MTA 0.4 Progress Update.

Si|ent

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having gotten more and more burned out on Vice City, you'll see me in Liberty City for a good long while, getting my hinder kicked from the firestation to the docks. Maybe... Just maybe... I'll be able to reclaim some of that glory I had in Vice City's earlier days. :cry: * sniffles * Memmmmmories... in the corner of my mind.... misty water-colored memories..... of the way we were..... Scattered pictures... Of the smiles we left behind... ACK! Stop me!

Been waiting forever for this thing since .3b was such a glitchy program. * insert rude comment here for those who forced them to rush it out *

Hills... Beautiful Hills... How I miss thee!

BUT.. I know full well when they're going to release it. I'm leaving on a rather extended vacation next week, I just KNOW they'll be releasing it the day after I leave. Evil Bastards... They're monitoring my flight, I know they are! Wonder how much it would cost to buy a laptop with a modem and then use those little phones on the back of the seats in an airplane? :shock:

Somebody stop me! Oh wait.. Here's my boss... He'll stop me! Hi th...

* DISCONNECTED *

is that it? or will it be:

1st release: portland

2nd release : portland and stanton

3rd release: portland. stanton, and shoreside

?

it would be pretty nifty to see that "map" function in ase get more use

As you stated, i.e. the 2nd release will have 2 gta3 maps, and the 3rd all three. The purpose of this method is that we can release 0.4 so you can play it without spending as much time on it as we would have to for all three islands. It also gives us a bit more time to add new functions, e.g. the 2nd release will have some new functions, which will work on both maps...

eAi

if u read properly it says that they will bring a patch out for the other islands :P

dooh...mussssst get glasses :roll:

well, if you were smart enough you would have figured out by now that i was talking about the first release :wink:

As you stated, i.e. the 2nd release will have 2 gta3 maps, and the 3rd all three. The purpose of this method is that we can release 0.4 so you can play it without spending as much time on it as we would have to for all three islands. It also gives us a bit more time to add new functions, e.g. the 2nd release will have some new functions, which will work on both maps...

eAi

w00t!

i was thinking the other way, each release was a different island, but i was hoping for it to be this way! rock on mta, and no rush putting out the next release, I'm pwning pretty nicely in this version

vice city is a lot bigger than liberty city, but they seemed to pack a lot more into liberty, so theres just as much to see in both. now vice city seems smaller because you can run/drive way faster than you could in libery.

lmao i think we all do as GTA SA will be a hole state cool cant wait hope it cames with online play this time but with not i hope the MTA team will work on one

Jeff Castaneda, PR director for Rockstar Games: "If or when we do the whole online thing we want it to be something special. When we went from GTA2 to GTA III it was such a huge leap that we want to make the same sort of jump when it happens. We'll have to wait and see, I guess."

So I think it's pretty unlikely to ship with multiplayer, especially consideing the Sony contract etc.

There will, as always, be enhancements to the anti-cheat mechanism. However, the cheaters will work on counter-measures, so whether these new features reduce cheaters remains to be seen.

At any rate, the new spectator mode will give admins greater power when it comes to ascertaining whether someone is cheating.