dxText problems.

justn

Hi, so the problem i have here, is the text shows, then it doesnt, everytime i restart the resource, the text shows and disappears within 1 second, can you help fix this problem please?

local GrenadeLaunchers = 0 
local GrenadeLText = dxDrawText(GrenadeLaunchers, 986, 0, 1018, 49, tocolor(255, 255, 255, 255), 1.50, "bankgothic", "left", "top", false, false, true, false, false) 

addEventHandler("onClientPlayerWeaponSwitch",getRootElement(),function(prevSlot,newSlot) 
if getPedWeapon(getLocalPlayer(),newSlot) == 30 or getPedWeapon(getLocalPlayer(),newSlot) == 31 then 
setElementVisibleTo(GrenadeLText,localPlayer,true) 
setElementVisibleTo(GrenadeLText,root,false) 
else 
setElementVisibleTo(GrenadeLText,localPlayer,false) 
setElementVisibleTo(GrenadeLText,root,false) 
end 
end) 

local rendering = false 
local GrenadeLaunchers = 0 
function renderGrenadeLaunchers() 
    dxDrawText(GrenadeLaunchers, 986, 0, 1018, 49, tocolor(255, 255, 255, 255), 1.50, "bankgothic", "left", "top", false, false, true, false, false) 
end 

addEventHandler("onClientPlayerWeaponSwitch",getRootElement(), 
function(prevSlot,newSlot) 
    if getPedWeapon(getLocalPlayer(),newSlot) == 30 or getPedWeapon(getLocalPlayer(),newSlot) == 31 then 
        if (not rendering) then 
            addEventHandler("onClientRender", root, renderGrenadeLaunchers) 
            rendering = true 
        end 
    else 
        if (rendering) then 
            removeEventHandler("onClientRender", root, renderGrenadeLaunchers) 
            rendering = false 
        end 
    end 
end) 

dxDrawText will work only for your resolution because you didn't use getGuiScreenSize().

Quoting one of my post.

I'm not familiar with sizes as well. I got some free time yesterday and decided to make some tests with
getCursorPosition() 

and I found out that its really amazing for sizes. :fadein:

If you want to display your text on the center then:

( This will work on all resolutions )

local sx,sy =  guiGetScreenSize() 
function drawIt () 
dxDrawText("LOL",sx/2,sy/2, sx/2, sy/2,tocolor(0,255,255,255),0.8,"bankgothic","center","center",false,false,false 
end  

addEventHandler("onClientResourceStart", resourceRoot, 
function () addEventHandler("onClientRender", root, drawIt) end ) 

Now may god bless you. If you want them at top right or where ever you want on the screen we'll use getCursorPosition() to get the X and Y coordinates to make it fit on all resolutions.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Use the following code to get the X and Y sizes where you want to display your text.

addCommandHandler("sh", function ()  
if not showed then  
showCursor (true)  
showed = true 
else 
showCursor (false)  
showed = nil 
end  
end) 

addCommandHandler("cu",  
function () 
        if isCursorShowing() then 
        outputChatBox ("a") 
            local ScreX, ScreY, _, _,_ = getCursorPosition() 
            outputChatBox("SizeX: "..ScreX.." |||| SizeY: "..ScreY ) 
        end 
    end ) 

Step #1: Use the code I posted. Now execute the command /sh to toggle the cursor ( you must execute this command or else getCursorPosition() won't work.

Step #2: Once you execute /sh then place your cursor on the position where you want to display the text and then type /cu and it will output the Screen X and Y in chatbox.

Step #3: Now copy the SizeX and SizeY from the chatbox and we'll make a use of it

local sx,sy = guiGetScreenSize() 
local SizeX, SizeY = X,Y   --- Replace it with the Size X and Y you got from the chatbox ( with the help of getCursorPosition () 

function drawIt () 
dxDrawText("LOL",(SizeX)*sx,( SizeY )*sy, (  SizeX )*sx, ( SizeY )*sy,tocolor(0,255,255,255),0.8,"bankgothic","center","center",false,false,false) 
end  

addEventHandler("onClientResourceStart", resourceRoot, 
function () addEventHandler("onClientRender", root, drawIt) end ) 

EDIT: Guys if you see what I wrote is wrong then please correct me because I'm not familiar with sizes. :oops: