MTA 0.4 (GTA3) Test (22/04/2004 @ 01:40 CET) by MrBump

Si|ent

MrBump wrote: You dont think 0.3 is nice?

Yes its nice...thank u Bump and mta team, thank u very much!!! :D

But...I think there were very little changes between mta0.2 and 0.3!

Yeah that cheater protection(minigun is gone, hope it will be back in 0.4 but not only for cheaters :twisted: ),few cars and new heli, animation, some chat features), u know with that stuff u cant keep many people, im playing for 5 months each day, and 1 of 25 stays to play mta for period longer than 1 week, others just get bored and angry cause its laging.

ps besides I apreciate what u doing and understand that u spending a lot of your free time on this project...but i strongly recommend to make mta team bigger...maybe than there will be more changes and no such long time period between releases....

Sincerely yours

Bob :wink:

2 words: new core

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok I understand new core then other features, perfectly fine it makes bug testing easier since if you have a stable core and you add feature x and you have new bugs it's more then likely feature x and easier to track down.

for mta vc the only things I want are, the improved aiming (please god please they think I own them now! :: drools ::), please switch out the slower unused vehicles such as the coach, packer & mule, with hopefully cuban hermes (love the flames), haitian voodoo (hydro's in multi what's not to love?), & a normal sabre, as for weapons please golf club (my absolute favorite melee weapon), katana. the minigun's not so important to me or the rocket launcher with the ammo glitches as they're.

ah and if anyone doesn't oppose I'd love to take part in the next step of testing if at all possible. = ) I can play well with others.

inclosing looking great, so much progress = ) oh can't wait for 0.5 to see the new interface being programmed as we type!

What to say, what to say. Well for starters, version 1.0 for mta wont be around for awhile now, main reason i say this is because they are working on 0.4, and it took them a whole year and a bit to get this far. So i cant imagine a 1.0 coming anytime soon.

As for the shooting, I dont believe I am in the position to comment on it since im not a member of the team. I only experienced the new beta test, and i was extremly impressed (more then usualy) with what the have done.

I wish i could comment on the new features of mta, but as I said im not a member of the team, so i wont comment. But I will say this, you'd better buy a box of depends when you first play it cause your going to shit your pants :D :D

Also on a side note, I recently started working on memory hacking, and started with gta3 since i have it installed, and love it. By doing this I have gained a greater respect for what the mta team has done, its fucking amazing, and I'm blowen away even more by this. For those who complain that they dont have faster releases, adn less bugs, if you knew how they make mta, you wouldnt complain at all. Its a very delicate/tricky way of making a mp game.

Marcel

under MTA team it list's

Name: Kye

My function:

I have been working on the NextGen MTA:VC client (0.5+) since December 2003, and have made various research contributions to previous versions. My main task includes providing a programmable interface to GTA.

About myself :

I have experience in x86/6510/Z80/MIPS assembly languages, ANSI C, and Visual Basic. I prefer to write code in plain C, although I've been known to write in C++ if it keeps people happy.

Therefor 0.5 = new interface or so their own website says.

Personlly i will never going back if we have 0.3 so i oplay it and i will never play older versions 8)

and i saw people on the all seeeing eye that are playing 0.1 !!!! :lol:

lol they are funny :lol:

and i saw people playing 0.2.2 and 0.2

come on guys it is too old come to 0.3 and soon 0.4

se when 0.4 id released i will stop playing 0.3 and will never get to it back!!!

Therefor 0.5 = new interface or so their own website says.

Incorrect. The new core will be somewhere in the 0.5+ range (meaning later than 0.4), but we cannot comment on which new version will include the new core. It could be 0.5 or greater (hence 0.5+).

Cray are you saying that another revision to the core more advanced then the 0.4 core will be included 0.5+?

I was simply pointing out the "interface" aspect of his job discription, taking that to mean the long talked about ingame interface is what Kye is working on.

ahem... to clarify to folks

Core is made 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, etc. but, just because it is a certain number, that does not mean it is used in that version of MTA. The core number has nothing to do with the version of MTA. Once the technology is complete, depending on the current state of MTA development, it may be implemented in the current or next production.

example: Lets say MTA.5 was halfway finished and then core.5 just got finished. Well core.4 technology would probably be used for building MTA.5 because they were halfway done building it with core.4 already. So MTA.6 would use the new core.5 technology as they can start with it instead of changing everything.

So basically MTA and core don't relate by versions and the usage of new cores depends on when they get completed.

Ransom is correct. The core version does not relate to the version of the mod we are releasing.

MTA:VC 0.3 is and MTA 0.4 will be based on the 0.3 Core, NOT the 0.4 Core. The 0.4 Core will be used somewhere in the 0.5+ range, but we cannot guarantee the version in which it will be debuted.

Heh... I only sent in two pics, one very similar to that one but showing something else neat.

The other... well just a neat looking landstalker from the coloring bug that was mentioned. Looked like it was meant to be there at first, looked really cool. Like it was only around the trims, windows, door handles, and underparts.

I was playing GTA 3 today pretty much all day (cable modem was in soft disconnect for non payment) and I noticed the mouse aiming is incredibly sluggish even on maxium sensitivty as compared to vice city, so my question is has the scm been tweaked for easier aiming ala vc's mouse aiming? or is it the same sluggish aiming as in GTA3 SP?

well if there were surprises and they were announced it would kinda defeat the prupose of the surprise wouldnt it.

MTA have always had a policy that they reveal very little about the features of a new version until it is released. That way they can be sure that the feature is in the release as it has been released and it gives them a load of stuff to announce is a "new feature" on release.

I really think some of you people have to be more patient and enjoy the screens from now till release :P

Oh and one pointer would be to look through some older news articles as there is some info on 0.4 (both GTA3 and VC) in them. Not any surprises as such but there is some info in some of the things you can expect.