My FPS goes down everytime I press on ESC.

Fidan

Question

I recently got a new PC, GPU is Nvidia GeForce GT 120 (Yea ik its bad..) but it can run MTA/CIT at 60 FPS. However when I press ESC (MTA interface) I get FPS drops frm 60 to 10 out of nowhere. And it stays at 10.

I play at the resolution of 1920 x 1080 x 32 thats my monitor resolution. Even if I play on 800 x 600 I still get huge FPS drops. I play on cit2.net btw, same happens if I load my own game in MTA. All I have to do is not press ESC while I play on MTA. And its really needed, so I cant press ESC unless I want to restart MTA again.

Most of you might know cit2.net it had a peak of 1400 players. I got the server settings at the lowest textures, same with GTA:SA. I hope that I can get help here. Thanks in advance.

15 answers to this question

How are you measuring the FPS?

What happens when you press the 'Disconnect' option in the main menu?

CIT server has a setting which allows you to have a ping & FPS counter in your screen. I can post a screenshot if you want. When your FPS is around 10-15 you get ''Fighthing Limited'' you cant shooting while moving. It was made against laggers.

If your frame rate is under 5 you will get kicked from the server.

When I press disconnect my FPS is extremely low even though I'm not in any server. For example the cursor moves very slow while I already disconnected from the server.

Alright, I installled AVG because I didnt have a antivirus for a long time on this PC. I tried to play on CIT again and I saw that SA was loading slow (Objetcs etc, land) might this be a problem? if yes am I able to solve it somehow?

Oh and I transferred my GTA:SA from my old PC with an USB stick, could that be the problem?

And I wanted to say thanks for trying to help me.

Hmm, you can try these, but I don't guarantee they will fix your problem:

-Remove gtasa.set from the directory documents/GTA SA user files

-Make a clean installation of GTA SA without any modifications

-Try testing with various MTA settings combinations like 'disable aero desktop, disable driver overrides'

It seems to be a problem with my GPU, is there any advice to update/fix anything with it? I have the same problem with every game. Even when I run youtube videos on HD lol.

I will try your advice, Grafu

Would appreciate it of someone could help me with the GPU problem.

It seems to be a problem with my GPU, is there any advice to update/fix anything with it? I have the same problem with every game. Even when I run youtube videos on HD lol.

I will try your advice, Grafu

Would appreciate it of someone could help me with the GPU problem.

If you have intergrated GPU "Intel" try to use it, maybe the issue not from the GPU