[REL] Bonsai's Multigamemode

Bonsai

Sounds like a long loop in the wrapper might be crashing the client.

Do you know how to fix it ? :roll:

I have nearly no problem with DM maps here.

Just make sure to delete useless stuff like compiled scripts, music, many textures, etc. Make these dm palms be loaded seperately.

I am running the multigamemode on 1 of my 3R servers atm:

n-560x95_FFFFFF_FFFFFF_000000_000000.png

Gamemode has a few bugs here and there...but overall it runs smooth.

Just a few things which I assumed to have to be a lil bit different and changed them:

*vote bugs from time to time and just sets the same map again, although the votes have decided for another map (havent looked into it, tho)

*vote and toptimes dont disappear if you change arena while they are shown. I fixed that for me now.

Overall: Many thanks for releasing your gamemode to the public! It sure could help the community to build new gamemodes or try new things!

@xeroxMTA: hehe yop. Its really the setTimer in the wrappers causing some problem as BroColi has stated.

Either you get a "infinite running" or "not enough memory" error in the script. I just wonder how Bonsai hasnt noticed that yet already...I mean his lovely Portal maps also use setTimer a few times in the wrapper_c :D

@xeroxMTA: hehe yop. Its really the setTimer in the wrappers causing some problem as BroColi has stated.

Either you get a "infinite running" or "not enough memory" error in the script. I just wonder how Bonsai hasnt noticed that yet already...I mean his lovely Portal maps also use setTimer a few times in the wrapper_c :D

Well, it is working fine for me :P

There never had been any problem with those dynamic maps.

strange :(

I see DDC server also takes heavy use of your multigamemode (and also saw u there :D ) and they even got a Red FUN room. I have a few FUN maps on my server, too. All i can say, that if i wrap the Timers, then i get the error messages as the other two guys have reported. If I exclude the Timers from being wrapped on clientside I have no problem, tho. I totally dont get it how wrappers work (even after reading your topic on mtasa.com where u specifically ask for help on wrappers), so maybe If you find some time in the future to look at that bug, it would be nice. But I dont want to stress you as I get that you might not work 24/7 on this script, so Ill be veeeeeeery patient :P

I see DDC server also takes heavy use of your multigamemode (and also saw u there :D ) and they even got a Red FUN room. I have a few FUN maps on my server, too.

DDC is not using Bonsai's script. DDC mgm was made 1 year ago by Karevan. :)

I see DDC server also takes heavy use of your multigamemode (and also saw u there :D ) and they even got a Red FUN room. I have a few FUN maps on my server, too.

DDC is not using Bonsai's script. DDC mgm was made 1 year ago by Karevan. :)

i guess Bonsai helped him somewhere along the way. it's noticable due to the things that spaik mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I am trying to add another gamemode to it, but players get stuck at the "Loading Area" bit.

I used the deathmatch gamemode as a template, added the set up and down handlers and then added them to the arenas file, but nothing happens when players join... Any ideas?