Most efficient way to temporarily hold information

pa3ck

Hey,

So I'm making an RP gamemode from scratch for a fairly big community. I cant decide how and what way should I share the information between players like accountID, items, age etc etc. At the moment all of these details are being saved temporarily with setElementData. I'm using MySQL but I don't think having a direct MySQL connection with the client is efficient. For example loading a particular vehicle's details like owner, database ID etc, I'm using elementdata, I'm not getting the data from MySQL each time a player enters a car. Each player has about 30 elementdatas and other elements like vehicle, markers etc have some as well. So we are talking about couple of thousands of elementdatas. I'm looking for some experienced people's opinion and idea on what way would it be the most efficient, keeping in mind that I don't want to overload the server either.

If some data isn't required to be displayed / synced all the time for every client, it's more efficient to save that stuff into tables and trigger to client when required.

If you're scared of a lot of MySQL requests, don't worry, the server is made to work properly under high load. Sites poll MySQL very often though work absolutely fine