die -> robber spawn -> crash [most of the time]

i got really annoyed yesterday because 6 or 7 times out of 10 when i re-spawn as robber after i got killed....i crash shortly (1 sec or so) after the game starts... i didnt see crashes spawning as mexican - but then i did NOT play extensively yet on the new 0.4.1.

Anyone have the same problem ?

Using 04.1 on XP Pro

Addendum:

i also have issues with my scroll-wheel selectig weapons....sometimes the whole game seems much less 'responsive' than the lder 0.3...and everything involves a little lag....eg. selecting a new weapon with the scroll wheel.

My computer is not THAT slow....i just wish everything would be a bit snappier

Edited by Guest

Just allow everything to load before your move off, oh and steer clear of spawn wars, not only are they dull and unimaginative in the extreme they also converge all the action into one place drastically increasing the chances of something hiccuping and crashing your game.

Just allow everything to load before your move off, oh and steer clear of spawn wars, not only are they dull and unimaginative in the extreme they also converge all the action into one place drastically increasing the chances of something hiccuping and crashing your game.

yes thats what i usually do...but i do not necesseraly share your opinion in regards to spawn wars...sometimes they can be fun :)

(Which brings in another question..what about an option to select spawn points ? [on server side]

I cant help but i miss the old robber house..and there should be an option to maybe specify spawns..that would be very nice :)

invincible, and you could not be knocked down, that would be needed. just like 2 seconds or something so you could leave the area.

that might get rid of spawn waring or make it even lamer.

sometime in the future I would like to see a anti kill fleild around the spawns from your own class. but that has it's down sides as well.

i got really annoyed yesterday because 6 or 7 times out of 10 when i re-spawn as robber after i got killed....i crash shortly (1 sec or so) after the game starts... i didnt see crashes spawning as mexican - but then i did NOT play extensively yet on the new 0.4.1.

Anyone have the same problem ?

i have this exact same problem when im on big servers, and it happens to me as often as he describes.. i crash every second or third time i spawn as a robber.

i always let everything load - i wait for the environment to load completely before pressing enter to select my charecter, and i wait for everything around me to load once i spawn as robber, before i start walking/moving the mouse/doing anything.

i mostly play robber, so i dont know whether or not this happens as frequently with other charecters.

about the spawn wars.. i have no problems with them.. in fact i think they are fun - you dont have to drive all the way to the fight when you die - you can just spawn right next to the action. you shouldnt have a problem getting out of there if u spawn in one either - you wont get hurt if you sprint straight out of there. i loved spawn wars at the old robber house, they seem much less frequent in 0.4 than in 0.3 though.

yeah, robber spawns are great if yer only interested in the challenge of a firefight, and having 1on1s. but it's nice to get out and drive around till you meet someone, jump out, kill him/her, then continue driving for the next victim. theres a lot more variety if you cruise for fights

you shouldnt have a problem getting out of there if u spawn in one either - you wont get hurt if you sprint straight out of there. i loved spawn wars at the old robber house, they seem much less frequent in 0.4 than in 0.3 though.

I beg to differ... Those who spawn war kill anything that moves through the area. While it is possible, it's not so simple as "you won't get hurt if you sprint straight out of there". They're less frequent because the other weapons work pretty effectively now with the new aiming fixes and people are branching out. More power to them. Spawn wars, as Bump said, boring and unimaginative. And I've never had to drive 10 minutes to find a fight, weather that statement was an exageration or not, I always seem to find someone to fight pretty quickly.

And though I'm sure I'm probably one of the few people who understand this, but spawn wars kind of defeat the beauty and spirit of what MTA has grown into. It's a broad reaching game that scatters you, cars, weapons and healths all over the map. While the fights are fun, getting there is part of the fun. There's something nice about the drive to find your prey. Feels more accomplished then spawn, take 3 steps, die or kill, lather rinse repeat. You never see the rest of the map, you miss out on the skidding around corners and u-turning around a sharp bend to get back behind the guy you just spotted. It'll be nice once they synch up drivebys.. You'll never get away from a guy on a bike again =)

In short, spawn wars kind of defeat the spirit of the game. You're not even using most of the work the MTA team has put into this over the last year. Plus, you'll never get a nice variety of weapons to use, which in turn changes the strategy you have to employ, which in turn adds longevity to the game you would soon grow tired of if all you did was spawn war.

you shouldnt have a problem getting out of there if u spawn in one either - you wont get hurt if you sprint straight out of there. i loved spawn wars at the old robber house, they seem much less frequent in 0.4 than in 0.3 though.

I beg to differ... Those who spawn war kill anything that moves through the area.

wrong..you can have a spawn war (dont mistake for spawn KILLING)...can very well team up...nothing speaks against it. Like ULK vs. KFC etc whatever :) Spawn wars are nice, fast, quick fun....if people dont ike it..ok...everyone his own opinion :)

yeah, robber spawns are great if yer only interested in the challenge of a firefight, and having 1on1s. but it's nice to get out and drive around till you meet someone, jump out, kill him/her, then continue driving for the next victim. theres a lot more variety if you cruise for fights

i agree...dont think that all i do is spawn wars...i have a good time with what you describe as well as the occasional SW 'til it gets boring :)