how to detect capslock?

12p

Maybe this will help ?

addEventHandler ( 'onPlayerJoin', root, 
function ( ) 
triggerClientEvent ( source, 'Check', source ) 
 end 
) 

---Client 
addEvent('Check', true ) 
addEventHandler ('Check', root, 
function ( ) 
if getKeyState( "capslock" ) == true then 
outputChatBox(getPlayerName(localPlayer)..'His CapsLocks Are Active ', 255, 255, 0 ) 
elseif getKeyState ( "capslocks") == false then 
outputChatBox(getPlayerName(localPlayer)..'His CapsLocks Are Not Active ', 255, 255, 0 ) 
  end 
end 
) 

@SuperCroz

I didn't try using that event before... Tried now.

Unfortunately, it din't work. Directly checking input only delivers lower case :(

@Max

I appreciate your intention, but if you don't know what you talk about then don't try to help me in first place. That code won't work because, as I implied in my previous post: since getKeyState only detects whether a key is pressed or not, it would only help when the player presses capslock after joining a server.

As far as i know it's not possible to check it with pure LUA ( aka LUA suck's a bit ). For this you would need to use Window's API's on the input handle Level , so this is more like up to the mod's to integrate a function inside MTA's DLL. Bk you will not be able to host a modified MTA version.

yes , exactly it will Only work when it's pressed , if you you want to detect it witout press and unpress you Can't

wow thanks for the bit of information someone else already told me

If any moderator comes, I ask to close this topic. My problem has its answer already, thanks to bandi94.

Is there a way to do it without getKeyState?

getKeyState? check continuously if the key is active

| or cancel uppercase messages as this.

if not string.find(string.lower(text), text, 1, true) then outputChatBox("#E7DBADCaps Lock desativado.",source, 255, 255, 255, true) cancelEvent() return end 

Thanks, but that does no help at all. You clearly don't understand the question I made on this topic.

I already how to deal with lower and upper case; all I wanted was to know whether the client had capslock ENABLED IN HIS KEYBOARD; not whether the player pressed it.

So...

If any moderator comes, I ask to close this topic. My problem has its answer already, thanks to bandi94.

Please, don't bother replying, any of you.