Security question

aintaro

hello guys,

Is it possible to replace a file client sided by changing it with another file that has the same name?

example :

I have client.lua on my computer containing :

outputChatBox("Not Cheating") 

I replace client.lua with another client.lua which contains for example :

outputChatBox("Cheat") 

Will the server detect it?

Thanks in advance,

Greetz, Aintaro

No it will not detect. When your resource starts it will get placed in another map (Or memory?) and it will run from there. Meanwhile you can change files, but when you refresh your server/restart the resource, then the changed files will be taken.

(Edited because of my horrible explaining :D )

I think that MTA checks the file size and MD5 hash (or some other encryption) to assure that you have the latest up to date version of file and also to check that you've not changed the file. So then to pass it, firstly you will have to make the file have same size as the original:

-- Original: 
outputChatBox("Not Cheating") 
-- Change to: 
outputChatBox("-_Cheating_-") 

It has same amount of characters, so the size should be the same, but the bigger problem is to bypass encryption check. If the script is long, the bigger chance is that the encryption will be the same (since MD5 like the other encryptions don't archive all of the data into the small string they represent, they use the some part of it).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5

Check it to find how this encryption works to see if it will work for you.

Wait wtf, it's so simple.

when the server start the resource, you download it, even if it had the same size as the one in your client, so after you download it, it will run, and will be stored in your memory(RAM), and even editing the file wont change anything, or even wont be possible, so don't worry.

Any game you will tell it's secure it's not , even with anticheat softwares and other crap's. I tell you this from my experience from online game's i used/ use to cheat , some of them have almost every 2 day's an antiCheat update ( GameGuard , Xtrap , etc), and you will don't belive me how easy is to inject a dll and mess around with the memory of the game. If you have exp with c++ , _asm you can cheat / beat MTA's anti cheat in no time , and you will be able to mess with anything from GTA:SA. Even to borrow map's that call'd imposibble map copy as dev's say , the map is injected into GTA:SA memory class with some reverse you got a pointer , inject a dll , copy every object. You can inject into MTA and mess with the Serial also told as impossible thing , but there is no such thing as impossbile.

when the server start the resource, you download it, even if it had the same size as the one in your client, so after you download it, it will run, and will be stored in your memory(RAM), and even editing the file wont change anything, or even wont be possible, so don't worry.

Yes, but he wants to edit MTA resource before he starts MTA, not while running. Resources don't get re-downloaded every time you connect to server. MTA has a system to check the validity of the files if they are actually the ones on the server.

Yes, but he wants to edit MTA resource before he starts MTA, not while running. Resources don't get re-downloaded every time you connect to server. MTA has a system to check the validity of the files if they are actually the ones on the server.

Ok thanks, thats what I wanted to know :)