Read Me

hello, im new at this forum.

im looking forward to the new version of mta, but it doesnt matter how long we must wait for it.

dont get pissed off of the guys, who are asking for the release and cant stop talking shit about the delay or anyting - they dont understand, u are doing it without getting payed for it. and u have other things to do in your real life, i guess.

tintin, we are working on it, and you can say you are everything, and know everything, but i think you are the kid of 12 years old, that doesn't even know BASIC.

If you want to intimidate us, go to our channel on irc, then everybody there will tell you how they feel.

For now, YOU get a life because if you are so good at programming ,

MAKE IT YOURSELF

we are privileged to be members here? if not the community this little mod would be dead. talking to your community like that closing the forums down won't hurt anyone but yourself and your mod, and someone here said it only shows the lack of professionalism yes u deserve credit for making this mod programing and all but treating the community with this kind of dictatorship telling people to go make their own mod if they don't like it will minimize the number of players to 10...

• MTA Team
We have locked down the forum. We are sick and tired of people asking for release dates, and things that will (not) be included. We have always shared everything and u can find everything on the news page or on the forum! Read it and have fun. :!:

Heh,

You only show YOUR lack of maturity and professionalism by closing the forums. Imagine if a company was tired of the same question on their customer support lines so they jsut shut down customer support. I guess this is what happens when teenagers who can only program in VB try and take on a project. Any real programmers have at least a clue when a BETA release of their product would come out. Maybe a gold release that is expected to be pretty bug free might have to wait, but not a beta.

I find it very funny when we get these young interns in our company and we have to fire them even though they are not paid because they are so clueless. VB is a RAD tool. If you cant even have a clue as to the release date of a RAD tool generated BETA, I feel very sorry for you in the real world. Please dont bother to come to my company as we will just have to fire you.

u call us imature? u are spamming our forum with useless posts, not only this one, but i've also read the gta3t forum. There is a difference betyween a forum and a custumor support. Custumer support is via phone or e-mail, u can't search the answers there. But if u look at the top of the pâge, there's a search function there, learn to use it!

No one has a clue when a beta is coming out, no one cause it is in development. And when u develop, problems occur. Valva has been working on HL2 for 5 years now and only now they give a release date cause they are near the gold status.

i think u are the child here tintin (the name alone) U got a company? no way.

As said be4, the forum is a privilige, we can do with iut wat we want, we don't need to open it. We could have developed the mod in secret, uy wouldn't have known about it.

Giving a reaction such as that shows how childish u are. U know what? i challange you. Build ur own piece of software (ith a team if u wantà and release ur alpha and beta versions. Set up a site and a forum and have a look how long it is gonna take be4 people are pissing u off. Beleive me, they will

• MTA Team
we are privileged to be members here? if not the community this little mod would be dead. talking to your community like that closing the forums down won't hurt anyone but yourself and your mod, and someone here said it only shows the lack of professionalism yes u deserve credit for making this mod programing and all but treating the community with this kind of dictatorship telling people to go make their own mod if they don't like it will minimize the number of players to 10...

We will not be hurt by this lock down. Beleive me. If we didn't release 0.1 and 0.2 u wouldn't be here and we still would have been working on 0.3. The community is good for support but also slows down. We have to put a lot of time in the community.

We say : go try it urself because no one realizes how difficult it is. Every1 expects us that we respond to there wishes. We hava said that we will not give a release date, yet every day someone is asking for it. People don't use the forum to search information, they only ask questions that have been asked before. that pisses us of.

ummm... MTA guyz... don't let Tin Tin and the other Lamerz get to you... eventough you closed the forums(which i think was the right choice, btw) they're doing their crap on this thread again... you shouldn't have let anyone reply to this thread, it clearly states in the first post your reason and we would have understood and respected your decision...

ey Tin Tin as far as i know these guyz aren't getting one dime out of this so they don't count as a company(i think) and they are not obliged to give customer support cuz itz "FREEWARE"...

