I haven't really any idea what you're talking about Ransom (but maybe people who've played 0.4 know :)), but to answer the last question, texture loading is partly to do with the player location and partly to do with the camera location. i.e. textures on the other island to the one you're on won't load, even if the camera is on that island, the player essentially has to be on the same island as the camera. Textures are loaded relative to the camera though, not the player.

eAi

eAi, the new version, when you spawn you are instantly positioned at your selected spawn, but your are inactive for a few seconds and other people can see this. The result is camping people until they spawn, and getting ready for them to come vulnerable for an easy kill by shooting a clip, grenades, motolovs, or worse a stubby (that can knock you down even before being vulnerable). Its extremely easy to kill someone if you're already shooting full blast while they have been inactive and then become vulnerable in the same spot for quite a bit of time because all the bullets or whatever shot are easily read by the poor victim.

No, i think cray is referring to the delay being a quick fix for some of the spawncrash problems. Personally i have only found spawnkilling in this manner a problem when theres a 'robber war', and anything that discourages that unimaginative happening is a good thing.. :) In other circumstances i find there's less spawnkilling than in 0.3 due to having 3 or 4 random locations that the players appear in. Unlike the previous fixed position.

And as before, if somebody repeatedly spawnkills then warn them off, and if they continue, get an admin to deal with them.