MTA Bureau of Investigation & Intelligence

BII

Introduction

The Bureau of Investigation & Intelligence (BII) is new and unique to MTA. The BII is the first and only 'private intelligence agency' that operates within the MTA community, and provides (entirely free) services such as hacking investigations, background investigations, security, and counterintelligence. The BII is an impartial and independent entity within the MTA community, and the full list of services that we offer can be viewed here. We must take this opportunity to point out that the website has not yet been 100% polished and perfected, as we have higher priorities than the website at this time.

Why?

"I have been working in the MTA community for approximately 7 years now. Trends in the community are changing all of the time, but one thing that never changes is the fact that there are many malicious users out there, who seek to bring down communities, steal scripts, and personally attack members of the community. Administration teams have always handled these incidents themselves, but in most cases, they are not trained to deal with sophisticated attacks, and always consider security when it's too late." - BII Director

Recruitment

In order to fulfil its role, the BII needs to recruit the best individuals MTA has to offer. If you are at all interested in joining the BII, then click here. We are looking to recruit dozens of agents (cyber professionals), translators, legal advisers, and more. In order to ensure that we are best prepared for just about anything, successful applicants are given free training on everything ranging from SQL to Open-Source Intelligence.

For any further information on the BII, visit our website and take a look around. If you have any concerns, criticisms, or further questions, please use the contact page and we will respond as soon as possible.

After reading over the publicly available information, the BII may seem like a faceless organisation that has randomly appeared out of nowhere. I am the Director of the organisation, and it was initially created in mid 2013. It was quite successful, but was later disbanded after I went inactive. I am now relaunching the organisation and intend on keeping it alive, and hope that the MTA community will try it out before judging it.

Why should you trust it? We don't make any profit from offering any of these services; everybody that works for the BII does so voluntarily. Our investigations and operations are released to the public after they have ended. In order to maintain transparency, we are recruiting an 'Inspector General' who will oversee all operations and ensure everything is done legitimately. If you have any further ideas of how we could improve trust, I'd be willing to consider them.

Most people claim MTA is just a game, and therefore why would MTA ever need anything as over-the-top as this? Well, for some people MTA is a career, for others it is a business oppertunity, for others it is a hobby. On a daily basis scripts are stolen, services are attacked, and systems exploited. Players rarely appreciate this, as it all takes place behind closed doors, but undoubtably this happens, and there is no entity within the community that aims to tackle these major issues. This is the reasoning behind the creation of the BII.

After reviewing the application upload feature on the website it has come to our attention that any applications with special characters were not being saved due to file name limitations on the operating system. We have now resolved this issue and recommend that everybody re-submit their application.

Well, for some people MTA is a career, for others it is a business oppertunity, for others it is a hobby. On a daily basis scripts are stolen, services are attacked, and systems exploited.

To whom is it a career? As far as it seems to me, there really is no considerable amount of money moving around for resource writers. Maybe for some mta core bug bounties, but these aren't enough for a career too.

I haven't personally seen a resource so good (read: advanced), that it shouldn't be free, except the map creator and some AI scripts which are being built.

But, whatever you do, if you do it good and invest your time in it, then it's probably useful to somebody. Even if it's NSA for MTA.

Sorry if sounding like a douchebag.

• 1 month later...