Car killing.

Do you think car killing in GTA3 is n00bish?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think car killing in GTA3 is n00bish?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Umm, which bug? yes I agree with bumpm, and you.

This one:

This incorrect kill award is currently fixed in the patch btw.
carkilling is totally stupid, because you wont earn any money from it( except for some cases when there are more than 2 players close to eachother and player A kills player B, then player C gets the money ) and nobody should earn money from carkilling. if it was possible , most ppl wouldnt even try to earn money by killing with guns or other weapons, and it would be VERY booring

Car killing has one distinct benefit: your victims drop their weapons, which is useful if you only have a pistol and can't afford to buy any weapons. It's very tempting to car kill if you're in that situation because the outcome of a fight with pistol vs shotgun will, 9 times out of 10, be won by the guy with the shotgun.

Verdict: There should be more ways to make money (yes, I know there's Turismo, but that only happens once every game day, and only one person can win).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well for, i can think of two main reasons:

1) people like cars and dont care about money or score. they feel car killing as more fun. (reasonable)

2) people who act like pricks and try to ruin peoples fun (cheaters, anyone?)

i hardly believe the carkillers of the so new release are actually pricks, havnt met one such prick yet. so ill stick with fun.

i dont think that car killing is very noobish just like that, but i find it extreamly cheap when i shoot someone till hes health is red and then he run all the way to a car and (tryes to) kill me with it.

Car killing has one distinct benefit: your victims drop their weapons, which is useful if you only have a pistol and can't afford to buy any weapons. It's very tempting to car kill if you're in that situation because the outcome of a fight with pistol vs shotgun will, 9 times out of 10, be won by the guy with the shotgun.

Verdict: There should be more ways to make money (yes, I know there's Turismo, but that only happens once every game day, and only one person can win).

The type of 'car killer' that prompted this poll in the first place have no need for weapons, they never get out and shoot.

More financially rewarding activities are planned.

You can often have two turismo winners, if the time sync is bad enough at the start :)

NOTE: The official gta3 server is set to daytime/sunny weather perm. So turismo happens every seven minutes, rather than every 24.

Actually, I get griped at for car killing a lot, and I get out and shoot people plenty, although I get accused to the contrary quite often. I know that not being able to pick up the deceased's weapons would largely negate the usefulness of car-killing for me, other than for the sole purpose of pissing someone off, which rarely appeals to me.

PS: I'm getting to be a killer pilot with the dodo :)

philth

The type of 'car killer' that prompted this poll in the first place have no need for weapons, they never get out and shoot.

More financially rewarding activities are planned.

You can often have two turismo winners, if the time sync is bad enough at the start :)

NOTE: The official gta3 server is set to daytime/sunny weather perm. So turismo happens every seven minutes, rather than every 24.

I find that car killing is pretty lame...well....i do it sometimes :) but it really does get old.

I would be running around and find some people, then we start up a gun fight....maybe even a batfight :twisted:

Then 2 seconds later boom....both of us dead and some guy drives away . it gets old but u cant stop em so....wut ever

as for the lack of money and the need to car kill to get weapons, pfft. There are weapon pickup's, 5 or 6 i believe. And if you don't want those guns go sell the clips for money to buy one you want. Also you can destroy cars at their respective spawn points for money. And if you don't ahve any money after that collide your car with any other one, no need for a driver in that car cuz the money will come in anyway. Im not saying i hate car kills cuz i can avoid them by pressing.... spacebar....

i think that car kills should remain as powerful in MTAGTA3 as they are now for the sake of realism, but the killer should not get ANY money/points for the kill.

it is extremely annoying, as has been mentioned before, to get into a cool firefight, trying to kill eachother for 5 minutes, then having some carn00b come out of nowhere and run you over.

another annoying thing is that half of the people i fight jump straight into a nearby car once their health is red and try to run me over, rather than finish the fight fairly.

i realize that car killing is part of the game, and should remain so, but i think that people should not get a reward for carkilling like they would for killing with guns. in fact they shouldnt get any money for carkilling to deter them from doing it in the first place.

i think its so much fun with the instent death i dont us ccars at all to kill people but i like the fact that u have to watch out and jump over cars......beat people and they beat me... its part of the game................get a shotty and go on the ledge and just kill the persons car its that simple if u cant think off it or suck to much to do it then...........dont be a B@tch just because u lost and u cant think of a way to win :lol: ...... loosin is part of the game...........but if u suck and always lose dont be a punk about it...........what kinda loser calls someone a newbie cause they lost in a game..............

The radar is there for a reason.........use it! only a newbie wouldnt no how to look at the radar.....idiots................... p.s people that complain about stupid sh*t piss me off....... its a game its not a life u do it to waist time dont be a punk u win and loss

i think that car kills should remain as powerful in MTAGTA3 as they are now for the sake of realism, but the killer should not get ANY money/points for the kill.

it is extremely annoying, as has been mentioned before, to get into a cool firefight, trying to kill eachother for 5 minutes, then having some carn00b come out of nowhere and run you over.

another annoying thing is that half of the people i fight jump straight into a nearby car once their health is red and try to run me over, rather than finish the fight fairly.

i realize that car killing is part of the game, and should remain so, but i think that people should not get a reward for carkilling like they would for killing with guns. in fact they shouldnt get any money for carkilling to deter them from doing it in the first place.

I believe Kent said that you're not actually supposed to get any points for car killing, so it's only via a bug that you could do so.

I can't belive some of the responses I'm seeing in here.

I have no issue with the occasional car kill in GTA III... Note that word... OCCASIONAL.

However, more times then not, you can be shooting and shooting at them, jumping over and around them, trying to take the car away from them, etc etc... I can avoid a car n00b quite often, but when I finally DO take out their car, they run for another one nearby and I have another car to jump, dodge, shoot and steal... I take that one out, they go to another

These fucktards don't have any skill, they don't care about money or kill count and they do these things intentionally to piss people off. Yea, I can jump on a wall or sink to their level but when they finally get their car taken out, they just run to another one, lather rinse repeat..

There are those who do nothing BUT car n00b... I've seen it, I've watched it and I've grown weary of it. I was on a server recently and it was like a swarm of bees... 3 or 4 car n00bs flurrying around me like flys on shit.

As well as for the weapon pickups after running someone down, they HAVE good weapons, they are well armed and instead they stick in their cars and try to run me down. I've seen THIS more often then not. Get the hell out of your car and fight like you got a pair, you don't get paid, you don't get score and you often end up paying someone else! Do you not see how rediuculous it is? It's in the same category as Heli-killing... It's not n00bish unless that's all you do. And I've seen more examples of chronic car killing (Those who do nothing else) then I have seen the nickle and dimers.

I have no issue with the occasional car kill in GTA III... Note that word... OCCASIONAL.

However, more times then not, you can be shooting and shooting at them, jumping over and around them, trying to take the car away from them, etc etc... I can avoid a car n00b quite often, but when I finally DO take out their car, they run for another one nearby and I have another car to jump, dodge, shoot and steal... I take that one out, they go to another

These :o don't have any skill

AMEN :shock:

Yes, that is the NOOB thing to do. But I made this topic talking about the occasional fun car killing spree you sometimes want to have. But if my car blows up, I dont go for another one, I grab my guns and shoot the guy (which is why i make sure i have a shotty or flamer when I'm drivin around)

Yes, that is the NOOB thing to do. But I made this topic talking about the occasional fun car killing spree you sometimes want to have. But if my car blows up, I dont go for another one, I grab my guns and shoot the guy (which is why i make sure i have a shotty or flamer when I'm drivin around)

But the chronic cases are what I see all the time.. I've rarely seen the casual car killing. They are running rampant and it's destroying what was a good game. Like I said, the occasional isn't the problem, it's the idiots who do nothing but, and they outnumber the occasionals

Hm..

Car killing is extremly annoying,but its part of the game;the n00bs are the ones that complain(But there are those times where ur so involved in a fight that u don't pay attention to the radar).

Cars are part of my strategy in gta3 mta,I go in with the car and then the 'rests' are for my shotgun :lol:

Well i think that carkilling is OK if a person who CAN use a gun does it.. but 80 % of carkillers are noobs who dont..

The most annoying part of the carnoobs is just killing with cars when ppl are fighting on foot..So i have just knocked down my opponent with the shotgun and then a fucking carnoob roadkills me and..the person who was hit down gets the money for the kill..That's really lame. :wink:.

i believe its totally ok, the bottom line is that its realism, whens the last time u got hit by a car, flew 30 feet and survived? atleast sometimes u get run over u dont die, thats real too, ppl have been hit by cars and survive, which does happen in gta3, if u fly far enuf, u'll die, or get squished, or whatever, i think its realism, and its ok!!

