MTA 1.4

Et-win

Hello people,

I just have a question. Do you guys have the same problem as me, that if you are scripting and your script just is correct, but it doesn't work and after changing 1 thing in the script (e.g: Putting outputChatBox in the script to check where the script stops) and that it suddently works after that, while you didn't change anything? (And yes, I did refresh and restart the script(s))

I had this several times, but I don't know or it's MTA 1.4 or just my laptop (Since I had more problems with it, lol.)?

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
And yes, I did refresh and restart the script(s))

Wrong. You need to do 'refreshall', 'refresh' only detects newly added resources. refreshall does also auto-restart resources once they changed, if they were running, indicating that you used 'refresh' only.

Still, I reported this because it's not very normal.

It's caused by your own mistake and not a bug.

Well /refreshall should solve stuff like imported files that doesn't refresh properly or if you add new files, though this where about regular lua scripts with regular edits. Could you specify when this issue appears more detailed? Exactly what did you changed. I've seen this only when replacing radarblips or adding new files that isn't lua files into existing resources.

I can't specific tell you when it happens. It happens randomly. It can't be my script(s), because like I said in my first post, I only added 'outputChatBox' to the script, restarted it again and suddently it worked. I never had this though on earlier versions.

Seems strange thought since 'outputChatBox' won't have any effect on that. What did you tried to do with your script, just wonder if it was regular edits of some lua files, adding new files or replace existing files like images. Maybe you forgot to upload the file (if you're using ftp or network paths).

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

You're saying it happens sometimes. Until we know more about it/whether it's a bug or not, try to use 'refreshall' for a period and see if it happens even once again or not/less, that might be important to determine the problem, though I think refreshall is a bit more reliable for it, like MrBrutus said:

Well /refreshall should solve stuff like imported files that doesn't refresh properly or if you add new files

I was either changing or adding stuff to my Clan War System. (Just changing the current script, not adding or removing, just editing.) 'outputChatBox' has indeed nothing to do with this, but I restarted my script 2 times when it didn't do it's job because I was sure it should work. Then I added 'outputChatBox' to see where it stopped working, and suddently it did work after the restart. Everything before the little change did work, but my changed thing didn't, only after what I just said. This is why I think that it doesn't always refresh the script when restarting it. I'm using my local server and never had problems with this before. About /refreshall: It takes too long to constantly do this when you are just adding like 1~5 lines and have to test or it works.

Currently using what Bonsai says: /stop and /start (On a bind, just like /restart). I will move on to and try /refreshall if I don't had any problems tomorrow.

/Stop and then /start does probably exactly the same as /restart, can't see why there would be multiple functions doing the same things. And lua are like other scripting languages executed from the top then it goes down until it finishes or crash in the middle of a job. How about /debugscript? I guess you used that but it could be a regular bug in the script as well. Even if it looks like it should work the human eye just aren't good enough to detect all possible issues.