For the love of god!! these things must be in mta blue!!!

:P The following things are quite simple to put in ur new mta blue and, ask anyone, they are wanted.

1, The ability to drop weapons/money, this will allow for full trading in teamed battles, and a very cool mafioso interface :)

2, CUSTOM SKINS, quite possible and something everone wants, make it so mta has a MOD/APP folder like steam, so when a player with a custom skin.bmp file joins the server its downloaded, idetified, and used.

Please put these things in ur new mta :lol:

keep up the good work

wow [sacasm] AMazing man, how come nobody has ever tought about this!!!!WOW!!!1111oneone[/sarcasm]

wow when i saw this topic i tought it woud be some things that were never suggested before and some way to add a better cheatprevention or some new additions to mta, but no its simply one of those suggestion which we have read thousands of times :/ meh , who was i kidding.

That'll be fixed in blue.

On the subject of custom skins, for a start theres no obvious way to apply a BMP to an actor (the player can, but other players can't), I could work out how, but is it worth it? Secondly, the bitmaps are large (the one I just tested was 192KB). That'd take a 56K modem user 40 seconds to download for each player, not really practical. As nice as the idea of custom skins sounds, it wouldn't work. It might be useful for mods that want to easily add a custom skin to a player though, for a game mode use...

eAi

The skin part would be better if used clieant side anyways, like other games out there , example you can change a weapon skin on your side, but for others it would just be the normal one.

What is of course possible ( if doable in blue) is the person running the server has the game different ,examples,other player skin, other weapon skin, a ramp somewher , a bridge somwhere ,but instead of autodownload from the server he would have a site somewhere to download his mod-pack from, this is a way of doing a different skin for everyone , again this is all IF it will be doable in blue.

hmmmm......

a custom skin pack for all the mta gangs. each gang could design 2 or 3 skins for their gang, then it would be bundled into a game mod for blue....

or if we wanted to get carried away, every mta community member could design their own skin and offer it for submition to a project lead, then it would be offered for download on a central server. then a tool could be made to auto-download skins from said server automatically when that person joins the game server....

/me is dreaming

------------------------------------------------

That'll be fixed in blue.

eAi

:shock: you guys thought of everything already!

I think Quake 3 has custom skins. I remember because I had to spend ages downloading one before I could even join a server. That's what I hate about Quake 3 - it's very difficult to find a server that you can just play on without having to download loads of stuff (slowly). It's not nice for those of us who only want a quick 20 minute blast.

Client-side custom skins would be ok though.

I think it'd be hella sweet if each clan could make a few custom skins (mmmmm, leather jackets with FKU on the back and red bandanas, woot!) but I see a lot of people don't wanna bother with the downloads for some quick frags. Is there a way to maybe make it a voluntary download, I.E. the skins are placed on a main host, say http://www.MTAskins.com, people could download from there, and if they joined a server, the MTA client looked in a custom skins folder and couldn't find a skin it'd just use a skin already in game?

I think it'd be hella sweet if each clan could make a few custom skins (mmmmm, leather jackets with FKU on the back and red bandanas, woot!) but I see a lot of people don't wanna bother with the downloads for some quick frags. Is there a way to maybe make it a voluntary download, I.E. the skins are placed on a main host, say http://www.MTAskins.com, people could download from there, and if they joined a server, the MTA client looked in a custom skins folder and couldn't find a skin it'd just use a skin already in game?

That is why i mentioned client side skins , they are good since you are not obliged to have it in order to enter the server,If it is a thing that the server admin wanted everyone to see some people as soem skin ( like someoen with a leather jacket with the gang tag on the back) then they can add it to downloads on their own site or a central download site ( http://www.mtafilles.com anyone? ) But yes Making it obligatory to download is woud be a pain in the ass and make some people decide to leave that server and just look for another one.

So possible ways i see of doing it is :

Optional download :

All skins would be client side .

All skins would be available on a site .

Making it autodownload ,but still ask the player if he wants it yes or no.

-Only bad thing if you dont download the skins a person might say hey lets kill all the ninjas ( only example) you dont have the skins so you wont see anyone as ninjas so you will not be able to fully enjoy it like the rest, but you would still be able to play.

forced download :

The skins would be managed by the server. ( if you dont have it you cant play)

All the skins would be available on the server itself so you would download before entering the game.

Same thing here autodownload , but here you wont get the option of not downloading, you HAVE to download or go on another server.

-Bad thing here is that you MUST download that skin before entering the server , this will make the wait time long especially since the server will put a limit on how many people can download at once and at what speed they can download ( to reduce lag for players already in game)

Which might mean that you could be downloading a skin ( A SKIN , not even somethign important) at 1kb/s .That woud be annoying

-Only bad thing if you dont download the skins a person might say hey lets kill all the ninjas ( only example) you dont have the skins so you wont see anyone as ninjas so you will not be able to fully enjoy it like the rest, but you would still be able to play.

That sounds like it'd be a game mode, and if you could make a mod for it, couldn't you maybe do something about the radar?

• 2 weeks later...

I have better idea - everyone who installs the MTA will get also like 5 diffrent shirt colors skins, like soccer.

then, in the game, u can chuse your color - then it wont be depended on a clan. All players will be able to play with teams, like blue against yellow.

(sry about that poor English... Lets see YOU writing in Hebrew hahaha)

You can team up already if you want. Robbers are supposed to be allied against someone and the Vice Crusader is against all careers and so on, but this is never used on the servers, which I don't mind at all. So unless you can get teamkills registred by the server and have some penalties for the teamkills, then this hopeless :P

and in a way its color versus color too, with the dots on the radar all being different colors (not in VC 1.1 though.)

still not sure what you can do with Blue though, I think someone said that team kills are difficult to program with VC.

You can team up already if you want. Robbers are supposed to be allied against someone and the Vice Crusader is against all careers and so on, but this is never used on the servers, which I don't mind at all. So unless you can get teamkills registred by the server and have some penalties for the teamkills, then this hopeless :P

and in a way its color versus color too, with the dots on the radar all being different colors (not in VC 1.1 though.)

still not sure what you can do with Blue though, I think someone said that team kills are difficult to program with VC.

It could be cool if every charactor has 5 diffrent color shirts and only the admin can change a player's shirt.

That way teams are not depnded on charactors...