ingame voice chat

Guest fallen angel

don't think that a vocal chat chat is that hard to implement....so i guess it would be quite nice to do it (i searched for previous topics about that, but i haven't found any one...quite odd)

don't think that a vocal chat chat is that hard to implement....so i guess it would be quite nice to do it (i searched for previous topics about that, but i haven't found any one...quite odd)

Well, actually it is. You'd have to fetch input from the microphone, then encode it to some kind of compressed format, and then broadcast it to all others, make sure it adjusts its quality to the available measured bandwidth, and being able to recover from lost audio packets.

Then you need to implement some kind of 'team-chat' function so you can discuss tactics.

No, i think roger wilco is the best option for now. It's just to hard.

• 3 weeks later...

Well you can't type if your driving so voice chat is ideal for communication during chat. Plus, it's alot less distracting then reading text.

i prefer a typing chat than a voice chat ... i don't really need to hear a lot of ppl i don't know, probably speaking in a language i don't understand ... and getting lagged because of it ...

Gimme a good old fashioned type chat any day ! as for clans and such ... it's up to them really, as there are a lot of good voice chats out there ...