Does anyone know if the new GTA4 will come with online

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember they still have this contract with Sony which kinda forbids them to make a multiplayer mode if it doesn't work on the PlayStation 2 (which it doesn't). Anyways, if it would.. it would be a pain in the ass to port it to the PC, im sure.

How come there's left-over multiplayer code in GTA3 then?

4? :shock:

wth sa is 5 u lama

Actually it's technically 6.

GTA.

GTA 2.

GTA: London.

GTA 3.

GTA: Vice City.

GTA: San Andreas.

:roll:

If you follow Rockstar's awakward numbering system, then GTA:SA is actually GTA 4...

:lol:

AND HE CAN STICK THAN IN HIS PIPE AND SMOKE IT!

Here's the order

GTA (City names Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas)

GTA London 1969

GTA London 1961

GTA Directors Cut (Includes xtra missions for GTA and London with link to dl 1961)

GTA 2

GTA 3

GTA:VC

and soon

GTA:SA

That would be 8, making GTA:SA, GTA 8

And if you want to get real technical, they released GTA1 for DOS originaly, then later re-released GTA for windows, then again rereleased it so it would take both DOS and Windows(Director's Cut), so technicaly you could count those as GTA releases, taking the count up two more to ten, making SA, GTA 10 . .

ya I think 4 will prolly be London, that or they will recreate the game once again for 4.

and london will be the next game in the series without a number.

I have thought since 3, they would follow their original cities, starting with gta1. If this holds true, London should be the next AFTER SA, then probably GTA 4.

Just like 1 & 2

London was released as an add on for 1, '61 wasn't publicly released (sold in stores or advertised in mags or tv)

was a link to dl from the web site or on game.

as far as SA being released on PC of course it will, just Rockstar has contract to develop for Sony first. Where do yo think they write the code and test the game on before burning it to ps2 disc and testing it?

a pc?

hrmm?

Quote from http://www.gamewinners.com

From gi, "Speaking in an interview with Dutch games magazine Power Unlimited, Houser categorically stated that 'San Andreas will not be online,' going on to explain that 'we would have to sacrifice too much for it.'"

"'We have a lot of script writers working on GTA, and they use so many scenarios to build the story - it's impossible to do that in an online game, that problem has not been solved,'" he explained.

Oh Well That's gonna suck for those who don't have a PC and internet(assuming MTA will add multiplay to it(no pressure))

gta:sa seems to be only an addon stand alone, same engine with bugfixs, new vehicles players, solo. I was waiting for a real new game :\

btw it will be good as gta3 and vice :c), but sad if no mp, but cool in a way cause same engine maybe say mta can mod on it ;c).

yes, the same engine but better graphics and much much more space, like gta3 has 3 citys, sa will have 2 countrys :o

gta:sa seems to be only an addon stand alone, same engine with bugfixs, new vehicles players, solo. I was waiting for a real new game :\

btw it will be good as gta3 and vice :c), but sad if no mp, but cool in a way cause same engine maybe say mta can mod on it ;c).

yes, the same engine but better graphics and much much more space, like gta3 has 3 citys, sa will have 2 countrys :o

Correction GTA# has 3 ISLANDS and GTA:SA is ONE country with THREE cities

But we get the idea.

correction again, sa will have 3 COUNTRIES

We Wish!

"San Andreas is not a city - it’s a state. The game will take place in three cities: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, and the countryside in between. Los Angeles will be called Los Santos, San Francisco will be called San Fierro, and Las Vegas will be called Las Venturra. Each city is relatively the same size as Vice City, and will be fully open to the player at different points in the story arc. The entire game is approximately four to six times as large as either GTA III or Vice City."

if you still don't believe me, hereread it for yourself:

http://www.gta-series.com/eng/index.php ... tion=&id=&

According to an article I read about a year back or so when Sims Online was released, Rockstar said they were thinking about a project of an MP GTA. The real question was, whether or not there would be a fee to play online.

Do you mean like MTA or an MMOG (they usually have subscription fees)?

i remember back when vice city was just being started, everyone wondered what it would be called, and i still played gta1 once in a while, mp wit a friend for jokez, and i predicted that it'd be called vice city

at that point, i knew that the next one would be san andreas

look at gta1!! those are the cities

i sat back and laughed while reading posts, news articles, ppl guessing what the name would be

whole time im sittin here "it'll be san andreas"

after SA, i predict a GTA 4

And because you're so skilled in guessing the obvious city names, we're supposed to drop to our knees and bow to you...

You're not the only one in the world who could have guessed the names... Many of us have been here since GTA 1 such a long time ago.

;)

Since the city in GTA3 was called Liberty City, that's when I caught on to the trend.

Saying the next GTA will be called GTA 4 is just a guess, not even really an educated guess.

• 2 weeks later...
Saying the next GTA will be called GTA 4 is just a guess, not even really an educated guess.

well, everyone seems to be discussing on this, but it has not been confirmed that there will ever be a 4th part of GTA. In Power Unlimited (the mag with the interview with Dan Houser) Houser said that the entire GTA-team was taking a big vacation, so maybe they just go to some huge estate and spend the rest of their lifes drinking cocktails and whisky.

j/k guys,

but just for now, nothing has been confirmed concerning future gta-releases after SA, but according to the huge sales of gta, they will probably continue it...

cya

The next grand theft auto after san andreas is going to be called gta4. Rockstar is starting a new gta series on ps3 when It comes out in 2005. The next gta after san andreas is going to be on ps3. It is supposed to take place in 2015, and yes there are going to be flying cars. I have a friend that works at funcoland (famous gamestore) and they already know about the next release. This is not a rumor either.