[REL]glauncher by Funstein - The Underslung Grenade Launcher

funstein

zR4c7Ol.png

Screenshots should be here soon, I just have yet to figure out how to take a screenshot of a grenade launcher at work. Help is appreciated!

glauncher is an underslung grenade launcher design for use on Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas servers. It was developed by Funstein.

Features

• Aim with the weapon specified in the script, and press E to fire a grenade. By default, grenades explode on contact and you need to reload between each round you fire.
  • Many options such as but not limited to: contact explosion, launch speed, grenade model, weapon lock, team lock; are available for you to modify in the script file. You can find detailed explanations in the script.

To-Do

• Rewrite class / team / ACL group protection
  • Add proper ammo limitation and calculation
  • Add ammo etc. display
  • Add exports for feature management to replace script configuration

Download link, GitHub repository and more information is available on

http://funste.in/?p=716

Where I change the reload time? I Not found.

Good question, it was not one of the config variables before, now it is - just redownload the resource and you'll see the reloadTime variable.

This intrigues me a lot. Which weapon did it replace?

I'd love to see remote detonation, too. Good luck.

It does not replace any weapons, you simply add the weapons you'd like to use it with into the weapon list table. It does not remove the normal functionality of the weapon but it adds an underslung grenade launcher to it. (No model as of yet, just function)

Remote detonation with grenades is probably a bit weird, but I'll look into it anyways.

CPU - intensive function is : multiplication/division. The CPU can handle easyer 10 summation/subtraction that one multiplication/division.

So it's good if you can make less multiplication/division in X amount of time. But be realistic , here we are speaking about very littel difference on a modern I3 CPU or better. So makeing less calculation on every X frame will not magically give you so much + FPS. Ofc that on low end old CPU-s which can run MTA on 20 FPS will feel the resource CPU use, but ehh.. what you expect from a 4+ year old (singel/dual) core CPU (We can mention that GTA:SA is running on a prity bad optimized engine).

Make it a little less what?

I could make it run the Δv calculations once every x frames instead of every frame but seriously, is this really that resource-intensive?

With a userbase that is 50% Intel HD Integrated, yeah it probably is.

I own a lenovo Laptop with an Intel HD 4000 / Nvidia GT. Well i run all my games on the Nvidia GPU. But just for curiosity i tried to run MTA (1366x768 , full graphics) on the HD4000 , and i can tell that it's running fairly well with 55-60 FPS on race map's with a nice decoration and a lot of "onClientRender" functions.

These are newer Intel integrated graphics, which can be quite surprising (I know a friend who owns a laptop with one of these, and it runs GRID 2 on medium, native resolution and above 40fps...) but most people,especially in MTA, have the older, extremely crappy, intel integrated GPUs.