Heh,

You only show YOUR lack of maturity and professionalism by closing the forums. Imagine if a company was tired of the same question on their customer support lines so they jsut shut down customer support. I guess this is what happens when teenagers who can only program in VB try and take on a project. Any real programmers have at least a clue when a BETA release of their product would come out. Maybe a gold release that is expected to be pretty bug free might have to wait, but not a beta.

I find it very funny when we get these young interns in our company and we have to fire them even though they are not paid because they are so clueless. VB is a RAD tool. If you cant even have a clue as to the release date of a RAD tool generated BETA, I feel very sorry for you in the real world. Please dont bother to come to my company as we will just have to fire you.

Someone ban his aasss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gay flamin fagget.

Tintin, you are one the biggest fucking noobs ive ever seen. Your the noob who cant even program in vb, so ur bitching bout someone else who can, get a fucking life, loser. Its their forums, and if people would keep fucking asking when it was released, they would spend most their time saying "where not fucking telling" instead of finishing the mod. Go back to school and learn a bit more into groups and companys and leadership. YOU are the unprofessional one, coming on here making a complete ass of yourself.

Grow up kid, i take it ur bout 14, trying to act 19 "oooojh im older than u, u program in vb, ur so unprofessional". Read that and ull realize how gay u sound...

Very interesting to read all this. Especially how the admin, who says he is Admin on several boards loses his patience, locks down a whole forum and starts harrassment on members who simply brought up constructive critiscism.

You know, I'm not a programming ace but I do wonder what the problem with MTA is. Why the goal if releasing a super perfect bug free beta (!)? And why adding new features all the time? That way you never get done. The best mod is the one that ever gets released. Why not releasing a stable version instead of adding and adding stuff and never get finished. In the end you find a big bug left and we gotta wait even longer anyway. Why not simply solve two problems by releasing different alpha or beta versions before 0.3?

That way WE get to play the stuff and stop asking and at the same time YOU get bug feedback more than you can get by testing internally.

Anyways, you call tintin childish?

Well, I think it's childish if everybody starts such harassment and vulgar language (look some posts above) - you lock down a forum but you leave those people alive in a forum who obviously call the criticers bad words in order to kiss the developers' ass (such as [xNet]DrDre and others) in the naive hope to gain an advantage.

Personally, I just think you either only own this forum or you simply admin other dummy/empty/blank forums. No problem, I can admin as many forums as I want, there are enough free forums to register out there. In any way, you obviously do not understand what the Admin's tasks are and what responsibility he got.

Speaking of that, you think a forum is a privilege? Then a free guestbook is something special on a homepage I'd say. lol

A forum is something people expect today, it is as normal as a hit counter, so don't make it more important that it actually is.

You know, locking down this forum, keeping ass kissing users alive who are using vulgar language, while starting harassment or verbal attacks yourself at people who remained sobber when writing critics on this simply shows me who hasn't grown up here yet.

• MTA Team

I made a mistake locking the forums, but i'm not coming back from it. If people come to a forum they need to know what it is for.

No we do not want to release a perfect beta, that doesn't excist, but we do wonna release one witch doesn't crashevery 5 minutes and which has some gameplay in it so you can play

We are adding new features in 0.3 because we can. we need to wait for the main.scm without it it is useless. In the mean time, we can work on other things

Tell me would you like to play a game where all u can do is run around, where the only thing around u are some static actors? u would give up after 1 minute

The admin is responsible for the forum. So i wonna give the users a forum that is still fun to read in. U know how many posts i deleted today whiot double questions????? If people expect a forum they better know how to use it.

u call that ass kissing? its called respect.. blokker has done something i woulda never been able to do in my life(well sometime in my life most likely). But ass kissng would be, "Oh blokker ur the smartest person alive, make me admin :D". and doesnt everyone get pissed off at ignorance? anger = swearing, and people critizing stuff is ignorance, blokker was nice enough to make this mod, then people want to criticize him? if you dont like it. DO NOT POST. Its simple and mature, instead of saying, "You are unprofessional cuz u use vb and this mod sucks".. think about it.

