GTA : San Andreas Topic

DrEaM4D

Hi @ all.

Just wanted to start a topic about San Andreas.

I'm searching the whole web for some information about this rockstar_will_not_tell_anything_about_this_fantastic_game.

Here are some facts (the real one)

- San Andreas will use a grand new 3D Engine.

- San Andreas will be releashed this year in october.

- 50 Cent has reported in a interview that he was asked to create a soundtrack for San Andreas.

Official Screenies:

.: none yet -> they are all fake :.

Rumors: (not 100% real)

- You'll be able to swim underwater with Mini-Subs, Jet-Ski's ETC

- Trowing stars (a weapon you stupid)

This topic will be updated when i found some more information.

Also release dates are Scheduled to change. From what iv'e heard from a reliable source, Rockstar North employees gets £20,000 each if they finish it on time, so that motivates them. Rockstar have a good track record when it comes to releasing games, but I doubt it will be released by October, its a "Round about" date, so it could get released in November or September, but the longer the better, that means they got more time to get rid of them filthy bugs that plagued VC. :)

Here are some facts (the real one)

- San Andreas will use a grand new 3D Engine.

- San Andreas will be releashed this year in october.

- 50 Cent has reported in a interview that he was asked to create a soundtrack for San Andreas.

Since none of the things you have listed under facts are actually concrete facts, they should probably all go under the rumours section (the fact that 50 Cent was asked doesn't mean he actually did it).

Anyway, I've learned that companies are unwilling to release details too long before the game's release, to control hype and also to prevent competitors from copying them.

The main problem with HL2 is that they've prolonged the release for so long. Valve keep showing off the "revolutionary" features of the Source engine, but all of those realistic physics and stuff were impressive 6 months ago, not now with the release of next gen games like Far Cry coming before Half-Life 2. And if Doom 3 and Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines (using the Source engine) come out before it, well, what's it got to show us? The fact that so many games have tried to copy the Half-Life formula means that the basic formula impresses no-one anymore.

Anyway, back on topic...

The fact that the GTA games are based on real life means that there is endless scope for improvement. I'm sure all of you can think of at least 50 things you'd like to see incorporated. I was a little disappointed by VC because it wasn't much of a step upwards (if you think of the massive differences between GTA 1, GTA 2 and GTA 3), and I hope that Rockstar can fully realise its potential.

You missed GTA london. Anyway, i don't want the latest mta turning into a MMPORG, unless it was worth it.

I don't like to ever mention GTA London :x

Anyway, Massively Multiplayer games are ok (MTA could well be in the future), it's the "pay £40 for the game and then £9.99 a month thereafter to hunt rats" RPG part that I don't like.

Rockstar wouldn't do it because they don't have a crappy download network that everyone's forced to use (fortunately). However, I have heard that Atari are looking into creating something similar to Steam, so perhaps Take 2 will follow suit.

There's no point in option 1 - that's so that people can say "Oh look! Option 2's better value", and therefore they'll pay more in order to get Option 2 (which'll probably be more expensive than equivalent games).

I agree with Option 3 as a waste of money, btw.

The people I feel sorry for are those who pre-ordered HL2. How do they know which version they're getting?

My advice: NEVER pre-order games, especially those hyped into oblivion by marketing gurus.

Rumors: (not 100% real)

- You'll be able to swim underwater with Mini-Subs, Jet-Ski's ETC

- Trowing stars (a weapon you stupid)

Where did you hear this little minisubs crap? Sounds like a load of BS to me.

Trowing stars? :shock: jeez I guess I am pretty stupid because I don't know what a trowing star is.

My question: Whats the time period?