Crc

Guest Chris130

Server allowed to disable crc check ?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Server allowed to disable crc check ?

• Yes
    • Yes but a seperate no-CRC release
    • no

I understand that a lot of people dont like modding, and people modding around them. That is why i think there should be a seperate client+server with no crc check . So people dont try to crack the Version WITH the crc check on, and therefore make the people who dont like modders/modding angry.If there is already a seperate mta client out without a crc check. There would be no need to try crack the one with the crc checkThanks

Chris.... and a lot of other people

Edited by Guest

I definatly think u should have the option to turn off crc check, as i run a server id love to have lots of people usin custom cars and custom handling it adds to the fun, alot of people are just reffrering to the old version of mta, and missing out on the good new fetures of 0.4 , just to use there mods.

The only problem i foresee with this is how easily someone could enter a 'cheat' or 'mod' server without realising, especially someone new to the mod. Then leave thinking MTA servers are entirely full of cheaters, nothing is syncd, and that MTA crashes 10x more than it in fact does in the more controlled environment we have at the moment.

An alternative could be releasing a slightly altered version (server/client), with crc removed that could ONLY connect to its own server, not to 'normal' ones. This would cater for the many modders out there yet keep the 'normal' mod safe and relatively stable for newcomers.

The team have been discussing similar options to both cases above recently, but no decision either way has been reached.

edit: Ive altered your poll to reflect the three options.

Thanks Mr.Bump, i have just told the people who were concerned about the crc checking. They were relieved to find that Mta have been discussing some anti-crc options.

thanks

chris.

*p.s* i am still human , therefore i still hate all health hacks and mods, just like all the none modders! :D

Please leave any comments/suggestions about a client and server without a crc check

The only problem i foresee with this is how easily someone could enter a 'cheat' or 'mod' server without realising, especially someone new to the mod. Then leave thinking MTA servers are entirely full of cheaters, nothing is syncd, and that MTA crashes 10x more than it in fact does in the more controlled environment we have at the moment.

An alternative could be releasing a slightly altered version (server/client), with crc removed that could ONLY connect to its own server, not to 'normal' ones. This would cater for the many modders out there yet keep the 'normal' mod safe and relatively stable for newcomers.

The team have been discussing similar options to both cases above recently, but no decision either way has been reached.

edit: Ive altered your poll to reflect the three options.

Yea, it would be nice to have a special version so I could play my ramping mod with my bestest of MTA buddies :)

Hmmm... I voted "no" before reading the rest, and now I want to change my vote to a separate release without CRC checking.

And yeah, I fully agree that a lot of modders / cheaters are lazy bastards who want to make life easy for themselves. Also, a lot of people don't seem to realise that running mods isn't (currently) allowed.

Hmmm... I voted "no" before reading the rest, and now I want to change my vote to a separate release without CRC checking.

And yeah, I fully agree that a lot of modders / cheaters are lazy bastards who want to make life easy for themselves. Also, a lot of people don't seem to realise that running mods isn't (currently) allowed.

Lets just hope the mta team see this message and change the poll.

:arrow::arrow::arrow::idea:

And Most Modders Only Mod To Make THe Game More Fun

.....But, i understand that there are some bastards who health hack... etc.. wich is pointless, takes fun out of game, but car modding and stuff is harmless

• Moderators

I think, if it will be one day possible, the mta devs should release their own mods formta or check existant mods for then use with mta, like vcm.

It`s the olny way to have (if you like) a modded mta without desync and allowed by the team.

btw, why not make it server based?, the server holds a notice with the installed mods.

I already did edit the poll options, as i told you yesterday. You didn't notice?

:arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow:

thats what i ment needs changing, JonChappel voted no before reading and wants to change to "Yes but a seperate no-CRC release"

Hmm, I'd rather forget about one simple CRC check, I have a better idea that should be possible.. made a thread for it (ranting about cheaters etc.etc) So I don't know what optioon to choose there :oops: MY way, everyone should have the same stuff no matter, even if you don't change handling.cfg back to the original, as it would download of the server, the servers preference of handling.cfg

That wouldnt be possible with the current core as it would require a ground up rewrite, it would also increase the potential load ona server greatly, both cpu and bandwidth. The above options however are not only possible but simple for this core.

• 2 months later...

I think it would defeinitely be a good idea to have a no-crc checking release/setting for the server. To be even snazier you could have clients connecting check their handling.cfg file against the server. If it's different, the client can make a backup of the file and download the modified one from the server. That would insure everyone's using the same handling files and no one's going to think everyone else is cheating.