Could Really Use An Admin

Official servers. We've been getting plagued by overly-enthusiatic cheaters for the past few weeks. By "overly-enthusiastic" I mean allout speed hacks, health hacks, invulnerable cars, unlimited ammo, ALL in ONE PERSON.

And everytime they come at least 1, usually clan members two or more, and we always go and beg on the IRC server for an admin; and there's never an admin.

People said "Report cheaters through the appropriate methods." Well, no one is on IRC, then what? We post a message here? And wait 3 days for them to get banned, AFTER they've left?

And the bad part is that admins can't begin to understand what it's lile; everytime you play and there's a cheater, BAM, he gets banned instantly because you're there.

This goes on for hours at a time and there's no admins around. I realize there are plenty of admins, but having a million admins that never log on wouldn't serve any purpose then.

I'm not trying to harp on anybody here (Well, I am harping on cheaters of course), but it gets annoying when the cheaters, over time, get so accustomed to their cheating that they OPENLY ADMIT it. They rub it in our faces ("oooh ban me ban me") and everytime they come back, they use more and more cheats, and more obviously.

The servers (or atleast the 10-player) have been overrun with lawlessness, cheaters running around everywhere (not the least bit exaggeration.)

This is more of a plea than a critique; and on behalf of everyone on the server, I can sum it all up with one word: Help! or Please!

I'm probably going to get flamed with procedures and "levels of hieracy" and certain steps to follow, but frankly, I and no one else care about steps and procedures; we want the cheaters kicked.

Please, please, please...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :!:

wOrd..

I never play on the oficial server, atleast now I don't any more, I used to log in to them every now and then in weekends, but the last few times I got there I got like flooded with cheats...

So I say listen to utopia... and to me, and to many to follow I hope, and do summit bouth it couse this is a discrace to the line "oficial" in the server name..

I'm going to bed, but first, I'll just point out that there was a gigantic cheat/hack trading ring in the 10-player for about two hours... Anyone with the tag [KKK] is cheating (invulerable, speed hacks) and some of the [KKK] joined tonight JUST to get the hacks (They gave their emails, said thanks, and then they used the same hacks as above).

I think the problem is that the majority of the admins (if not all) are in the USA, and so I've found that they only seem to login at about 10.00 PM GMT, so I can play for an hour or two with an admin, but there's never one for the rest of the day.

I really think you should have admins in different timezones to ensure that there is always one there.

Majority of the cheaters out there are just stupid kids. They know nothing about hacking; they just use trainers that have been provided to them. This is obviously due to the lack of adequate anti-cheat protection. There are so many people who have bypassed the MTA Team's precious CRC Checks.

I suggest that the task of anti-cheat protection be left separate from MTA. If MTA Anti-Cheat was left as a separate project of its own, with a separate team that is working on it, it would be updated more frequently because the task of cheat prevention would be their only goal. Because it would be updated quickly, new cheats would not be able to last very long. I believe eAi started such a project, but he does not appear to be too motivated in finishing it.

Even though you all seem to be patting yourselves on the back for your solution which will be in MTA 0.4, you must assume it will be cracked in days. Should someone crack your anti-cheat protection, and there is always the likely possibility that this will happen, the chaos will continue.

Cheaters are literally taking control of the servers. The banning system is not good enough to ban them permanently. Wake up and smell the roses. It is either cheaters win, which simply means that the problem gets so big that the MTA project falls apart, or you take away their cheats. For good.

So rather than trying to assure me that the cheating will end at 0.4, you should overkill, do much more, even if it is later found to be unnecessary, to eliminate this problem.

Cheating isn't as widespread as you say. It may seem real bad at times but Utopia is correct to think that more active admins can keep the servers clean. Who should be on this other team?

Yesterday was a prettybad day for cheaters in the Partyserver but most times that server is cheat free because of sometimes overzealous but active admins

Noone played in the Partyserver before we made it popular. You can give ppl the kfcpwnu pass for the private there are options. We can start filling up the Miniserver

ppl who don't like cheat haven servers will gravitate to cheat free servers including the ppl you play with now

I play almost soley in the official 24 (well 18 now) everyday now. Ever since the new official server came about I think its the best one because most pings are under 100 so I love it. So, at least I am around for awhile. I have had quite a few bans too. When not playing I scan #report now and then for people openly admitting.

As for the 10 player, well I never play there so I wouldn't know. I always like playing in the larger server. So I don't know what to tell ya. I don't have admin there.

Yesterday was a prettybad day for cheaters in the Partyserver

Kewl! The Partyserver is my favorite! :)

I'm glad to hear that as well. When you have guys modding and spawning cars and calling themselves a "car dealer" and rubbing it in everyone's face, that's when it's gone too far. I can stay away from the health hacks (they're a pain), give up on the speed hacks (I'm too slow), and run from the ammo hacks (forget staying around and getting shot), but lagging everyone and messing around isn't cool.

Neither have I. I just people are confused with synching. I think they just see cars that aren't synched, they are at different places for each person's screen, therefore when one gets in a car, BOOM it appears for the other person.

Then... OMG CAR SPAWNING!

• 2 weeks later...

I watch over the 18 Player official server. I do what I can to stop and prevent cheaters whenever I see them, but I too must sleep, work, eat.. Live..

On the subject of cheats, please check out my poll and tell me what you think.. Vote, perhaps it will be heard