Blokker get more strict, reopen the forums, but BAN everyone who talks shit, and im not meaning forums, i mean site

every forum post shows ip, so put this in an htaccess in the forums and main folder

Deny From 0.0

of course fill in ip, this should keep them out.. well most of em. You dont need criticism. You need support.

I made a mistake locking the forums, but i'm not coming back from it. If people come to a forum they need to know what it is for.

You admit you made a mistake, but then you say your not going to back down even if you are WRONG????? Then you harrass your whole fanbase????

Maybe tintin was a jerk, but you are acting no better. How can you even beging to think you are holding the high road and post a comment like that? How can you think you are being mature and then harrass your community like you have????

Thank GOD there are 2 other mods out there. One already is way past yours and the other is very promising. And guess what?? No locked forums!! They support their community base and are very nice to them. Go ahead keep the forums locked a lose all your fanbase.

BIG SUGGESTION. Next time you admit you were wrong APPOLOGIZE! Don't say you were wrong but you are NOT backing down. It just makes you look even worse.

notice all the people criticizing have 1 post count.... its like their either the same person or their telling each other to come post and the new people dont even know wtf mta is..... its pretty sad

Your comment makes no sense.

#1 its clearly not factual .

#2 I personally just read the forums and was taking a wait and see approach not begging for a release or harrassing. I only posted in comment to Blokkers admittion of wrongdoing but that he basically didnt care he was wrong.

#3 Have you ever heard of an ad hominum? Try taking a debate class and you will find out that it a losing tactic of attacking the messenger and not the argument. It is what you have just done.

I merely commented on his ADMITTION he was wrong in locking the forums and that he still despite being wrong to do so was not going to back down. If you can show how this comment by him is rational please explain it instead of attacking the messenger. Its something you learn in your first college logic course.

• MTA Team

i do care, i was wrong, but i'm not the only one. The forum will be back up tonight and this was a chance for all of us to learn from our mistakes.And i hope when we start again in 2 and a half our, we can make a good new start

Your latest post sounds a lot better, Blokker. Everybody makes mistakes but as it was said before by noid, it's good to apologize, I personally, do not care, though.

Maybe you deleted a lot of postings, but why is DrDre's posting still alive for example? I guess it heavily violates the forum rules (just count all vulgar words, not to mention the rest of the text...).

And yes, I call it kiss assing if you, DreDre harass other people like a 9 year old boy without any reason, what other motivation should you have? Bored? What a pity then. And funny to read that you order the admin to ban everyone "that talks shit". I guess then he has to start banning your account first since you're intentionally violating the forum rules just like those release date asking people...

Anyways, no I do not prefer a 5 min working beta, nobody would of course. But since the crash occurs so quickly it will be much easier for you to reproduce the problem and find the bug sooner or later. Once you got a version that is working longer than 20 min or so you should do it like the emule developers:

release an alpha marked version for testing and recommend to wait until you release a more stable version of that alpha test file. There will be many people out here who would be glad to help speeding up progress on bugfixing.

Once that is done, you should start adding new stuff but for now a more or less stable basic mod would do.

hmm - for once, i agree with silencer on this one.

As for ass-kissing, its expected, im sure blok noticed it, just forget about that, if ass-kissing is the biggest problem in a forum, its a damn fine forum imo.

I do think an alpha may need releasing some time in the future, but if the game is still unstable, then take your time as ive said. People here are more than happy to play buggy games, just look at 0.1a ffs. It worked, and people still loved it.

We have locked down the forum. We are sick and tired of people asking for release dates, and things that will (not) be included. We have always shared everything and u can find everything on the news page or on the forum! Read it and have fun. :!:

Heh,

For a start if these arnt real programmers then how come they have made something like this?

Secondly no one gives a crap about your company!

Thirdly as someones said this isnt a customer support helpline its a public forum. Its here for people to view. Have the same question repeated is known as spam.

Fourthly: They dont have a clue as to the bete release because they want to make it as good as they can so they can please the public more.

Another reason for this is because they have this thing called "Real Life" This is a home based project for them. Not a Company Made problem. So take your company, fire a few people and shove it up your ass!