[REL] GTWalrus civilian jobs

Mr_Moose

At some moment your RPG server will have lot's of jobs, and all jobs needs a GUI, some kind of application system, description with help, skin selection, team assignment tools (weapons) etc.. How do we solve this without reinvent the wheel over and over again? With a job system of course.

Video demo

The video is a quick overview of the current version which will be released together with GTW-RPG 2.2 (Github), that's why it's labeled WIP currently. Suggestions and feedback are welcome as usual.

Download link (Github)

https://github.com/GTWCode/GTW-RPG/tree/master/%5Bresources%5D/GTWcivilians

Features

• All data are stored in a huge table and new jobs can be added afterwards from exported functions
  • Skin selection, define which skins you will use for a specific job
  • Set team and occupation (element data)
  • Set maximum wanted level
  • Ability to buy weapons and tools needed for a job (e.g police job)
  • 100% open source

Edited by Guest
Do you will release something related with Rental vehicles or spawn vehicles to be compatible with jobs?

Yep, that's the next project, code name for that is "GTWvehicles". It will be based on team and occupation as well to ensure full compatibility with this system.

It will be based on that but as you may have noticed, it's extremely outdated in it's current shape. The code needs to be rewritten completely, and I'll check the possibilities to add properties to the list like if you wish to attach a trailer, maybe colors and similar features. Gearbox, lights, and stuff like that needs some upgrades as well.

Yee, one thing I see in your gridlist, you are not settings the code to disable change the order, this can provoke bugs in gridlist when you open it. Make sure you disable to be able change the order of the gridlists.

My question about teams was because of this: http://i.imgur.com/wLfIt18.png

Ho yee, now you created GTWcivilians, we still need the GTWfarmer, GTWmechanic,etc? or GTWcivilians have all jobs into it?

The jobs are in their own resources as well, this is just the system that assign team and occupation as well as providing tools for the job, teams must be setup manually as well as some people doesn't want to use the predefined teams, the available data is mainly to show the layout of the table rather than being used in production. Farmer and fisher jobs are available so far.

• 2 weeks later...
You should write a documentation for this, as it takes some time and knowledge to set it all up. How do you manage the teams btw? it's not included in this.

If you read before, I asked the same question, We should create our own teams, but I suggested, MrBrutus should do something to make auto-teams, maybe a misc to add on this feature.

You're both right, previously GTWcivilians also managed ranks but ranks is related to jobs and currently not open source, the solution should be to split up the third resource called GTWteam that manage the teams and some scoreboard data, as that part should be open source. Teams will be added before the 2.2 release, and a documentation as well explaining eventual exports and how to deal with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated:

• Moved teams into GTWcivilians

This should make this resource much easier to use and prevent issues related to lack of knowledge or interest of learning how it works. Installation instructions has been added as well and technical details can be found here. Enjoy.