FRAPS problems

is anybody else experiencing problems when recording with FRAPS after 0.4?

i used to be able to easily record at 25 FPS (i have it set to 25), but now in vice city it ALWAYS goes down to 7 or 8 FPS. when theres a lot of action, its 7-8 FPS, when im just pointing toward the sky, its 7-8 FPS, i even tried recording in the menu and it was still 7-8 FPS!

i just tried recording in regular vice city though, and i still get these issues (records at 7-8 FPS), so it may not be because of MTA 0.4, although this started happening after i installed it. when i record in GTA3, or any other game, it works fine.

does anyone know what the problem might be? again, my hardware is up to it since everything recorded smoothly before installing 0.4 (which may not have anything to do with it).

I tested fraps too, last night i had about 35-45 fps without fraps, if i turned it on i got 4FPS!! lol its terrible. With 0.3 i always got at least the fps i set fraps to.

something in mta0.4 is slowing down, i cant even play it without fraps :shock:
the game without FRAPs runs FINE for me though.. always at 30 fps with the frame limiter enabled.

I tested fraps too, last night i had about 35-45 fps without fraps, if i turned it on i got 4FPS!! lol its terrible. With 0.3 i always got at least the fps i set fraps to.i always get 7-8 fps. what is very strange is that it happens in single player too. no matter where i am.. in the middle of a cop chase, somewhere where i would regularly get 90 fps, or in the main menu, i ALWAYS get 7 or 8 fps. it seems like MTA 0.4 is the culprit since so many people say it happened after they installed it, but how can MTA 0.4 effect single player?

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Guest

hmm, i'm running a 2.8ghz p4, 768mb ram, 64 mb geforcego something or other...and I found fraps ran fine until more than 3 people/ used cars got on screen. It'd go from 30 fps to 7-9 even if they were all just standing there. I found it a bit odd.

well, your video card is your obvious bottleneck there, is your performance effecred when you see more than three cars without FRAPS recording? did it do this before MTA 0.4?

the issue im experience is i get low FPS NO MATTER WHAT.