MTA:VC weapon selection unbalances the gameplay

Does the MTA:VC character weapon selection unbalance the gameplay?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Does the MTA:VC character weapon selection unbalance the gameplay?

• Yes, it does!
    • No, it doesn't!
    • Take out the strongest weapon(s) from startup selection, hide them somewhere in town and don't make any other changes to the game!
    • Solve the problem by including a weapon selection (see 3rd posting for details before voting)!

Balance is not just your starting weapons though ransom. Is is your spawn location, the vehicles at spawn and nearby. The weapon pickups nearby. The special abilities you have etc. How close other careers spawn are to you. Don't simplify it to 'my gun is better than yours'

Quoth the poll:

Does the MTA:VC character weapon selection unbalance the gameplay?

Yea, but you see hes talkin about spawn characters and their weapons

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which doesnt force you to just discuss that. This board thread should be a discussion about the general balancing of MTA, no matter in what way.

No, a board thread discussing the general balancing of MTA would be entitled "Thread to discuss the general balancing of MTA". Note that the title does not restrict it to certain categories such as the default weapons' contribution to this.

Been reading this awhile, looks to be it's all opinion.

In mine, starting equipment's not really a top priority unless I'm just gonna go randomly killing/dying, but in time of strategy, All you need to do is spawn in the right place for the right vehicle so you can get to the right weapon, I.E. Robber spawn, Downtown Cop spawn or Sailor spawn for quick access to copters, thus easy access to stubbies and the SPAS.

... haven't posted in a long time, I felt lonely. :(

besides. hes not simply asking are the starting weapons balanced. hes asking if they unbalance gameplay as a whole. 'MTA:VC weapon selection unbalances the gameplay'

Seems a lot of people equate 'balance' with 'equality'. Two different issues however. Personally I think the overall balance is pretty much spot on. This is proven to me every time i see every single career being used on servers all the time :)

Wow, see the good side of losing: you dont get accused. I was able (for the first time) to kill a mexican and a robber with the cop shotgun. One of them called me a cheater! He said he shot at me so many times and I guess he couldnt believe that you can sometimes die in a multiplayer game (what's up with some people who cant ever accept to ever loose once?). The funny thing was that I hit VERY often this time and they hit me once or not at all. Seems the aiming and sync issue decides a lot about whether you're the winner or looser.

edit: today I experienced the skin bug again (you choose for example the cop skin but you got the mexican skin on the other computers), I thought that was fixed already?