loading code manually

hey guys i wanted to ask something

i am trying to explore methods of protecting my scripts and i thought of sending script's code from server to client and then executing it clientsidedly

though im probably using loadstring for what its not used or something...

-- client 
addEvent("onClientCodeRequest",true) 

function loadCode(code) 
loadstring(code) () -- sorry () was missed 
end 
addEventHandler("onClientCodeRequest",root,loadCode) 

-- server 
local theCode = 'outputChatBox("loaded")' 
triggerClientEvent("onClientCodeRequest",getRandomPlayer(),theCode) 

edit: i discovered i had to add () near loadstring, though how could i send really long code from server to client without conflicts?

I prefer use loadstring sending code at server side xD more "secure"

you mean you are sending code from client side to server side?

if that's what you meant, a stealer could read the code from client side

however if you send code with triggerClientEvent its also encrypted and works perfectly(server files can only be stolen if server is hacked, which is much much harder)

i am just not sure if this is actually a good method for security

You can compile a file. It's the safest way.

https://luac.multitheftauto.com/

That is not enough

luac.multitheftauto.com encrypts your file the same way packets are encrypted when you are sending data from server to client (triggerClientEvent).

The other option is to add cache="false" in meta for script file, and it will send the file to client encrypted (just like triggerClientEvent) and load it but not save it on the clients harddrive, the exact same thing you are trying to do with triggerClientEvent + loadstring.

yeah i am already using cache to false(every client script i got)

soo this is it? only way scripts could get stolen now as far as i see is to hack the server itself?

Don't forget that using cache="false" will change your script load order in some situations. So keep that in mind.

yeah i am already using cache to false(every client script i got)

soo this is it? only way scripts could get stolen now as far as i see is to hack the server itself?

No, you can use packet sniffing tools to read received packet data, but nobody who has the knowledge to do that would bother doing that and trying to deduce which encrypted strings that are received that are part of the script, and the scripts are sent in several packets so they would need to find them all and put them together.

It would be much easier and less troublesome for them if they made the lua scripts themselves instead.

As long as scripts are sent to client, they can always be stolen.

Don't forget that using cache="false" will change your script load order in some situations. So keep that in mind.

I think that was fixed.