[VG-ROLEPLAY LEAKED SCRIPTS] Shut down the servers!

MM3

Shutting down copywriting infringements by roleplay servers?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Shutting down copywriting infringements by roleplay servers?

• Yes
    • No

Since vG-Roleplay scriptings got leaked, MTA roleplay lost one of the best gamemodes ever... Roleplay. Everyone got acess to this unique scripts and began to throw out roleplay servers, making the original server dying, after years of existence. I thing this is a huge LACK OF RESPECT from everyone who doesn't seem to understand the word "copy-righting". If we'd type "Roleplay" one year ago. We'd be able to see Valhalla Gaming Roleplay and some other RPG servers, legit servers. Right now we get twenty different communities.. I wouldn't even say communties since a community is made with supportful players and memberbase and also.. communities should last for at least some years. Not like we see today, 1 month of existence then they got bored of it and then close it.

So to emerge Roleplay again, I request all the support from our community, Multi Theft Auto to speak higher and get all the servers who're using Valhalla Gaming scripts to be shutdown and the ones who would come up.

Why's everyone soo f*cking power-hungry that can't think in emerging all thoose communities together? I know that wouldn't work, that's why shutting all thoose down would solve the problem and bring the old master roleplay community back. If you don't understand why am I caring soo much about this, then don't try.. but think in this phrase...

"Today me, tomorrow you"

Also before anyone decides to copy-paste the link to this thread (https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewforum.php?f=114) I'd like to refer you to this post:

The rule is fine, but the fact is, no one can protect their scripts. MTA has clearly not looked at this common issue very well.

Most of the scripts that have been stolen are stolen with attacks and hacking through illegal measures. It's not something anyone can just "protect" as you say. Even if they all were compiled, they'd still be able to get a copy of the files from the source with hacking. And yes, people do hack through layers of firewall in order to get codes. Your compiling measures and encryption is only useful for client-side files.

Valhalla Gaming code was stolen, or actually leaked, by a former MTA developer. So why should we trust MTA on all these things. Nobody wanted the code to be stolen, but it still was even though the owners tried to go against it.

It might be late now, yes, but you could just think about the whole idea instead of just telling us to keep them safe. Even your networking module can be found from some developer's computer for sure.

Had to come straight with this because I'm annoyed.

Valhalla Gaming code was stolen, or actually leaked, by a former MTA developer. So why should we trust MTA on all these things. Nobody wanted the code to be stolen, but it still was even though the owners tried to go against it.

That's a very heavy accusation, I was wondering if you could back it up by proof.

Mabako leaked the code - you can even go and ask himself about it. He also admitted it in one the files that he published with the gamemode.

I have to promote this thread because to be honest, none of you would like your scripts either hacked or leaked.

Agreed, I truly support this, not only leaked vG gamemodes but also uG. I'm not a gypsy but I predict that a wild Castilo will pop up posting a link about stolen resources accusations. It's not about the stolen resources, its about the people abusing these to get their own wallets filled, something needs to be done before the last batch of MTA roleplayers go to SAMP. And that would be dissapointing as MTA clearly has more features for roleplay servers than SAMP.And don't give me that "it's impossible to create your own RP gamemode" because that's utter bs.

Like I stated above, everyone is too power-hungry to do so. I think people don't know what's getting years of hard working simply copied by everyone who amuses to have a nice "arrpiing" server. If you want to have your own roleplay server, script it.

It would indeed be a great thing if all of these small roleplay communities merge together to form one.

But the fact is, this is simply not going to happen, for various reasons:

First off, they all love to have control over everything that happens in a server, better still they love having the 'power' to give themselves money and items ingame.

Secondly, over time all of these roleplay communities have started a big rivalry against eachother, resulting in massive DDoS attacks towards rival roleplay communities, but also other servers ( such as CIT, SAES, SAUR ) to try to get some extra players to join their small server. ( please don't ask me why they think that will have any effect whatsoever, but this seems to be their reasoning)

And finally, these people really do not care about what happens, I've cried wolf about this very issue long before, it does not have any effect.

They are still going to make small roleplay servers with the same scripts, with the same useless factions that have no leaders, etcetera...

The simple fact is, these roleplay servers are nothing more than a pissing contest to show eachother how 'good' their scripter might be, or how amazingly large their friendgroup / staff team is.

The best thing really is to simply ignore them, maybe remove all the topics about these roleplay servers and try to forget about them all together.

