After playing this videogame..

AcE_

Would you have the balls to shoot and kill someone in real life? Would you be able to do it with no feeling of remorse of guilt? Idiotic congressman or whatever believe that this is possible, and that GTA and game like it cause people to lose guilt or a feeling of 'omfg what have I done!' I think its plain ol' bullshit as you can never equate virtual reality with reality no matter what. Just a random thought.

/me rolls a blunt and thinks.

Simply answer NO.

I would do it even before playing this game ,if i have intentions of killing anyone i would just do it, i woudnt have to play a game and think oh thats cool let me go do it.i dont need a videogame to MAKE me go do something .I would do it if I wanted to.

Its human nature to always have somethign to blame when somethign goes wrong.Humans cant accept that soemtimes it is us ourselfs that make a mistake or choice they alwyas want to blame it on somethign/someone else .Accept it nobody wants to say it was my fault .

BTW gta series stories are "violent" nothing else i mean the graphics arent somethign you could say "look realistic" i mean i played games that are more realistic then this.Good examples are 3d war games.

See thats the thing, congressmen think ppl cant tell the difference between a video game and real life. Which would be calling most of the population stupid. Like xenex said, its a natural act to blame someone or something besides yoursself. I mean, who wants to get introuble when they can blame something or someone else and get away with it?

I blame the people at the bottom of the gene pool more than government officials

I blame both (as there's hardly any difference). People seem to forget that the videogame industry is bigger than Hollywood, with millions of people playing GTA every day, and only 3 or 4 psychos out of millions seems to be pretty good going to me.

The media just makes the problem worse with tabloid "news" (I use the word in the loosest possible sense) playing on people's most basic fears. Hey, if it sells papers, screw everyone else...

This doesn't start from the media Jon or any governors; as xenex very correctly pointed out, it starts with ppl not wanting to take responsibility for their actions and blaming others instead. Pleading to a court that you were pushed to go buy a gun and shoot up your school and everyone in it cause of the violence you were exposed to by playing videogames is not unheard of - in fact it has happened quite a few times.

Of course to me and you that's completely lame, but lawyers have taken that line of defense many times in the past and if a judge (or jury) can be convinced (or swayed) to rule it was the game's fault as much as the defendant's, it automatically gives grounds for a flood of lawsuits and blame shifting to occur. News crews only come after that with stories for their prime-time news about how "what our innocent children play all day in the house may unbeknownst to us turn them into vicious killers" or what have you. When it hits the fan and maybe after some months and a few good protest rallies, games companies like R* and T2 issue a formal statement and maybe even slightly alter the content of their games and still no1's satisfied. On top of all that, politicians will try to stick their butts in and chime along to win some impressions (if it's an election year), but that's only to be expected I think. The point is, everyone in that little circle of BS is in to gain and nobody gives a shit about if it's really true or not; it's just a sterotype ripe for exploit.

Don't get me wrong; of course PC games are trying to be more realistic in their depiction of action and violence as time goes by (rag doll physics, human expressions, blood splattering and decorations, realistic gun sounds and anims and anything else); there's no other way to go if you want to make a hit and some good bucks. Of course they play with current cultural trends like kids wanting to be thugs, or l33t snipers, or whatever. That still doesn't mean though that when anyone plays a game they switch off their critical ability or their preception of reality. Most people (assuming they're alright in their heads) know they're playing a game when they do and that they're not actually killing human beings. It's hilarious to try convinving ppl that that sniper who terrorized some US state a few months back for example couldn't tell he wasn't playing a game, or that 2 16yr old kids cappin 3 shoppers and the owner while holding up some local mart did so thinking they were in GTA world. I mean please.

Anyway IMO it's all just a case of blaming others, something ppl usually do very willingly when they can use it as a means to get out of a shitty situation quickly and painlessly. Guess they don't realize this way they're practically acknowledging their lack of self-restraint, capacity for logical judgment, or downright common sense.

"VC made me plate up my dozer and tear down 3 building blocks" my ass...

Firstly, I didn't say that it started from the media. I said that they made the problem worse (therefore there must have already been a problem for them to make worse).

Why do you think spam's getting worse? Because the media tells stories about spammers and phishers driving around in Porches.

Also (coming from a country where guns are banned), I fail to see why people should be allowed guns in the first place. What can they use them for other than killing? The argument seems to be self-protection, but is your police force that bad? And isn't taking the law into your own hands a crime? I don't have a gun and I've never felt threatened or vulnerable.