EDIT: it also teaches u to watch yo back!! after all, it is deathmatch, learn to dodge it!!

i believe its totally ok, the bottom line is that its realism, whens the last time u got hit by a car, flew 30 feet and survived? atleast sometimes u get run over u dont die, thats real too, ppl have been hit by cars and survive, which does happen in gta3, if u fly far enuf, u'll die, or get squished, or whatever, i think its realism, and its ok!!

EDIT: it also teaches u to watch yo back!! after all, it is deathmatch, learn to dodge it!!

Learn to dodge it he says... So when you're flying around in your infernus (Which I always see you in) and I'm fighting someone I'm supposed to be able to dodge someone flying by at 120+ mph? Heck, I'm on the street without anyone to fight and I'm still supposed to dodge it? Kind of difficult when I have a split second to jump out of your way and when I DO get away from your stupidity, you just turn around and do it again. You're not the worst case scenario, but you're a pretty damn good example. You race the turismo over and over, but I never see you spending the money. I rarely see ANYONE kill someone with a weapon in there, if it is it's usually a colt probably because someone caught someone spawning and semi-AFK and decided to take them out.

This is a GAME.. it's not about realism. If I wanted Realism I'd play America's Army or something along those lines. It's not realism to be able to run into a store and buy a Flamethrower, AK47 and a Shotgun... It's not realism that you can hop into any old car and drive off with it... It's not realism that you can run through a parking lot and all your pain and injury goes away... It's not realism that you can drive a car off a cliff, roll it down a hill onto a beach where it bursts into flames and then you can get out and run a few paces away and turn to watch it explode... It's not realism to drive a prop-plane off a cliff and be able to soar off into the blue yonder..

This is a game, and the carkilling has left me with no other real option but to ignore the GTA III server. I peek in from time to time and I see a combined kill count of like 7 tops, perhaps 8... That means folks aren't actually fighting, they're flying, car killing or racing.. And since I see alot of SoandSo died (Vehicle) and SoandSo killed Himandher (Vehicle) I can already see what's going on and I move off to find a real fight.

And the maturity level on the GTA III server seems about 7 notches below the VC server as well. One thing that strikes me a funny is that I can come in there and be out for a fight and I can take down 2 or 3 folks with only minimal harm. People haven't learned how to fight effectively in GTA III yet, either by choice or design, the challenge is simply NOT there.

OK I have been playing GTA3 now and I have read this whole thing.

I agree more with Loendal and Bump than anyone else

The car noob problem in GTA3 is worse than Helikills in Vice. In Vice you aren't accumulating anything and helikills are way harder than car noobing in GTA3. Even someoone who helinoobs all day has skill... I can't do it that well. Anyone can car kill in GTA3

If you don't play LC you really can't comment in here. I have always been for letting lamers be lame and just dealing with it. It's the policy in the servers I admin.

but...

In GTA3 you have the following factors that are different.

1. Car Kills are instant

2. You are more competitive if you kill and earn and survive to use the money

3. People in GTA3 run much slower than in Vice.

People have a million cars to jump into and they never hop out except to trade. You can't help but kill some ppl with you car but it should be accidental and you should apologize.

Even with your handgun and bat you can kill others... There is a shotgun pickup that is easy to find if you are broke. You need to use cars to protect yourself but and you have to be careful and adjust your Vice City "stand in the open" techinques. Car Noobs in GTA3 are a menace

I am shocked to hear anyone with another opinion. Killing in LC is different and hard at first but it's a skill worth honing.

I can't convince anyone to agree with me but if you do then the Liberty City Partyserver is your haven. I will kick people who never get out and fight and so will the other admins on there.

Hopefully it can be adjusted in a later version because on servers where it's completely fine to car noob it will take away the incentive to earn and the game will become Midtown Madness 4

Also, the cars in GTA3 seem to take more damage from weapons before exploding than in Vice (or the weapons are weaker), meaning that car n00bs are difficult to stop. The best tactic I know is to do what those Spanish guys do with bulls - stand still, dodge at the last minute and then try to jack them.