MTA 0.4 RELEASED

Si|ent

MTA 0.4 released (23/07/2004 @ 00:43 CET) by MrBump

After what seems an endless stream of bugs and difficulties we have finally got the latest version into what we feel is a releasable state, you can download it here.

A sample of the new features.

An all-new GTA3MTA,

Spectator mode,

Synchronised weather,

Synchronised time,

New career in place of racer,

Admin+

For more changes and additions and to learn more about the above refer to the manual.

A massive thanks to our community for its support, loyalty and patience over the past few months. We hope your reward is an exciting new playing experience in Liberty City, and some great new features in Vice City.

But please note MTA is still a beta, and as such will not be totally bug nor crash free.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found alot of glitches here is what i have found:

Reversing then pressing T in gta3 results in car reversing auto!

When Weather changes it is VERY laggy

When weather changes it sometimes frezes the game

When weather changes the sky turns different colours

Blue tint on all cars at particualr weather

these are just some of the gta3 bugs i have found...

about the weird colors this is a bug in GTA3.. it happens when the engine gets strained really bad, we're not sure exactly the cause but its just something we can't fix.

about the others many of thema re also known.

But try to enjoy it :-P

Kent

mta is awesome now...

the only complaint i have is one that many share.

in vice almost everytime i respawn i crash.

but robber is still my favorite char, i love him even more now

This respawn crash looks like somethign we may have to patch-fix. For now try respawning as a different career each time, irritating to those of us who love one career and stick to it, but look on the bright side, it will give you more variety than you experienced in 0.3 :)

The new robber has been weakened and other characters are stonger.

Actually all I've done is fix the gltch some used with stubby, involving a rapid change to pistol and run around the target. But i guess yes the removal of that gltch DOES make it weaker, thankfully :)

The other careers are untweaked, unless you take into account the good aim, meaning its much easier for people to use the ruger, uzi, m4 etc. So yes i guess they are stronger.

hmm..

*wonders what point he was trying to make, and thinks he probably failed to make it*

Absolutely brilliant!

Both VC and GTA3 are much better than previously. The characters in VC are much more balanced and I'm loving the Secret Service (katana). Weapon buying is the best thing in GTA3. I can't wait for the other islands :D

Unfortunately I was experiencing a lot of lag in VC - I think it's my connection but I'm not sure.

Great job, hard rain seems to make people laggy/choppy. But the weapons aiming is amazing. I can now kill with MP5, ruger, and m4 with relative ease, from not being able to hit people with them.

I seem to crash a bit more, more randomly, and a bit harder sometimes, but still worth it.

Manual Error:

Prawn Island is listed for the Robber spawn place.

I have one question btw, will one of your goals for .5 be to put boats in?

how long have you guys been working on this? other than the timelength between the release of the .3r2 or whatever beta, this seems like it was done by 2-3 people in a few weeks of hard work.

no new features. i get more errors with .4 than i do with .3r2. the only problem with .3r2 was the glitchiness not of movement, but of the damage system using guns, but that made it more interesting. i held off a mta tournament with 15 ppl for .4, but it doesn't even seem like it was worth the wait. =/

maybe .5?

how long have you guys been working on this? other than the timelength between the release of the .3r2 or whatever beta, this seems like it was done by 2-3 people in a few weeks of hard work.

no new features. i get more errors with .4 than i do with .3r2. the only problem with .3r2 was the glitchiness not of movement, but of the damage system using guns, but that made it more interesting. i held off a mta tournament with 15 ppl for .4, but it doesn't even seem like it was worth the wait. =/

maybe .5?

MTA 0.4 was worked on for 7 months. There are plenty of new features like a new char select, spectator, weather and time sync, speedometer, gta3 support (which has ammunations and pay'n'sprays), more admin features, now, must i go on with the features? Do you know why we had a 0.3r2? Because 0.3 had a bug, that made it unplayable (radar glitch), just like MTA 0.4 has the spawn a 2nd time and crash glitch (that needs to be patched) and will probably be fixed with an MTA 0.4.1 or an MTA 0.4r2 or something. MTA 0.4 is a huge improvement in lag/sync/and good gameplay. You guys see one bad bug, and you say the whole mod is full of tons of other glitches that dont exist and say that it has no new features and such. Let them fix the 2 spawn glitch, and it'll be fine (btw, play GTA3 if you dont want the 2 spawn bug).

You know, sometimes i wonder why we bother.