MTA Error Report Tool

eAi

GF: I screwed up the server then noticed about an hour later (no reports came in), its fixed now.
Oli, then why is it that after I installed it, both GTA3 and VC stopped working.... But, what's weird is. My killer kip gta3 install isnt running either. I don't know why it won't run.
Have you tried deleting your .set file in your saved games folder?

eAi

Thanks. I'll try using the ERT again. I can't believe I forgot to delete the .set file >_>

wert is ert?

ERT stands for Error Report Tool :P

i just made it to grab vers. 1.3 of ERT on friday before i went to a LAN party for the weekend, we played GTA III quite a lot and i had several crashes, (some of my friends too.) but sadly i couldn't write a report so that the error report could be sent when i got online again. instead the dialog just shut down, there should be a option to save the report to send when u got online again :)

also what i noticed is that the computers with low specs (1.8-2.4 ghz) seemed to crash much more than the pc above 3 ghz (im not gonna bore u with the other specs :P)

It should just show your own...

eAi

yea my lousy specs :P

hehe ERT shut down GTA III so fast that i didn't even notice it crash, very convient as u can get ingame real fast.

but still there should be the feature to save the report so it can be sent when going back online ;) (when u've been playing of the internet, on LAN for instance)

anyways useful tool i'll try to get all my friends using it 8)

i submitted 20 or so i had in the last 1 or 2 hours...just to let you know
29 actually, number 2 in the rankings, "jani" is #1 with 43 reports.

eAi

hey...#2....and i did only play a few hours or so yesterday...now you probably understand my crankiness :)

is there any valuable information in the reports ?

Edit: i had quite a few where i didnt see the ERT-box waiting for my "ok"...and it just came up with the browser and i submitted without a comment. I dont know whether these actually created reports or were just skipped.

Btw. if you have any list of te information etc. would ike to see it.

As it looks...my changing the gfx-drivers and turning off certain driver options did NOT prevent me from crashing (as i assumed a week ago or so)..actually i even had more crashes yesterday than usual. (Which is/was 'good' since i wanted it to crash for the ERT).

I am kinda on wit's end what it could be.

Btw. does the ERT also report gtvc-settings, eg graphics and sound-settings etc. ?

Edit2"

I very much appreciate your efforts and everything...i was quiet surprised getting an email by mrbump replying to one of my ERT-comments...which makes me think you guys actually really care about your program and want to resolve any issues. :)

Oh, we do try to look at each of the reports, especially the ones with "user reports". They're now coming in faster than I can look at them really (about 1 a minute, and I've got other things to do), but they all contribute to seeing which are the most common crashes (4452D7 is, with 25.17% of the reports). We've now got 894 reports, though only 14.77% actually have "user reports" attached. This is normally ok, but for the 4.18% of errors that have only occured once, we need as much information as possible. I may add a "common-ness" output on the error dialog so that people can see if their error is new or really common...

No, we don't look at any gfx card data, once we've looked through the data we've got so far, we'll see if we need such information and if so add it to the client (which will ask you to update if we do). Of course we're always interested if you find out theres an issue with a certain combination of drivers of hardward with MTA, so we can inform others (e.g. the old ATI drivers issue).

eAi

sorry i submitted some shit reports, i just get annoyed. who is #1 now?

Why does it matter? Most of your reports were probably exactly the same.

yea we dont want to turn this into a compititon on who gets the most crashes :P

i would very much like to be in the other end of the crash "score" list 8)

• 2 weeks later...

I have followed the steps of the first time guide.

When i try to connect to a server it always says connection refused: incompatible version.

I have tryed all patches, 1.0, 1.0 NOCD, 1.1, 1.1 NOCD, 1.0 bloodpatch, 1.0 bloodpatch+nocd...

Every time i tryed a new patch i tryed to connect on versions 1.0 and 1.1, but it didnt work.

This is frustrating, i wanna play online :cry:

I connect via ASE...

:arrow: this has nothing to do with the Error Report Tool.

what Jon was saying it that you are running a wrong version of this multiplayer mod, you could probably be using 0.4 as this was shortly thereafter updated.

First off get the newest version of the MTA client and install it.

also in ASE you could maybe have picked the wrong filter? and when you add a game remember to select "Multi Theft Auto" (in the configure games in ASE under uninstalled games.) I recall some players accidently selecting the outdated MTA:GTA III older versions. (my ASE never auto-detects MTA, always have to add it manually which is no big deal anyways.)

I was helping someone get MTA working, and he'd been stumped because he'd set the version to 1.0 when he was running 1.1 and couldn't work out why it crashed.

Would it be possible to detect this error with the tool and display a message telling the user that they've set it to the wrong version? I think this would be a useful feature considering how many times that particular question is asked on the forum.