MTArc Thread.

Si|ent

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also like to point out, i made the manual :P

Hmm, i just saw the 'edited' manual and it seems as if MrBump has edited out ALL of my steps and left only the FAQ i created. Well, thanks a lot bump. There was really no need to do that you know. Thanks for "allowing me" to keep the FAQ i created though :roll: Not tryin to start a flame war, but i would like to know why you edited out all of my steps. You had no reason to do that...... My steps were fine, and it explained how to use the application.

PS: For those that think I'm just trying to 'get some recognition' i have the original manual on my hard drive.

Posty, DJGTA was fine with the readme being rewritten. The amount of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes hardly put forward a professional appearance, something that is fairly important for an officially recognised addon. Not to mention your Step 2 making no sense whatsoever. Overall your text overcomplicated the issue and was disjointed, (you instructed people to add a bind, start mtarc and mta and then to add more binds for instance).

I also added a short copyright and permissions notice.

Your faq however was perfect except for one slight sentence rearrangement I had to make, so full credit was left to you regarding it.

Mr.Bump:

Posty, DJGTA was fine with the readme being rewritten. The amount of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes hardly put forward a professional appearance, something that is fairly important for an officially recognised addon.

You spelled recognized wrong, laugh .. the irony of the topic was too funny to overlook.

learn to admin bump.

-DooN

1.jpg

Edited by Guest
i thpought u spelt recognised with an S

Okay people. Here's a lesson for you. Englad spells a lot of things with an S instead of a Z. Americans spell things like 'recognized' with the letter Z. There's some other words like that too, but I forgot what they are :P

Anyways, BACK ON TOPIC. lol

Well in dictionary.com which is world wide, nothing is recognized for "recognised".. laugh. (that's called a "pan" etc.. which some of you may have missed so ill change them back for you)

Either or.. some of you may have missed the point of my prior post.. some may have not.

-DooN

1.jpg

Edited by Guest
Well in dictionary.com which is world wide, nothing is regonized for "reconised".. laugh.

Recognised has a "g" in it... anyway, yes, I can verify that this is indeed a word.

I checked on dictionary.com (and spelt it with a "g") and there was no result, but that does not mean that it is not a word.

You spelled recognized wrong,
. This is a forum post, hardly the same thing as documentation so therefore ill typo and ignore the rules of grammar as much as i want thanks.

Now lets change this thread back from a spelling pool into its original purpose.

MTArc related posts please.

its a great program but would be good if it had some more functions and a tad bit more user friendly!

Yep, it would be good if there were presets already made for common speech (e.g. "cover me", "get in", etc.) so that you can just run it without having to spend ages setting it up for simple stuff.

And it would be good if you could import and export the preset files so that you can back them up without having to set them up again if you reformat.

its a great program but would be good if it had some more functions and a tad bit more user friendly!

Yep, it would be good if there were presets already made for common speech (e.g. "cover me", "get in", etc.) so that you can just run it without having to spend ages setting it up for simple stuff.

And it would be good if you could import and export the preset files so that you can back them up without having to set them up again if you reformat.

There is a save fuction in the top of the app menu, theses files saves to the postion of the app (as a text file).

I will work on a common file if you like, and maybe people can share the onces they have made alright ?

I will work on a common file if you like, and maybe people can share the onces they have made alright ?

Yep, my idea was that people used to games like Battlefield could use the same keys by importing presets.

I can foresee a few problems with preset lists.

IE you downloaded a set with U bound to 'You take the front' for example. if in normal chat u press U it will insert that into your sentence when u dont want it. So instead of typing 'im under the bridge' itll show 'im uYou take the frontnder the bridge',

Theres then issues with fraps hotkey, if the same key happens to be bound to a command such as 'retreat' it would change radio stations, look out of the players right hand windows briefly, open the chatbox and put the text 'reat' in it. Same for other applications and addons that use hotkeys.

Anyway, whilst djgta's hosting is suffering problems it can be downloaded from here: http://upload.mtavc.com/MTArc-1.0.z please NOTE you will need to rename it to MTArc-1.0.zip once u have downloaded. That hosting doesnt allow direct linking to zips