Disconnected for suspected trainer use

When ever I try to join a game in .4 as soon as I get to the point where I would be selecting a character ( the game has loaded, etc) I get “disconnected for suspected trainer use”. Now I realize that this is obisouly a result of some anti-cheat measure that you have implemented, and I support that 100%, but I have never cheated, never added a mod, never even looked in any of the folders associated with vice city other than the mp3 folder. The only thing that I can think of, is that it is a result of special exe that lets me run vice city with no cd. I would reinstall the game but I cannot find my install cd, or my run cd for that matter, is there any reason why my install witch hasn’t ever been modified would trigger the “disconnected for suspected trainer use” response? Is there anything I can do to fix it?? If is is matter of reinstalling I guess I’m just shit out of luck, maybe I can get a copy from a friend.

Edit: also i was never kept out of a .3 game for "suspected trainer use" and was only ever banned for for my name.

Edited by Guest

Have you tried it with no other programs open?? maybe its picking something up in your processes it doesnt like?

0.4 is very sensative to other programs, any webpage open that has 'hack; or 'crack' on it seems to set it off along with a host of other stuff.

/Edit and have you tried other no-cd cracks? , although dont see why that would set it off.

• 2 weeks later...

i just bought this from EB Games and after installation i went and downloaded MTA 0.4.1 (the only reason i bought the game) and as soon as it loads i get disconnected for suspected trainer usage. which doesnt make sense at all i havent touched one file any1 have any ideas?

ive now shut down every program running, and removed all icons on desktop except for gamespy, and the recycle bin. where do you get the 1.0 and 1.1 versions?

• 2 weeks later...