Questions and complaints about 0.4 READ THIS!

Complaints

1. The new character menu sucks cause it's slow and ugly and you can't see the characters and which weapons they have.

2. Why isn't Phil included?

3. 0.4 lags a lot more than 0.3 did.

Questions

1. Does the missiles and machinegun on the Hunter work now?

2. Which are the new weapons in 0.4?

3. Where is the silenced ingram located?

4. Is the rocket launcher available now? Where?

5. Where can I find a list of all the new features in 0.4? Don't tell me to read the manual cause it's not there!

Please answer! :wink:

Questions

5. Where can I find a list of all the new features in 0.4?

1. No

2. Meat cleaver, katana,others

3. No idea

4. No

5. RTFM

1. you seem to be the only one that think the new char select screen is ugly, it shoudnt matter which guns you get , its called being good with all char and if you played and really wanted to know this you would have chosen qaall the chars to see what weapons they have no big deal

2. For a change maybe?people have been wanting to play with the swat skin ever since 0.1 , and its just a char whats the big deal.

3. everyone knows this is somethign you would have to expect since there are more data being send now, the team is aware that 0.4 uses too much bandwith , they are working on a patch

1. No

2. Mostly blade type weapons, just look around whats the fun of being told everything instead of discovering them yourself

3. Look for it yourself or wait untill a weapons map is made ( if one is made)

4.No

5. In the news post there is a list of new features , dont know if its all but i repeat again, find out for yourself

Sonetti,

Please don't complain about the character selection! I'm sure someone spent a long time on that and it works just fine as long as you are a little bit of patience. Remember that MTA is a beta and will not be perfect. They are realeasing a patch to fix the lag and high ping problem. (Pay attention to the announcements at the top of the forum or search)

1) I don't know (just try it and see)

2) Again try the carreers and you will find them

3) Couldn't tell you

4)No

5)The manual is in the MTA program group in your start menu

I realize you are new here, but please show a little respect. Keep these kind of comments to yourself.

Questions

5. Where can I find a list of all the new features in 0.4?

1. No

2. Meat cleaver, katana,others

3. No idea

4. No

5. RTFM

To elaborate:

1. No, this would make it too powerful (so I'm told) and unbalance the game. I also think it would require a new core.

4. This is not possible with the current core.

5. I'm not sure that there is an official list as such. The list on the homepage is about the nearest you'd get, really.

Edit: Also, who is Phil?

Edited by Guest

I have no problem with the new character select menu - I do miss seeing the character a little bit, but the live camera feed is much cooler. And you don't have to wait though all of them every time, just press the arrow keys however many times you need to quickly and it will take you to whichever class you need to go to.

On a side note - I don't know how many of you have problems with the spawn crashes, but I do. What I do is just wait for a couple seconds after a spawn and give everything a chance to load. Whenever I pause briefly, I never crash at the spawn - try it.

I am new to 0.4 (i've played 0.3 a lot) and someone on a server told me a bunch of lies and I believed him and when I couldnt find anything about that in the manual (I used the search function in Word) I thought the feature list wasn't there. He said that the silenced ingram was a new weapon and that the rocket launcher could be picked up at Robinas cafe. :shock:

Sorry if I made any english mistakes, but I'm swedish. :oops:

This is coming straight out of the manual. This is whats new in MTA 0.4

Additions/fixes for version 0.4

synchronized time and weather

improved messaging system

Admin+ introduced

Killed By What messages. Example 'Jo killed billy (m60)'

server history in client

correct player position when exiting vehicles (no longer on the roof)

excessive ammo from dropped weapons fixed

speedometer added

improved anti-cheat

random serverside weather sync

ini bug fixed (no longer have to constantly reset game path)

auto reconnect on timeout option added

(Admin)

Reset scores

select weather

reset money

ability to message player(s)

/slap (-20 hp on target player)

/motd (refreshes motd)

/me

(Admin+)

shows players coords, health, vehicle and money

(stunt)

synchronized money on the scoreboard.

Vehicles no longer fall thru the ground at initial spawn on slower pcs

(DM)

new melee weapons - Katana, Cleaver and Machete.

vastly improved weapon aim

new career

moved spawns

spaz removed

new cars / moved cars

Spectator mode

new skin for VCC (SWAT in place of Phil)

On a side note - I don't know how many of you have problems with the spawn crashes, but I do. What I do is just wait for a couple seconds after a spawn and give everything a chance to load. Whenever I pause briefly, I never crash at the spawn - try it.

Try that, Korven