Drop weapon key

Ransom

Not just complicated, but easily abusable as well (assuming the pickup from the weap you'd drop would give others as much ammo as you had and wouldn't be attainable by yourself):

4 mexicans of the same gang group together with 50 m60 rounds each, they all drop their m60's on the ground. Everyone picks up all the ammo that appeared and now they all have 150 rounds. If they do it again, they'll all have 450 rounds. For a group of M ppl starting out with 50 rounds each and doing this N times, you can easily deduce they'll get 50*(M-1)^N rounds of m60 (M>1, N>0).

Then they'll set out to kill everything with practically infinite ammo...

Not just complicated, but easily abusable as well (assuming the pickup from the weap you'd drop would give others as much ammo as you had and wouldn't be attainable by yourself):

4 mexicans of the same gang group together with 50 m60 rounds each, they all drop their m60's on the ground. Everyone picks up all the ammo that appeared and now they all have 150 rounds. If they do it again, they'll all have 450 rounds. For a group of M ppl starting out with 50 rounds each and doing this N times, you can easily deduce they'll get 50*(M-1)^N rounds of m60 (M>1, N>0).

Then they'll set out to kill everything with practically infinite ammo...

well . lets say you cant pick up ur own weapons . and once you get it . it will disapeaR and other people cant get it :D

well . lets say you cant pick up ur own weapons . and once you get it . it will disapeaR and other people cant get it :D

Damn dude, read carefully, will ya? Of course you wouldn't be able to pick up your own drops. It's OTHERS near you that would and it'd be all of them since there's no pickup exclusivity feature available in VC (when some1 dies for example, everyone can get the weaps).

Anyways, since this shouldn't be about helping a team mate that has less guns (that's their problem in the end; VC isn't about fuc,kin charity), but just ditching annoying ones that are in the way, I don't think a pickup should even be created; the gun should just disappear. Although I gotta say IMO ppl are seriously exaggerating about this as well as about that other weap selection by numbers mod.

well, i like to keep all the ammo given to me, but i can see why it causes problems when your trying to scroll through the weapons. if the mta team develops a way for only 1 person to pick up the weapon, and the ammo to stay accurate on the pickup, then it would be a great feature to add to teamplay.

otherwise, ransom's idea of just "destroying" the gun would be the best

• 3 weeks later...

well, the drop command can be controlled by mta.scm, like u may only pick up weapon drops if u dont have the weapon originally. also when u drop it, if somone where to drop it back to u, the dropped ammo amount would be as much as what u spawned with...a good 80 some bullets....complicated solutions is my middle name 8)

Well I just don't like certain weapons, like for instance, most of the uzis. I would rather drop them than have them in my way. Sometimes I get another weapon between the two I usually alternate between during a fight, which increases my chances of messing up switching.

Mayby just that you can have 5 weapons to use and 5 weapons in your pocket that you can switch any time you want

So you can have the perfect 5 weapons you want in your hands and the 5 you dont want you just kepe in your pocket ;)

Complicated but ok and the amount of in your pocket can be higher since i guess there are more weapons in mta