Anyway, back to games:

I've said this hundreds of times before, so I'm going to put it into a simple mathematical formula to save time:

Normal person + GTA = Normal person

Psycho + GTA = Super psycho

YES OF COURSE I WOULD :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Ahem... no not me

:shock:

I blame the people at the bottom of the gene pool more than government officials

funny, i blame every politician for at least 1 death, some more then that though, your obviously not very educated on whats going on in america today :roll: bside that, you blame the lower class induvidual, what gives you that right exactly?, about how high or low in the genepool do u rate yourself, i think your drowning :roll: , this was supposed to be a joke from you i guess, but i seen ur pic man, and u look about as rich whitebread as you can be, which reflects your views, it shows in your speech and sickens me, that is all, good day

Although I don't support Michael Moore (Is that the fat guy's name?)...

They play violent games and watch violent movies in other foreign countries and only have a few hundred gun kills a year.

In the United States we have 11,000 a year...

:roll:

It's NOT the violent games.

It's just we all grew up being afraid of each other. It's because we're a melting pot. We grew up with natives, then blacks, then women, and the whole while, other religions.

We're :o scared of each other!!!

:evil:

well , that chart is stupid and wrong, but finally....my (real) opinion, i would NEVER kill somone just because i played GTA or MTA for that matter, whatever you do outside this game, is not enforced by this game, but rather enforced by what you do out of the game, i.e., i live urban, my reflections are if somone messes with me, ima mess with em back, not reflected by GTA, but where i grew up, and how, it definatly has NOTHING to do with this game, i would also like to state, that just becaue all those people bring guns to school and shit, dont mean everyone does, those are a SMALL percentage of the american population, and has no effect on me :roll:

well , that chart is stupid and wrong

Well, whenever someone says that to me, I say prove it. And you'll find that you can't because if you produce another link, I could just say that one's "stupid and wrong".

In my opinion, there are worse games than GTA. I don't recall any missions where they say "run over pedestrians for points", whereas Carmageddon actually encourages you to do so.

Also, whilst quite gory, GTA is nothing compared to Soldier of Fortune.

Finally, GTA has an arcade feel to it which means that you never really get immersed in the world and feel that it's real, and so it's quite easy to tell the difference between real life and virtual life.

i wont waste my time looking for another link, but i will post this

most people think killing in video games is OK as long as it is part of a mission, i.e.

SOF2-kill soldiers, my own mother says thats more ok then killing people in VC, i think its more of the free-will that GTA brings to the table, i could kill a gangbanger, drive-by in a motor-cycle and kill some dude with a hat for no apperant reason...but wait...thats wrong...my mom told me im not allowed to play that game....guess ill go back to SOF which my mom bought me and blow off a few limbs :roll:

The way I see it, if you're not explicitly asked or encouraged to do something, the game can't be at fault if you decide to run over some pedestrians for fun in GTA or scalp a guy in SoF.

I agree with what you say about killing people for no reason, which can justify (to an extent) killing enemies.

most people think killing in video games is OK as long as it is part of a mission, i.e.

SOF2-kill soldiers, my own mother says thats more ok then killing people in VC, i think its more of the free-will that GTA brings to the table, i could kill a gangbanger, drive-by in a motor-cycle and kill some dude with a hat for no apperant reason...but wait...thats wrong...my mom told me im not allowed to play that game....guess ill go back to SOF which my mom bought me and blow off a few limbs :roll:

mad props to your mom for knowing the content of your games, sounds like she's one of the few doing her job as a parent..

/me still waits for a girl that likes MTA :-P

mad props to your mom for knowing the content of your games, sounds like she's one of the few doing her job as a parent..

/me still waits for a girl that likes MTA :-P

not acually, she still dosnt care what i play, if GTA wasnt on the news for the reasons listed, well then, she wouldnt know at all :roll:

i don't think it's easy to kill a grown up (wo)man.

must people never killed a big anymal, but if you only get one bullet, and shoot true the head, and it 's still alive and running, you'l have to do it whit a knive.

when you 'r killing whit a knive, you'll need time. (exept if you are a rent-killer or if you'r name = 007) and you need force to kill corectly.

but it had to be done, because you can't let it runn whit a bullet in the head.

While you'r bussy, your better don't think about what you'r doing, because the only thing you thinking about and wonne do is stop.

In a game i't s easy to kill someone, but i can't imaging that you can do that on someone and if you'r bussy, i think you 'll get sick while killing.

i just wonne say killing in real is totaly not like killing in a game and it has nothing to do whit each other.

people who kill are just crazy, or realy stupid. (or driven too fast)

Lara C. is a girl who likes MTA...

Or so we think.

I think there's someone named DvS, that's a girl... Is that ULK or VCES? I can't remember these things...

Anyway, I doubt anyone could really shoot someone after playing GTA/MTA, since most of us are kids or "young adults".

Although I admit I can see DeathB shooting a baby.

:lol:

Although I admit I can see DeathB shooting a baby.

hahahh :)

i wonder if i should read all of ur posts instead of last one and first one, tho i got something to say... i doubt anyone would shoot someone in reallife and he plays this game.. cuz if he plays this game all day he aint got a job or money to buy a gun :lol: