MTA:LC or MTA:VC?

MTA:LC or MTA:VC  

41 members have voted

1. 1. MTA:LC or MTA:VC

• MTA:GTA3
    • MTA:VC

err the moment I read the topic title I thought it would be GTA:LC you meant, which is VC and GTA III maps combined on the VC engine. This is a mod that we'll hopefully be playing with Blue in the future :)

In the matter of choosing between GTA III & VC, there are some parts I like about VC that makes it excellent and some stuff in GTA III which makes it great, so I'm really combined. I play them both no favo.

i particularly like the portland map because of all the hills. it is fun driving down from the mafia house at max speed in a sentinel. also, the relatively small map area (portland) allows you to find people quicker, to get from A to B quicker. this will be lost, ofcourse, in the next version where we get to play on all 3 islands of LC (but that is still a good thing ofcourse).

dodos also make gta3 more fun, since it requires skill and not everyone can do it. its fun doing dodo duels, or exploring other islands and landing on different stuff.

plus, most importantly, you must buy weapons your weapons. you dont start out with a heavy machine gun or shotgun with tons of ammo already in it. you must fight your way to the top (unless it freezes, then you start all over heh).

other than that i like the atmosphere of GTA3 more in general. it is a more serious and dark one than in VC, where everything is pink, with bright and shiny colors. it focuses too much on the rockstar lifestyle of the 80s; nice houses, fast italian cars, all of that millionare crap. GTA3 has a dark-blue, sadder, more realistic tone, focusing on the shadowy life of gangsters. and i love the Godfather-style italian mafia, (not so much the Yakuza though). i think i will really like SA's atmosphere when i finally play it. it should depict the grim realities of gangster life really well.

besides GTA3 radio music is much cooler, and its talk radio is far funnier than anything in VC.

anyways that was going sort of off topic.

and i do get bored of MTA:LC somtimes, and i go enjoy VC for a while, but overall i keep coming back to GTA3 in the long run.

GTA3:MTA definitely - but Staunton is my favourite island and that's not going to be in the next version :(

Ah well - I'll just stick to flying over there with the Dodo :D

i think all 3 will be released in the next version. but unfortantely you can only play one at a time :(.

GTA 3, no question

I love the map - its perfect, gta:lc is the only way I play in LC now a days tho (unless, of course, gta3mta)

I agree with the comment about the VC map being too flashy - i just can't identify with the Eighties, im to young to remember them clearly and I can identify with a modern big city feel

I also agree about the Radio, for example in GTA3 R* made fun of "Boys To Men" with a fictional group called "Boys To Girls", yet now in GTA:SA they play a real Boys To Men song... I liked the fake stuff better.. it gave the game a more real feel, because everything was consistant. Mixing real music with a fake game takes away from the realism IMO, because then it takes away from the fantasy... I digressed.

NOTE: to Keerfemag on Rammstein, Hell Yeah!

Nope its Shoreside-Vale only that is in the next version, I guess you get to choose island in the server config file :)

ic.

too bad you can only play one island at once :(. hopefully in blue we can play on all 3 at the same time.

Why? I sometimes get mad because on Vice City, it's way too big. I think on all the MTA's you should only choose one island...

Imagine on VC, the middle island, that would be a lot of heated fighting there. :shock:

Nope its Shoreside-Vale only that is in the next version, I guess you get to choose island in the server config file :)

ic.

too bad you can only play one island at once :(. hopefully in blue we can play on all 3 at the same time.

Why? I sometimes get mad because on Vice City, it's way too big. I think on all the MTA's you should only choose one island...

Imagine on VC, the middle island, that would be a lot of heated fighting there. :shock:

I think its about GTA, not about heated action. Action packed games are already made.. GTA online is.. well.. gta online not awalys about killing.

I personally love big maps, but it would be nice if the server could chose an Island, or a combo of them.

this will be lost, ofcourse, in the next version where we get to play on all 3 islands of LC

It won't be lost, you will still not be able to travel from island to island (dodo excepted) so the action will be nicely compressed. Island will be a server option. Also note the next version will offer an updated version of the current island AND shoreside vale.

but Staunton is my favourite island and that's not going to be in the next version

Staunton will still be selectable.

• 1 month later...
Bugger. I voted for MTA:VC because I thought you were talking about the illegal MTA:LC mod. I would have voted for GTA3 though.

I vote for mta vice city since more features more things etc..

I have played gta3 mta too, still i think mta vc is a better mod..

If there's a better mod for MTA:LC i don't know about that or mta vc..

still normal mtavc and normal gta3 mta , MTA Vice City pwns i think :roll: ..

Bugger. I voted for MTA:VC because I thought you were talking about the illegal MTA:LC mod. I would have voted for GTA3 though.

I vote for mta vice city since more features more things etc..

I have played gta3 mta too, still i think mta vc is a better mod..

If there's a better mod for MTA:LC i don't know about that or mta vc..

still normal mtavc and normal gta3 mta , MTA Vice City pwns i think :roll: ..

i dont think you understood his post correctly m8