Xamp installer not startin

aintaro

Hello guys,

I tried to install xamp but when I doubleclick the installer nothing happens.

I changed the compatibility to windows 7 because it had problems on windows 8 it said, but on windows 7 it just does nothing.

Anybody else has exerpienced this problem? Or can help me out with some information?

Thanks in advance,

Aintaro

I would use Wamp, why? Because I'm a programmer for a living and I always encounter problems with Xampp.

I would like to hear what kind of problems. Been an XAMPP user for years now, and I've never had trouble with it. I did with WAMP. Could've been that WAMP distributed a messed up Apache config, but I always had a moment where pages just would not load at all for several minutes and several other issues like crashes, or WAMP being unable to detect if Apache/MySQL was running. Never had a problem with XAMPP.

However, WAMP is in fact less bloated. That's nice. I merely use any of the unique features XAMPP offers. Although XAMPP makes the job easy if you do need something like FTP.

If you want something REALLY lightweight, The Uniform Server might be interesting.

Some other alternative for is EasyPHP. Might be worth a look aswell if XAMPP doesn't work out.