Scripting Lessons?

LTGamings

Hello guys,

I'm going to make this sort and simple, for the purposes of well, readers,

I was wondering if there were any well able Scripters/Developers avaliable to teach me, as i have always wanted to become a scripter, because im a bit stuck with my Roleplay server at the moment.

Thank you in advance,

|Lewis|

In all honesty, I think you're better off trying yourself. You really don't need a teacher when you have the MTA Wiki. So long as you learn how to use the Wiki and look for functions/events that might help you find a solution - you're golden.

As always, go with trial and error, it's basically what programming is all about, really. And if you really get stuck, this forum is your go-to. We'll be here to try and help you the best way we can :D

I came here without even knowing what a variable or an integer was, now I can pretty much make whatever I desire in MTA so long as I have the motivation to do it. And I taught it all by myself and using the Wiki, of course I had the occasional help from a friend with math(Trigonometry's far too much for my head...).

I have more than 10 people on skype who are being taught by me.

I never ask for money actually, and i have no problem with time, actually, if i'm busy, i just tell the person i'm teaching that i'm busy currently and we can talk later.

You can contact me on skype to tell you where to start.

IMO,

It's pretty pretty hard for a guy who doesn't know at least a little big of programming,

I know a couple, and it's so hard to teach them because they don't have the logic that programming requires.

MTA Lua and programming is NOT the same thing.

IMO,

It's pretty pretty hard for a guy who doesn't know at least a little big of programming,

I know a couple, and it's so hard to teach them because they don't have the logic that programming requires.

C/C++/x86 assembly and programming aren't the same things either. Not a single programming language or scripting engine is the same thing as "programming".

IMO,

C/C++/x86 assembly and programming aren't the same things either. Not a single programming language or scripting engine is the same thing as "programming".

Why are you even discussing this? You do programming when you write a program and you do scripting when you write a script, two different words that means kind of the same thing in practical terms. You write the code/script and you execute it or let another application execute it for you, still pretty much the same. 8)

I'm pretty sure LinKin's point was the logical thinking which is required in both cases, no need to get upset over a small language mistake.

Funny to see people arguing about this

c8760bea8af06268dbf2dd98491e50cd22bc7ef7263efcbb0af5f1065f3a5592.jpg

OT: The MTA wiki is really all you need, most of the scripting is logical. What I also recommend is downloading scripts from the community and reading them to understand what they do and how they do it and just modify small things.