Drive Bys maybe not what you think

Could there ever be away so that when someone Drives by you in a car and you shoot at the car to make the player take some damage along with the car? Now I don't mean like full damage but just some so it could die in a car like on a bike. Because you know most car do not come with tank like armor. That would teach all them car noobs.

I dunno how you would work the amount of damage out but it would be interesting idea to toy with if it could be done.

Drive bys in *cars* would be retarded with out this.

Drive bys on bikes on the other hand would be fine.

Sorry if anyone has suggested this.

Hey man I was thinking something along the lines of PASSENGERS BEING ABLE TO DRIVE BY

That would be SO awesome if you made that :D

((P.S. Sorry if this has been suggested before X_X))

*snip*

but you can shoot the driver through the windscreen/windows, it just takes more skill. thats one of the whole reasons for using a car, that you get more protcetion! bikes are faster, and better at doing jumps, so cars have to have some advantage.

form what you guys posted I'm not sure if my point is getting across.

You know how you can get shot off a bike. Well why can't you get shot inside a car when the car is getting shot from all sides? builts go through glass or even metal so why can't there be a percent chance that you could get hit inside a car?

You should have worded your topic better..

What you're asking is somebody standing STILL shooting *AT* a car, and the driver of the car takes damage

as much sense as that makes, it would be stupid for gameplay. A mexican shoots his M60 at your car.. the car catches fire, and you take damage as well.. do you REALLY need to be any weaker? it's hard enough fighting / running away from a properly trained mexican

Just because something takes a bit of work does not mean it could not be added someday.

That was the point to make running away alot harder. But I didn't mean that they would take the full 40 damage from the m60. and takeing damage from fire would be alot slower etc.

anyways I wanted to see how many poeple would read the post and how many would just read the topic and post something.

in single player, you can take drivers heads off with a variety of different guns, then they fall limp out the door. is it even possible to blow someones head off in mta? i guess it would require a sniper gun.

overall, I like it how the car offers protection for the people inside, because a car is not difficult to blow up or pop the tires on in VC, but this would be excellent for gta3, where cars are instant death machines. It would definitly give us joggers some help.

i dont know if any of u have noticed, but the shooting (aim) is not synced to height, therefore if u shot thru a window/windshield it wud only show hitting the center of the car to the other person, that is also why u cannot "take someones head off" :P

however u can shoot up and down at ppl, not sure how this works, kind of like a magnet to the player i think, but if this worked in cars also, it wud make the game WAY better! :P

zzz, it's not an issue of missing the target due to desyncing, it's not possible in mta, no matter how much you try (Bump verified this fact, he tried it as well)

you can shoot people off bikes (and MAN is that sweet when you do!), but you cant shoot people even if their door is missing and yer aimed directly even on their screen.

i know m8, i dint say it worked, i just said if it worked like the height thing does and kind of makes the bullets go towards the person, it wud b kool! :P

i dont see why its not possible tho, cus it is possible in single player, or is it to do with the current core or sumat?