had it came out 2 years sooner in the same quality it is now, it would have been a much more amazing game for everyone. They took way too long to build it.

Its not a case of stability, its a case of completeness. Remember this is a ground up rewrite not another bout of cramming more stuff into an already shaky core and fixing the errors caused by that.

I'd like to ask a question, If I may.

you say this is a groud-up rewrite..

and you say it will have all the features promised..

well what exactly have you nailed down? its not like its mission crital top-secret information being as its posted on the blue intro page (the features I mean)..

have you perfeted walking \ running?

are bullets synced perfectly?

or is everything in peices and implementation is just starting to roll around?

if we can't know an accurate percentage, can we at least know what works - or just be left with a big mtab-blur?

We'll release more information on blue nearer the release. Theres no point us telling people what state blue is in as it changes daily, as people would only make assumptions "oh shooting works, so it must be liek almost done!!!". We're the best judges of its progress, so giving the community status updates would just fuel unjustified speculation. All we'll say is that currently, we're progressing very well with the development of blue and its looking better and better.

eAi

We'll release more information on blue nearer the release. Theres no point us telling people what state blue is in as it changes daily, as people would only make assumptions "oh shooting works, so it must be liek almost done!!!". We're the best judges of its progress, so giving the community status updates would just fuel unjustified speculation. All we'll say is that currently, we're progressing very well with the development of blue and its looking better and better.

eAi

Oh - so it must be liek almost done!!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Giving a progress update for a project like this is very hard. The percentage done shown on the main page (60%) is a rough estimate made by the team. This estimate is based off the KLOC (thousand lines of code) and current pace of the programming team.

Like eAi said, we aren't on any time constraints, and we aren't getting paid, so the pace we program and finish subtasks and modules at can vary week by week.

We understand that you are excited about the features promised by us in blue. Be rest assured that we will deliver. Just give it some time.

-Derek