Co-op with GTAW Online

ijsf

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh - so you are making a total VC mod FOR gta3 no?

I am pretty sure it is not. Its GTAWorld which seems to essentially be a merging of the maps from both games so they are playable in one place. Not a full mod but just grabbing the flavour of both games.

This is my understanding of this project.

Ok, perhaps it was too early to speak about it...

GtaWO is (in my ideas) a not near project (3-4 month for a first release at least). Because of two things :

1 - Vice City is not out today, and nobody has never tried to mod this game already (Vice), nor has succeded in decompiling the main.scm

2 - Some of us (me in particular) are n00b in modding. But i can assure u i strongly have the will of it. i've made 150 hours of assembler in my school, i think i can handle it (with a lot of work, o'course).

A few answers now :

In my ideas (again, but that's not official) in a first step, we will try (no, we'll succeed ! ;) ) to link GTA3 and GTA : Vice city.

I quote a thing i didn't think before (thx !) CD switching. The license say : "you can mod all the game but the .exe" so we will have to CD-switching, sorry.

The second thing : i (that's me) will never slow mta progress. Or we'll try to.

Second step (don't expect it before AT LEAST 4-5 month !), linking others cities in GTAWO. That mean : you've done a great city ? You've got an airport ? Can we link your citie ? Ok, we'll try to link it (or "here's the things you've got to do..." ;) we aren't mad, we're 8...)

Third step : err... "K stop dreaming", let's see the first before. Who says include a new story mode for single players ? ;) And sorry, no coop (it could be really messing, my head will blow if we'll do it)

In fact, i don't know, i'm a n00b :) But i can assure you'll play in it (or there will be only me in this thing... ;) )

That's all folks !

Yakuzzza (3 'z' ;) )

yeah - can redspike or someone actually explain this to everyone! =)

I thought it was pretty clear initially...

Its just a new map to be used in GTA3 that looks like Liberty City and Vice City merged together that will use a modified version of MTA to make it playable online.

Hello!!

First, I wanted to thank the MTA team, you're doing an excellent job, I love this great game and it will be fun to play GTA3 with all my friends!

I'm looking for the GTA world online website, but I don't find it. Is there a website for this other great GTA mod? What's the URL? Thanks ;-)

Yoshi owns the most powerful weapon of the world: his dangerous whistle: "Yoshi!"

It's all weird ;)

For me it was like this,

Excited guy (Redspike) shows up, with bad english, and starts screaming that he's an official dedicated server for MTA in everyone's face and keeps telling people that he is someone important, yeah that's great. He's then made a moderator ;P . He goes on to say he's going to glue together the cities or something =)

It's a little too ambitious if you ask me. I hope I'm proven wrong mind.

I said we'll glue both GTA3 and GTA : Vice City.

Liberty City will got the GTA3 engine, Vice City the Vice City engine. You will have to have both game to play this mod... I think this can be done when :

* MTA Vice City comes out.

* A Vice City mission asm comes out (or "we manage to do it without")

All this for the single player version (probably the 0.1).

I think i know how to glue any other map to this mod, but haven't tried yet.

The condition to include a map would (yes, would) be :

1 - The map must have an airport

2 - The map must be in united states

3 - The map must be nearly in final version (we don't want to bother you with dl upgrades for map only)

4 - No multiplayer mod in the new map mod, it could interact with MTa (of course)

5 - No .exe modding in new map mod

6 - The new map mod team must be agry to link with GTAWO :)

"7" - Your map have to be as clever as possible, we reserve the rigth to say no to crap... We'll see, we won't judge you but point 3 is really important. Probably there will be only a number of plyer that MTA accept in the whole world of GTAWO, so we don't them to be dispatched too much.

Multiplayer will surely be included in 0.2.

Others cities in 0.3.

And perhaps a new single player campaign that take place both in Liberty and Vice later.

We would also love to port Liberty City in Vice City engine but it seems to be a job for 20 people at least. And copyrigth problems too. We'll ask Rock* before and we will need some of your talents...

We'll try to add radio if we can, we'll try to ad heli and bikes in Liberty if we can, to choose skins if we can, etc. (to ad, not to change).

What we won't do : modding Liberty or Vice map (but Liberty if we port it), because all player(s) should know where to go, and because Rock* has done great as they are just now.

And last but not least : don't expect a released before 2-8 month at least. Sorry, don't know when it'll comes out (as usual). We're serious and we want to do it.

And very last but very not least : we MAY do an advanced language for mission editing. Asm sucks (not for the soft guys have done for it, but for the pain to program it) and this one reminds me C compiled. Btw, i've heard PS2 use C. How bizarre...

I hope it's clear now ! ;)

Yakuzzza 8)

And, and, and...

Website is 90% done (sorry)...

We can say mod is 0.0001% done too ( ;) Tonton ) (but i know only half the team). I and Tonton are pretty sure how to link Vice and Liberty by airport. Redspike want us to be linked by sea :shock: perhaps later, but it should be harder to do it (and Vice is west coast style and Liberty east coast style...).

Don't ask to include things in it : it's 0.0001% done, and there is a lot of work to do before a sympathetic v0.3 (just as MTA ;) ). And we've got so many many ideas we want in it that it's huge to code yet.

Yakuzzza 8)

PS : it's 00:25 am here 'cause of GMT+1. One day lasting before pure joy. ;) (and only 5-8 hours for american fans)

Maybe when you go to a certain spot in the gta3.exe the mta.exe will close gta3.exe and connect to the server using vice.exe and you have to set that you have gta3 and vice when you install. Else you won't be able to go from liberty to vice island or from vice to liberty.

Thats a good idea, right? But maybe the admin console engine won't initalize on vice?

they are attempting to do it, i know a bit on the programing side and my teacher told us to mod a game, we tryed 6 different games and they all wouldent compile on windows

that is exactly how modding is, some things just cant be done and but if they do get this done look at what a amazing effort it will take to merge 2 engins

THANKS MTA FOR YOUR ATTEMPT

And yes it is possible. Anything is possible, really. If a file is dissassembled to its pure machine language form and then reassembled, anything goes.

That stands to reason but the time taken to perform such feats is immeasurable. Their team better have exceptional tolerance when it comes to down patience.

I see many problems with this. This is technically warez unless you own both programs. This is also the start to the wonderful downfall of mods. Believe me, I know from past experience. Once you get caught up in another project, your past ones are gone. And why the heck are you putting this on the treaterous GTA3 engine while the VC runs 4x better?! I'm sorry, but I see no logic nor anything legal involved in this project.