Real Time & Real Weather Mod?

Guest QuantumJimbo

Has anyone ever made a mod that sets the time in-game to the real time? Or even loaded the weather of New York or something and entered the weather cheat. I had an idea to make it but unfortunatly I have no programming skill (BBC Basic doesn't count!). Has anyone ver done this before? If they haven't it would be great if they could.

Yeah, I just wanted it so if you played it at night in game it would be night - I dunno. Yeah I agree it would probably ruin the gameplay! e.g. Joey's garage wouldn't be open all night. Maybe a time skip option could be used - But that defeats the point. Oh well it was just an idea lol.

It may be a good idea for a multiplayermod... Not the shooter-kind, but the kind where you live your own life online and all your info is stored on a central server so when you disconnect, you just go to sleep and when you connect, you've 'woke up' again and you can go on from where you started. That will be _really_ different from the mode where you just connect, kill a couple of guys and then leave again to find some other server.

sounds like this game that i wanted to make called Rival Factions were you chose your walk of life( law enforcement, criminal, or pedestrian) and then you chose your job from that walk(like crime lord, gunman, driver, store owner, beat cop, etc). there would be apartment complexes were the ped characters could save there characters, law enforces would have barreks, and criminals would have the house that is there base. aross the city would be ATM machines where characters could deposit or withdraw money from the account and there would be gyms where characters could increase how fast they run, how much damage they can take, and increase how much they can carry. there would beplaces were charactes could modify the ammo for there weapons and modify there armor(of coarse this would only apply for the weapon they have on hand and the armor that they are currently using. I hope that the MTA team doesn't think that i am suggesting this as an idea for there mod. by no means, this would take to much coding to do. no, this is and idea that i had for a totaly new game that usess the idea of GTA(with the living city) and gives it a little RGP twist. at home, i got only 50 pages written up on it giving the details of the skill of each of th jobs but all that to long to write and don't want to give more info away on a game that i want to make someday or be made by someone 8) . thanks to anyone that read this though.

Grand Theft Life isnt out yet sorry =)

A gta based rpg was talked about on the old forums (and here probably), and would be a great idea as a new game, or a mod for a future gta version which is more mod friendly *cough*GTA4 please Rockstar*cough*

i wasn't suggesting this for these guys to do. this was just some game that i thought would be cool. me and some friends sat around thinkin up the classes, their starting stats,etc. no i just posted it cause what he was talkin about reminded me of my game idea. wanted to give it to R* but they not gonna take an idea from a nobody like me so I sit on it and just come up with more ways to flesh it out.

• 1 month later...
It may be a good idea for a multiplayermod... Not the shooter-kind, but the kind where you live your own life online and all your info is stored on a central server so when you disconnect, you just go to sleep and when you connect, you've 'woke up' again and you can go on from where you started. That will be _really_ different from the mode where you just connect, kill a couple of guys and then leave again to find some other server.

problem: time zones.

problem: time zones.

not really :D...

We synch the data from new york(GTA3)

and for VC = Miama I think ;)...

But it's still an idea...

• 11 months later...

Oh right I see fair enough then :P

Sorry, but the clock syncs to the system time, not internet time.

As for it working with MTA it shouldn't interfere because it types in the weather cheat, and didn't you block all the cheats in MTA? The new version I'm currently working does use Memory hacking to change the weather but it still looks for the Window title "GTA: Vice City" otherwise it won't work, so everything should be fine.