Can't talk...Can talk.

Eight

Ok. This problem just started recently. I start up MTA onto any server, then load the game. Once I get into the game I cant chat at all. Everytime I enter something, it never shows up. So, I exit VC, reconnect to MTA, then reload the game. Now the chat works. It does this EVERY time and I have no idea what is going on. Can anyone help?

Thanks alot. :!:

Maybe you should press the button to bring up the chat.

I think it was F10. (not sure since i rebinded it)

F9 to be exactly, don't think that's his problem...

I had the same problem a week ago or so, some ingame video program was the problem at mine... Uninstalled it right away...

Don't think that's ur problem neither... But who knows...

• Moderators
Everytime I enter something, it never shows up. So, I exit VC, reconnect to MTA, then reload the game. Now the chat works.

If i understand your chatbox doesnt appear when you load mta first time, but then it works fine.

F9 is the chatbox key, if you still having the problem try to update drivers, and if it dont solve the problem, reinstall mta.

Hope i helped.

it got the same sort of problem today.

i brought up text box then typed in msg pressed enter... then txt didnt appear but after i typed it in a second time it appeared could it be comp coming out of synch with server for a second?

That can be fairly common on a busy server, especially if it cannot really support the number of players its set to, or if you cannot support that many. Slow internet etc. Usually your messages ARE getting thru your just not recieving the echo of them yourself.

That can be fairly common on a busy server, especially if it cannot really support the number of players its set to, or if you cannot support that many. Slow internet etc. Usually your messages ARE getting thru your just not recieving the echo of them yourself.

some of the messages go through and you don't see the echo, and sometimes it doesnt go at all. and that's the worst part, cause you don't know if people heard you the first time or not, so your unsure whether to type it in again or not

Well...I read all the responses and thanks alot. I reinstalled the game and it still messes up. For some that didn't understand, I meant that when I type something, the text doesn't show up, not the whole box, sorry :D.

Here:

-The text doesn't show up for me, or for anybody else, me and my friend tested it. Plus I flooded a server with emptiness and nobody seemed to respond.

-It's not the servers flow because I went on like 10 different empty servers and it still didn't work.

-I'm fresh out of ideas. :D

This is all In-Game, the MTA client chatbox works fine.

--

Thanks for the help.

:!:

I just type it over and over again until I see my echo - I'm probably actually sending it like 10 times and just not knowing it... haha oh well. It seems to happen to me regardless of the number of players, I've had it happen in servers with 20 people, and also in servers with 3. It usually doesnt come up too often though.