As it stands, your community is a collection of drooling morons with oversized egos and a mental age of around 15. That's not a bad thing, that's just what it's currently comprised of.

The moderators use bad language and show intolerance for no good (Mr.Bill: Thanks I try SO hard :) )reason and should think more before even replying to a thread.

If you want to make this mod at least have a feel of professionalism and receive accurate feedback from your community you need to start catering for the more sensible people out there. Turn off avatars and allow images only to be posted in select forums, that deters a good percentage of the under age group who like to flash themselves about the place. I've seen members, who have both high post counts and stupid sigs, visit other GTA forums and post saying...

"it's an honur for you to have me post here"
Arrogance like that is in abundance within the MTA community, don't let the grass grow under your feet, it'll be detrimental to future development.

If you feel the need to display a disclaimer before entering the forums that's fine but take off the "Don't ask when it's out". You make people feel as though they're being treated like idiots and even more so when you shut the forums down due to a blatant lack of tolerance. I don't need to tell you how people view you for doing that do I? Seriously, do you understand the consequences of an action like that?

This is not a flame it's critical feedback from me. I know you're all hyped up but at least try to act seriously (the mods) and if you want to avoid people asking about the release date then perhaps you should be a little more accurate in your percentage updates. As it currently stands, the most anyone can decipher from the current affairs regarding MTA is that there's a severe lack of planning going on.

My only other complaint is that the interface looks messy on that screenshot in the news section. Keep it neat and on a greyscale form. Use something like Delphi to design it.

I just thought this all needs to be said before you guys discover it for yourselves. Good luck with the mod, it's a fantastic endeavour and I look forward to playing a more complete version in the future.

I've been around forum communities long enough to know not everyone agrees with the above and will see things differently. You're entitled to your opinions but this is just mine for now.

Listen to yourself, really.

Stop moaning because you sound like one of those "drooling morons with oversized egos and a mental age of around 15", this is only a forum for a game, nothing else.

Although I agree with you to some small extent.

• MTA Team
As it stands, your community is a collection of drooling morons with oversized egos and a mental age of around 15. That's not a bad thing, that's just what it's currently comprised of.

The moderators use bad language and show intolerance for no good reason and should think more before even replying to a thread.

If you want to make this mod at least have a feel of professionalism and receive accurate feedback from your community you need to start catering for the more sensible people out there. Turn off avatars and allow images only to be posted in select forums, that deters a good percentage of the under age group who like to flash themselves about the place. I've seen members, who have both high post counts and stupid sigs, visit other GTA forums and post saying...

"it's an honur for you to have me post here"
Arrogance like that is in abundance within the MTA community, don't let the grass grow under your feet, it'll be detrimental to future development.

If you feel the need to display a disclaimer before entering the forums that's fine but take off the "Don't ask when it's out". You make people feel as though they're being treated like idiots and even more so when you shut the forums down due to a blatant lack of tolerance. I don't need to tell you how people view you for doing that do I? Seriously, do you understand the consequences of an action like that?

This is not a flame it's critical feedback from me. I know you're all hyped up but at least try to act seriously (the mods) and if you want to avoid people asking about the release date then perhaps you should be a little more accurate in your percentage updates. As it currently stands, the most anyone can decipher from the current affairs regarding MTA is that there's a severe lack of planning going on.

My only other complaint is that the interface looks messy on that screenshot in the news section. Keep it neat and on a greyscale form. Use something like Delphi to design it.

I just thought this all needs to be said before you guys discover it for yourselves. Good luck with the mod, it's a fantastic endeavour and I look forward to playing a more complete version in the future.

I've been around forum communities long enough to know not everyone agrees with the above and will see things differently. You're entitled to your opinions but this is just mine for now.

it seems ur the noob here @ MTA

The disclaimer, the intolerance and bad language all have a single source, and u want us to take away the solution?

Dozens of threads have been opend all with the same question. When is 0.3 coming. It even drove me over the edge and made me lock down the forums for 24h to calm things down.

Avatars have nothing to do with professionalism or age. It is an extension of who u are. It shows a little of who u are.

The spamming has demised a little and i'm gonna take care of the sigs one of these days.

We have made release dates be4 and were not able to keep them. The percentages are very accurate. There are only a small problems left to solve. But these problems are in critical locations so the game isn't suited for release yet.

The GUI looks like hell for a lot of ppl, but as many ppl love it. I am plaing with the idea of making 2 releases, one with the graphical GUI and one in Grayscale.

I respect everyone's opinion, but have lost my nerves from time to time on this board. I understand why u think of these things that way!

Listen to yourself, really.

