Q about GTAWO

if you see the looked forums from GTAWO and read some...

Did MTA have any connections with GTAWO? Why dont they have anymore?

Why does gtaT and gtaWO now work to together?

I like the idea of using the gtavc engine for gta3, except using helis and other transport vehicles from vc in gta3.

It will make gta3 run much faster. And then you dont have the problem with MTA.4 for gta3 traveling to the other island...

Does the MTA-team have any plans of using the gtavc engine for gta3?

I'm curious...! :D

a long time ago there were talks between the people from GTAWO and MTA, but we decided not to continue w/ that venture,

we do not plan on using vice city's engine to render gta3 content, that is a project in itself.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for me being such an idiot the last time MTA , but this is a fresh new start for me :D

GTA WO IS DEAD!

Redspike is a liar

He couldnt code

He didnt care about the projects

There is another team called GTA LC doing the same thing

And there is another project called GTA CC doing the same thing

use google to find out more!

Xanni

There are a large number of people in the GTA modding world who think that they can do a lot more than they actually can, I'm not saying this about anyone particular, but generally when I hear someone claim to have done somthing (or be doing somthing), I'm dubious till i see proof (and I don't mean screenshots).

eAi

There are a large number of people in the GTA modding world who think that they can do a lot more than they actually can, I'm not saying this about anyone particular, but generally when I hear someone claim to have done somthing (or be doing somthing), I'm dubious till i see proof (and I don't mean screenshots).

eAi

idd so give use MTA0.4 !!! :D

eAi

what kind of proof do you mean?

No, GTA:WO is dead. There was never a real team at all. Some facts about it.

1. Redspike had a team of about 3 people. The rest of the people never showed up or were never taken off the list.

2. All the progress you heard Redspike say was fake. No one knew what to do because he didn't tell us.

3. About his 0.2 main.scm. There was almost nothing in there. He basically converted the weapon pickups/health/etc from GTA3 to VC for GTA:WO.

4. Redspike can do main.scm, but he does not know enough to finish the project by himself.

5. About all the things he said he was gonna do, liek the both cities, he never really got around to it. He depended on DracoBlue to make the thing into the client and Redspike took credit for it.

Main point, GTAWO is DEAD FOREVER.

Check out GTA:LC at GTA Forums. They are using the lc map files and porting gta3 to vice city. Much better and they are trying to do something possible that is in their power, unlike what Redspike was trying for GTA:WO.

I believe you're all missing the point. The fact is, who cares. GTA:WO was disfunctional, annoying, and in all realism an endless project that has no centralized goal. It started as a conversion with a name that imposed it was a multiplayer game, even though it was never released as one. GTA:WO may still be alive, but the point is that no one will ever use it. The only piece that was ever released was the base Liberty City conversion that was completed about a year ago largely by Skidz with some help from Run Down That Guy. That means that in nearly a year of development the GTA:WO developers have yet to do anything. That's exactly why I left the team last Fall when it was incredibly apparent that nothing was ever going to be completed at their pace. The only real premise to the project was for Redspike to benefit from having his name as the Leader of GTA:WO, which is a crock if you ask me, although others joined him for this exact cause. To end this, if you like GTA:WO then please, feel free to follow them in their lost cause, otherwise drop this bullshit.

Ciao,

Kryptos