My pc reboot automatic when i start MTA

Guest lachspieren

Hello,

I have GTA Vice City en GTA 3. I have installed MTA for GTA 3 en i have installed The All Seeing Eye. everything works but there are a few servers with nobody :( . I think: Why GTA3, i have Vice City. I installed the GTA VC MTA. I open ASE, doubleclick on a server en i hit the "Start Game" button, BOOM. My pc restart automatic :shock:. I open MTA en hit the "Reset Game Patch" en hit for for the second time the "Start Game" button, but my pc restart :(. I dont know what i can do to play the MP mode :(. Nobody from my classmates can play the MP mode. What do i wrong.

Yours,

Jonathan

(Sorry for my English :oops:)

I use Windows XP Professional NL Version

Okay, that's one down.

Now you say your pc generally reboots when you try to start the game, which suggests a possible GFX card drivers problem. If the pc is yours, or you have admin rights over it, download and upgrade them to their latest version.

BTW does single player GTA:VC run ok for you?

VC SP work perfect. But i play VC in the language English. My videocart is ATI Radeon 9600, 256 MB DDR. I think its the newest version.

EDIT: I logged in with all the rules (administrator)

Now you say your pc generally reboots when you try to start the game, which suggests a possible GFX card drivers problem. If the pc is yours, or you have admin rights over it, download and upgrade them to their latest version.

I used to have something like that, and it was due to a memory problem. It turned out that I had put in a new expansion card and when I pressed it in, the RAM popped slightly out. However, I think your problem might have something to do with you using a non-English version of XP.

GTA 3's not very popular at the moment, but that's likely to change with the release of MTA 0.4.

Also, GTA 3 uses a much much older core than Vice City's, so this may have something to do with it.

Edit: I think I know what the problem is. Sometimes MTA causes an Exception Error, and by default XP is set to restart automatically on errors (for some unknown reason). To switch this off, go to Start > Control Panel > System and click on the Advanced tab. Now click on Settings under Startup and Recovery and deselect Automatic Restart under the System failure heading.

Jep, Vice City is much better. I download the newest driver for my videocart tommorow. When this doesnt work i installed windows 98 EN edition, maybe works is under 98 SE :wink:

Jep, Vice City is much better. I download the newest driver for my videocart tommorow. When this doesnt work i installed windows 98 EN edition, maybe works is under 98 SE :wink:

Nope, MTA is only intended to run under XP and 2000. Oh, btw, I think I found a solution to your problem. I don't know if you saw it or not, but it's attached to the end of my previous post.