Something much worse than cheaters

Since when does spam classify as something more annoying then cheating? Cheating tends to cause crashes and other miscellaneous nuisances, whereas a website address is just an address. When I first read the title of this post I assumed you were going to say that some renegade player had cracked your server or shut it down; now I somewhat wish they had. Do you want anti-spam implementations now as well? Sorry, but I frankly feel no sympathy; I mean sure spam is annoying, but does it really need to be documented in this manner?

Ciao,

Kryptos

Um, no, I don't want want anti-spam, in fact, I'm for it... when done reasonably, like come in once, say you got a site to check out, stay a few minutes for questions, then move on.

It's another thing when they come in, ad their site, sit there for a few minutes then start flooding chat until you kick them, then start coming in, spouting out their ad and running off, doing the same thing every once in awhile even though it's just the same two people on the one server.

I just posted this because there are a lot of people that hate spam, just as a warning.

IRC/Yahoo/MSN/AOL, all those chats used to be bot free, maybe you should check them out now.

Doom Doom!

There are much more efficient ways to spam a website than to join an mta server. Not to mention more effective in the numbers of people that will see it, (max 26 in mta at the moment). So i shouldnt worry too much about this.

A lot of servers run an autokick or autoban on a url being pasted anyway. In place after the lonely cheats tried advertising thier hack sites a few months back in the hope they would make some new cheating friends.

So i shouldnt worry too much about about drdres rather rediculous idea of mta servers becoming a haven for the spammers of the world.