0.4 using more bandwidth than 0.3

The bandwidth problem has been identified, and rectified I'm glad to say, bringing approximately 70% decrease in bw usage, we are just investigating timescales for other fixes before deciding wether to patch for bandwidth alone or squeeze some others in too.

Note: Unsticked by eAi

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bandwidth problem has been identified, and rectified I'm glad to say, bringing approximately 70% decrease in bw usage, we are just investigating timescales for other fixes before deciding wether to patch for bandwidth alone or squeeze some others in too.

Yay, so you guys are patching it :D That's always good to hear.

That sounds like it will be close to the bandwidth usage of 0.3 which is a huge relief.

sorry if this is a stupid question, but will decreasing bandwith usage reduce crashes? im guessing it will help pings. will it allow for more accurate aiming? less warping?

or does it only benefit those with crappy connections?

what exactly this this do?

oh, and please squeeze in as many fixes as you can :)

sorry if this is a stupid question, but will decreasing bandwith usage reduce crashes? im guessing it will help pings. will it allow for more accurate aiming? less warping?

or does it only benefit those with crappy connections?

what exactly this this do?

oh, and please squeeze in as many fixes as you can :)

Im not sure about this but im dont think it will reduce crashes (unless they include something in the patch) .. and i also think that it wont cause more lag < but im not sure bout this ..

My connection is half mbit, so speed shoulndt really be an issue....

As long as you don't try to play on a server with more than 22 players you should be ok. 500kb/sec is not enough to play on a 26 player 0.4 (currently).

Another issue is all the extra CPU required to process the incoming traffic. Surely the client does something with all that data. I suspect this is the main reason people with slow computers are complaining about low fps.

I think getting the downlink back to reasonable levels will solve most if not all of the "it's laggy" complaints.

Another issue is all the extra CPU required to process the incoming traffic. Surely the client does something with all that data. I suspect this is the main reason people with slow computers are complaining about low fps.

I think it would fix (or at least, reduce) the colour bug with GTA3 also.

They took a while to patch the server (ages ago) from 0.3 to 0.3.1 (about 3 weeks, it must have been), but then again, Bump said that they know exactly what the problem is this time around. However, I'd expect that they'd fix some of the smaller, easier bugs at the same time too.

I'd just be happy with the bandwidth decrease in the next release. (Hey that rhymes!) :lol:

Currently, MTA 0.4 is unplayable for me. :(

I'm running MTAMA at the same time, without Admin+, and my ping goes from 24 outgame to 1000+ ingame. This never happened on 0.3r2.

I have 1Mbit connection.

I am an admin on Iyon's server and am getting exactly the same ping as he is..

I for one would welcome a patch with the bandwidth problems sorted.

I normally get around 15-20 ping and am still getting this - Outgame.

But ingame, Unplayable.

I run admin client - Without admin+ (yet; hopefully soon) and mta client - that is all.

-Nick