is there any need for this?

Brophy

ok, do u really think this is worth a ban?

To: VCES>RonSeal

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:38 am

Subject: Avatar size limit

Your avatar is 1.8mb big.. I noticed after my page took 5 min to load, I removed it, Make it smaller, by a lot. if I see the avatar again or a 1mb one, your banned for a day

EDIT: LOOK QUICK BEFORE IT GETS DELETED and its not rons fault if u cant afford BB

Edited by Guest
well, i do kinda agree with bill on that one.. 1.8m is quite large for an image.. thats why .png was invented :)

Its not that he asked for it to be changed but the fact that he was threatened with a ban.

Thats more than lame, i dont think theres a word to sum that up, but it sux.

Yes it was needed, and you have to be an idiot not to see that. The best connection available in my area is 50k/bs (so, not very fast) and I wouldn't like to sit there for awhile just for someones gay signiture to load, get over it.

EDIT: I've just noticed it's only a day ban, WTF are you guys bitching about? You seriously can't find anything better to do then sit on this forum all day? IT'S JUST A DAY. GET A LIFE....you guys are pathetic

i agree with iggy, a day is like......nothing

you can still browse your history if you want...

anyway, there are lots of 56k'ers here, and sometimes bb isn't available everywhere, and imagine if everyone had a 2mb ava \(yes, i know it was 1.8, but this is easier) and all people that posted were different, that would mean you had to download 30mb just to read 15 posts (maybe even short ones)

• MTA Team

Now think . 1.8MB for a image of less then 100x100 is crazy. It's absurd!

Also It's not 1.8MB but 1.8MB x n° of posts made!

And where do you draw the line? What if tomorow i put up an ava of 20MB and a sig of 100MB and made it so that you would have to download the entire imgs before you could even see the first post?

And yes, we should think about a 56k6 users. There are still a lot of them out there. Not everyone can afford BB and BB isn't available everywhere.

Ron wasnt banned for the avatar, He was banned for other reasons.

and as for Brophy, If you try to take everything we do and turn it around to make it look like its unfair to someone by forgetting to add a few facts here and there, or adding a few too many, you will be banned. Ron was banned for other reasons. NOT his avatar, and as it seems that no one knows why he was banned, it seems like it was a pointless ban.

There is still evidence of why he was banned. He "unofficially" lashed out, and got banned for it. If this type of behavior continues on this forums, I will do what I have to, to stop it. This forum is not for you gang people, its for new people to help find about the game and ask questions, when you people go on and flame and spam in every whichc direction, new people get turned away. We are LETTING you use our forums, not the other way around, remember that.