I do, as do other people every day.

Stop moaning because you sound like one of those "drooling morons with oversized egos and a mental age of around 15", this is only a forum for a game, nothing else.

I'm not being offensive when I say this, and in truth I shouldn't even respond. I am not moaning about anything, I am telling you how the land lies and I don't ever beat around the bush in my dialogue. Your interpretation of my post lacks the understanding mine is based on, I'm leaving feedback, I'm not complaining. This is my second post and this is the only thread I'll ever actively participate in.

it seems ur the noob here @ MTA

This is what I'm talking about, no moderator would adopt that attitude in a commercial gaming community. You're under no obligation to match their standard but it should be a guiding star at the very least.

The disclaimer, the intolerance and bad language all have a single source, and u want us to take away the solution?

Indeed...that is your own interpretation of the current community status. Intolerance lies in how you react to a post (like mine). I can see it has tested your patience and you're showing some restraint, which is admirable but you should find ways that are both less forceful and impressionable in order to circumvent a problem.

The GUI looks like hell for a lot of ppl, but as many ppl love it. I am plaing with the idea of making 2 releases, one with the graphical GUI and one in Grayscale.

Just thought I'd say something in regards to this =)

It is important to keep in mind that you (or any creator) are the worst judge of your own work. The second worst judge would be the "fan boys" that you converse with in regards to your work. The only way to receive proper criticism is to ask people who don't believe anything can be perfect and despite how you interpret this, the ones who always complain.

but as many ppl love it

You'd be better of asking people from outside the community due to them being the impartial "audience". The argument "we should ask the people here because it's for them" holds no substance as the people "here" just want it to be released and will say anything to get it sooner (that's going to make me alot of enemies no doubt).

respect everyone's opinion, but have lost my nerves from time to time on this board

It's a fantastic site, organised layout, good colour scheme, it's just the ethics that seem to be out of place. Moderators should never lose their cool but it's good to see you're coming to terms with that, most other people would dismiss what I've said after reading the first 3 lines.

• MTA Team

I wasn't serious about my first line. Just meant that u where new here ;)

The disclaimer contain some rules/guidelines for ppl who come here the first time. Most ppl just bookmark the forum index page.

As for the GUI. It has come from a far way. looked much worse in the beginning :lol: . 0.4 will definatly have a one colored GUI. 0.3b may have one or may not..

I basically agree with Zantei, although i dont feel as errm... how do you say... "touched" by these problems as he does. The disclaimer is a little annoying, and i think that the solution is to put it some elsewhere like https://multitheftauto.com/forumdisclaimer.html then link the "Forums" link on your website to that page, and put the actual forum in https://forum.multitheftauto.com so registered people or people that have already read the disclaimer can type that in their browser instead of having to read the disclaimer over and over again.

By the way, Zantei, i feel a little offended by your "locking up" people 15 of age, because we are not all morons you see ;)

Its ok, i use the same generalisation for 13 year old's.

But, some of the problems you descripe in your post are actually a part of almost any public community, and are like a cold: annoying but almost impossible to prevent.

Yes, the current standardization regarding the administration of various forum communities (and free games/mods in particular) requires that a newcomer does have to search through a sea of somewhat meaningless posts in an endeavour to find something resembling an answer, but...

...the extent of a problem goes only so far as it's allowed. It most probably isn't possible to eradicate the problems you see in communities but you can inhibit them as Blokker ;) has started doing. It's just a matter of learning via experience from here on in/out.

hi just wanted to say that i think what you guys did was called for..... people need to controll themselves and think before they post something..... its kinda funny when people bitch about release dates and i think to myself " are YOU putting any work into this?" and "you know, your not even paying for this!!" why don't you just get out side.... go for a walk in the park, go get some icecream and shut the hell up and wait :twisted:

MrBill

I think zantai dosn't have a sense of humor, i mean, anyone who swers as much as I do on a formu (being mod too ) should know its not mentaly right and sholud take me as a joke JOKE HAHAHAHAHA come on people

You've obviously failed to comprehend the original post. It's not just in regards as to how the moderators abuse the english language it's also their painfully obvious lack of maturity. I saw you in the IRC room just now...

anybody read zantei's post?

haha funny some people cant take a joke

I mean

who here thinksa I mean it when I swear at people who bug me?

:)

<[G2o3]Drunkie> no

<[G2o3]Drunkie> i didnt' read it

<[G2o3]Drunkie> and i dunno

k, maybe sometimes I do, but not al the time

he says that

he says that no mods should swear at people

that

"swearing" is bad and no mods should do it

HA!

