Crash with Turismo

I was just playing in a GTA3 server and it came up with the Turismo thingy. I was quite near the starting point at the time, so I got there with about 30-40 seconds to spare and parked my car.

Now, when you park it there, the camera starts zooming away. The problem was that it didn't stop zooming, and because I got there early, it must have exceeded the boundaries of the map because I got an exception error.

because I got there early, it must have exceeded the boundaries of the map because I got an exception error.

i dont think its the map, i dont know why it should be the map, ive been to turismo when it just started and in the end i almost saw all of portland and in sp in was 20x that high with the admin console...

i think the game isnt limited at all in height

and also, it doesnt mean someone is cheating or has more fps than you when the race starts, its just the inaccurate synch of time

i dont think its the map, i dont know why it should be the map, ive been to turismo when it just started and in the end i almost saw all of portland and in sp in was 20x that high with the admin console...

i think the game isnt limited at all in height

Yeah... on the GTA3:MTA 0.3b credits, didn't the camera go into the clouds, from what I remember?

Must have just been a random crash then. I did Turismo again, and the camera went straight up, and then straightened up and reduced its angle.

and also, it doesnt mean someone is cheating or has more fps than you when the race starts, its just the inaccurate synch of time

I didn't say it did... :? but I did notice that time was out by a couple of minutes in some cases. One guy said "10:45" and it was about "10:42" on mine, but that kind of thing's to be expected.

Yep, it just happened again. I was driving around, waiting for Turismo to start and got there about 2 secs after the countdown began. I waited in line and it crashed again (although I don't think the camera got as high as it did before).

I've played Turismo with no problems when I arrive later.

yea, waiting at the 'hotspots' before they are created probably isn't a good idea then ;)

Something to look at

No, I was driving around not far fromt it, not just waiting there. The hotspots had already been created by the time I arrived.

Was I supposed to pull into the first one, and not a random one in the middle of the road?

Hmm, A random one should work. Anyway, thanks for pointing it out. I know it's not completely watertight code yet, but we'll fix it.

Ok, thanks.

I don't want to overload you with work, but I was playing GTA3:MTA over my LAN today with a friend, and we came across the following problems (actually, we came across more, but I forgot to write them down):

1. I'm not really sure how you'd sort it out, but the race time is seriously unsynced, to the extent that one of us would get 1 or 2 secs head start of the other. Luckily we're nice guys and waited for the other person to start. On one occasion, I used MTAMA to change the time slightly, and the packet to my friend's machine must have been lost, to the extent that his Turismo timer was about 20 secs behind mine, so I had to wait for his to start before I drove off.

2. My friend was racing in a police car, and it happened to blow up and he was disqualified. I then happened to die slightly later on and respawn near the police car's spawn point, where I saw it fully damaged with the arrow still above it, despite the fact that the race had ended.

3. I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this, but if all of your opponents get disqualified, I reckon you should win straight away and not have to finish the race.

4. Small bug: If you pull into one of the hotspots, it looks like drivers already in them are facing the wrong way.

Thanks.

the MTA Turismo is sync with the time.

it starts on 14:00 and you may race if the 4 spots are closed or if it is 15:00 + 3 sec.

And for a honestly game (when there are less then 4 racers/players) the time must be exactly the same.

But if you are playing mta ingame and then ALT+TAB go to admin and set time (for example 12:00). It only sets the time of the other computers on the network (so not the one where you are and not in the game but in the admin). The time by your gtagame will be set when you come back in the game. (Gta will then set your time 12:00) if you are slow with coming back to gta then the time differents will be big.

so if you are doing 10 seconds after setting the time before you come back to gta. Then the other players have for example 12:15 and you 12:05.

AND then the other players can start 10 seconds earlier. :shock:

maybe thats is because your have lag in gta3.

if your computer lag, the time will tik slower on your computer, but not on other players computers.

and mta only sync the time when you enter a game or when the admin sync it.

Maybe its a idea that the server must sync the time every 10 sec or even 5 sec.

btw only the start/begin of MTA Turismo is sync by the time (14:00). So if the admin will set the time (when it is on 14:23) to 12:00, MTA Turismo will still continu.

Not a water-proof system...

1. I'm not really sure how you'd sort it out, but the race time is seriously unsynced, to the extent that one of us would get 1 or 2 secs head start of the other. Luckily we're nice guys and waited for the other person to start. On one occasion, I used MTAMA to change the time slightly, and the packet to my friend's machine must have been lost, to the extent that his Turismo timer was about 20 secs behind mine, so I had to wait for his to start before I drove off.

We'll probably make the start race an admin+ function, instead of syncing it through time

2. My friend was racing in a police car, and it happened to blow up and he was disqualified. I then happened to die slightly later on and respawn near the police car's spawn point, where I saw it fully damaged with the arrow still above it, despite the fact that the race had ended.

I noticed this as well, gonna look into it. Did the arrow(s) stay during the remainder of the game?

3. I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this, but if all of your opponents get disqualified, I reckon you should win straight away and not have to finish the race.

Tricky question, this could mean its going to be a carwrecking match with people showing up in firetrucks, etc hehe

4. Small bug: If you pull into one of the hotspots, it looks like drivers already in them are facing the wrong way.

They're supposed to be forced in the proper direction when they arrive at the blue hotspot, however, if theyre already there for some time and you are coming from the other far end of Portland, the vehicle's angles arent synched. I'm sure they sped off in the correct directions when the race started.

I noticed this as well, gonna look into it. Did the arrow(s) stay during the remainder of the game?

No, it didn't. I'm not sure how long it stayed.

Tricky question, this could mean its going to be a carwrecking match with people showing up in firetrucks, etc hehe

I dunno... if there are only 2 people then yes, it'd be quite easy. But it'd be virtually impossible to eliminate all of your competition with 3 or more players, because whilst your battering one opponent, the rest have sped on ahead. Bah, I'm just lazy :wink:

Thanks for looking into it.

Edited by Guest

So far I've not had any real problems with Turismo, except the fact that while you're sitting there waiting for the race to start, someone decides to be a smartass and jack your car.

I don't really care about having my car jacked, I can always grab another, but mine was jacked while I was in the starting grid, waiting for the race to start, which led to my game crashing. It coulda been an isolated incident though.

Are there plans to make the racers off-limits to car jackers, bullets and hit and runners until the race starts?

Are there plans to make the racers off-limits to car jackers, bullets and hit and runners until the race starts?

They should be already, sounds like you suffered a glitch, possibly time sync related. The hotspots may not have been there yet in the jackers game for instance.

and what about less money if you win if there are less other racers?

you always get 5000, why not (for example) 2000 when you race against 1 player?

btw I think you must always finish the race before you win and get money.

Or maybe a smaller prize for second place (not if there are only 2 people in the race though, obviously).

In single player you get nothing for second place, I cant see why you should in multi. It will stay winner takes all, you just have to make sure you win :)

and after you win your pc crash and the 5000$ is gone... :(

Happend me a lot. :shock:

would be nice if the information how much money you have would sit in the MTA client and not GTA3.

In single player you get nothing for second place, I cant see why you should in multi. It will stay winner takes all, you just have to make sure you win :)

^ That also inspires more bump and grind racing, which is always more fun. :D

If you ain't gonna come in first, at least you can make a few bucks making sure the one who does finish first crosses the line in a smoldering heap. :twisted: