an idea to stop cheaters

It would stop a large proportion of cheaters, but the more experienced ones would just spoof packets to get past it.

Quite so. Once you'd intercept the inbound search (an MTA function or something of that sort probably), you could easily feed it any false data you'd want, be it file hashes, locations, attributes or whatever. It may not be easy hacking, but it'd still be just a matter of hacking and in the end you'd simply have a redundant system consumin BW and delayin every1's admittance to the serv, including cheaters'.

As I've said a million times before, true cheat prevention lies in the human factor, i.e. proper admining and coop from the players.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it would...period

It would stop a large proportion of cheaters, but the more experienced ones would just spoof packets to get past it.

mta should invest into the ever popular world of encrypted packets :roll:

stops alot of ut2004 cheaters in thier tracks (when it comes to packet editing anyways :wink: )

If you can't lose your a loser... ironic

Blaze?

Did you get that name from American Gladiators or from some stipper? Kinda a faggy name right?

the cheater who wants ppl to flame him is a tired concept and it's lost its appeal since you can come back tommorrow and say nevermind I don't cheat tomorrow and everyone will look the other way like with MNK Sobeit.

keep being lame I can ban as fast as you can change your IP you lamer... But don't excpect to get any reaction... you just want attention.

u stupid idiot. who wants attention. i just want to kill and piss ppl off. :lol:

Yes and it probably consumes all the bandwidth of the connecting players so they all have a ping of 300 >

The idea in theory is quite good but I don't think it is posible at the moment. I hope in the future it will be.

No, it performs a check once on all the drives, authenticates with the server (in this case mtavc.com) and then remains hidden or closed in the task bar. It would also search for updates at the beginning of each load / ever 12 hrs i believe

If you can't lose your a loser... ironic

Blaze?

Did you get that name from American Gladiators or from some stipper? Kinda a faggy name right?

the cheater who wants ppl to flame him is a tired concept and it's lost its appeal since you can come back tommorrow and say nevermind I don't cheat tomorrow and everyone will look the other way like with MNK Sobeit.

keep being lame I can ban as fast as you can change your IP you lamer... But don't excpect to get any reaction... you just want attention.

u stupid idiot. who wants attention. i just want to kill and piss ppl off. :lol:

moron, idiot, child, n00bie, anymore i should add?....oh yes, Pwner of a shiny new Known Cheater rank?

i laugh becuase i enjoy what im doing. do i think i care if everyone hates me? look at this face>>>>>>>>>>. :shock: does it look like it cares? u stupid dum bas.t.ards!

when you see me...........RUN! ahahahahhahha

Man , will someone lock this bastard ...

ANd just a note :

One thing the MTA team should do is a official Cheater list . So say i download a mta client . before i connect it will check to see if my ip is on this list hosted on some website . if it is . Then the client auto-closes . If its not . ill be able to play . And then people could report cheater . with evidence . and people would update this list ...

I think you prevent big part of the cheating by send the client the MD5 of the MTAClient.exe to the Server.

The server will check if the client MD5 with his own MD5 and if it's not correct the Server while simply just disconnect with a message that he is running a wrong MTA client that can be possibly hacked or something like that.

Uno question, If I d/l some vehicle "skins" and replace the look of the vehicle than its not cheating right? I want to put some slick cars in there but I dont want to be a cheater.

It's best not to make exceptions and say that all mods are disallowed. I always think that you should make a rule and stick to it.