<[G2o3]Drunkie> lol

I spit!.. no I SWEAR in his face ;)

After which some magnificent twit went on to talk about "groovy jeans" and "role models" in todays society =)

So if I were going to review you I'd say...

Comprehension skills 30%

Maturity 20%

Grammar 25%

You told me it was all in the name of fun. Nothing wrong with having "fun" but don't do it as a mod. Your fun actually drives the thoughtful posts away and discourages them due to very few people having the mental capacity it takes to form a single coherent sentence in their replies...

I have a good sense of humour though it is not decadent.

You didn't even notice I was in the same room until I quoted you, must have been a bit of a shock

ZANTEII

hi zantei how you doing!

well I hope!

I'm going to stop here, that was patheti....never mind.

Edit : I'll edit your opst with all the errors and typos I want thank you very much, and I dont care IF you were in the chan, at all or ever, I'm glade you saw it, and you could post it, to show how immature YOU are

Come on, give the mods a break, will ya? MrBill has been known to type things rather too hastily, without looking it over before he presses 'enter' or 'send'. On the old forums he even accidentally named himself MtBill... However annoying it may seem, you should leave people to find these things out for themselves, instead of giving them shit for it.

The way I see it now, is that you have been giving this topic far more attention than you should have. It has turned into a 'kick the mods' thread and am begining to wonder about your initial goal here. Your point has been made, (probably even before your first post) so please! We really are working hard at MTA to please you guys, and we ask nothing in return except respect. Even toward the eccentric among us. (ahum)

i agree with trx. it has turned into an Anti-Mod Thread. Obviously their doing something right, 1000 users signed up. Swearing is a way of expressing yourself, and when you signup to the forums, you agree your 13yr+, and 97% yr olds either swear or hear swearing everyday. I swear in a react to stupidity and frustration most the time, as i said its a way of expressing yourself. And for religious people, they arnt even considered "bad words" by the bible.

Thats my opinion.

PS. Bout your comments on the Mod, How can you complain, when you arnt making it? You saying you think it sucks just cause the GUI is lame. I Wouldnt care if it was original VB6 grey and grey buttons, Their hard work is going into it, GUI Should be the last thing to worry about.

However annoying it may seem, you should leave people to find these things out for themselves, instead of giving them shit for it.

What a..... If someone doesn't say anything to "the people", how can "the people" "find these things out for themselves". I think that, if no-one gives credit, the people think that they are doing the right thing and don't change their way of doing "things".

Example when you are at school and your teacher tells you to do cartwheel and you do a somersault. Teacher looks at you and says nothing, you think : Cool, i can do this right!

EDIT: same goes here, if people SPAM and do stupid things, and nobody tells them HOW WILL THEY LEARN?

Obviously their doing something right, 1000 users signed up.

It's nothing to do with the mods. It's to do with the publicity they've been receiving in gaming magazines...

Swearing is a way of expressing yourself

We're talking about mods for christ's sake, do they really need to be told it's offensive and if anything it shows a lack of the ability to express oneself...

Come on, give the mods a break, will ya?

What for exactly?

Being a mod isn't meant to be a form of recreation...you have a job to do, if you don't want to do it then resign...Do you people think administration is fun or somehting?

If any of you think this is a "bash the mods thread" then it's quite shocking as this must be the only feedback you've received from your community. Well now you know.

PS. Bout your comments on the Mod, How can you complain, when you arnt making it? You saying you think it sucks just cause the GUI is lame. I Wouldnt care if it was original VB6 grey and grey buttons, Their hard work is going into it, GUI Should be the last thing to worry about.

For the 5th time, I'm not saying it again, it's called feedback. Complaining is when people mock a subject without any explanation whatsoever.

You ask how I can complain? Does that mean you think everything the team does is perfect and flawless? Are you one of those undesirable factors that worship everything for no reason? If so, you can only be detrimental to this project.

GUI Should be the last thing to worry about.

Yes, that's why I addressed it last.................

You saying you think it sucks

Yeah...you obviously need to re-read from the beginning.

As for me spending too much time on this thread, I've said it'll be the only one I'll actively participate in already and so I'll grace everyone with a fair reply if that's not too much to ask...

• MTA Team

locked by me, this is ending in a useless discussion

on a note here By Mr.Bill (I'd post myself but im to lazy, sorry blokker) I would like to point out, again, what's his name has no sense of humor, and I don't watch my spelling, almost ever, even if I did I wouldn't care, and I find it pretty sad that some people have to copy and paste just to get back at some people, it shows some immaturaty inthemselves, so shut up would you? I like joking around, thats all

and blokker, watch me? what did I do! ;)