As stated in this topic before, these servers usually die out after a month, so simply not giving them attention will surely help decrease the amount.

Own your s.hit your files are public rebuild or die.

Protecting your files is not hard not giving out svn is not hard.

But your "Copy Right" ends where greed or curiosity starts.

Protect your s.hit and don't bitch about it.

You obviously have no idea of what you're talking about.

Also, adding to my post that even if your firewall had multiple layers of anti-intrusion features with any RSA-key mechanism, it can still be hacked into. And if not hacked, it can be broken into physically by connecting your USB cable onto the box. And there are many ways to do that with money or knowledge, but I guess that's a bit far fetched. Regardless you can't protect your code. Even if you made dozens of agreements and such, people can disappear underground and sell it off many ways else in untraceable means and ways - which means it cannot be brought directly to court either - which means you won't be paid. And banks don't have the ability to insure code. So all it results into is literally nothing and MTA won't do anything about it neither because they can't help it, for a reason or another.

Own your s.hit your files are public rebuild or die.

Protecting your files is not hard not giving out svn is not hard.

But your "Copy Right" ends where greed or curiosity starts.

Protect your s.hit and don't bitch about it.

You obviously have no idea of what you're talking about.

Also, adding to my post that even if your firewall had multiple layers of anti-intrusion features with any RSA-key mechanism, it can still be hacked into. And if not hacked, it can be broken into physically by connecting your USB cable onto the box. And there are many ways to do that with money or knowledge, but I guess that's a bit far fetched. Regardless you can't protect your code. Even if you made dozens of agreements and such, people can disappear underground and sell it off many ways else in untraceable means and ways - which means it cannot be brought directly to court either - which means you won't be paid. And banks don't have the ability to insure code. So all it results into is literally nothing and MTA won't do anything about it neither because they can't help it, for a reason or another.

Maybe but I wanted to address the part where he is crying about losing code.

I can't agree more. I recently decided to browse through the server browser, and try something different. But, unfortunately not. All I saw was countless 150mb DayZ, vG RP servers and useless foreign ones. So, I decided, for old time's sake, to look through SAMP. I saw what MTA isn't there. Don't get me wrong, I love MTA! But, as MM3 said, once those scripts were leaked, roleplay lost its edge.

I support not letting serverss based on vG resources being listed in the server browser, for sure.

I wonder what would it look like if there were 150 FFS Gaming servers and 150 SAES:RPG servers on the server list. Because that's what happened to Roleplay during the fall of Root Gaming and nobody enjoyed that. I mean, the meaning of Roleplay is no longer valid in MTA, everybody's constantly switching servers because they fall down - why? Because people either use the Valhalla code and don't know how to make it work and then people complain and the server falls down because of countless amounts of negative posts about their originality - or then it's because it has bad management. But regardless of these two, they should be stopped, because what I personally admire the most is ORIGINALITY. Whenever someone comes to me in real life telling me they made something new by themselves, I get interested and want to learn about what they did, and if people are so lazy to copy-paste some 5-year old code and try to make it work with bad management, hell there's no need to even prove that they'll fall down in two weeks.

The fact is: originality should be enforced in MTA. If you copy something that someone didn't want to be released, then you should be punished for that.

I care about the code because I want Roleplay back. Now. I started playing on MTA just for Roleplay and after Root fell down, heck there has been literally nothing interesting to play except FFS for a brief amount of time at night. I just wish the old times were still rolling, because honestly this has been the most boring time of my life after Roleplay totally lost its meaning. And I don't want to switch to SA-MP because I don't want to play on servers that don't have enough features. Roleplay goes over features for sure, but features have always been nice and moving from the best to worst is like being rich and going poor.

I wonder what would it look like if there were 150 FFS Gaming servers and 150 SAES:RPG servers on the server list. Because that's what happened to Roleplay during the fall of Root Gaming and nobody enjoyed that. I mean, the meaning of Roleplay is no longer valid in MTA, everybody's constantly switching servers because they fall down - why? Because people either use the Valhalla code and don't know how to make it work and then people complain and the server falls down because of countless amounts of negative posts about their originality - or then it's because it has bad management. But regardless of these two, they should be stopped, because what I personally admire the most is ORIGINALITY. Whenever someone comes to me in real life telling me they made something new by themselves, I get interested and want to learn about what they did, and if people are so lazy to copy-paste some 5-year old code and try to make it work with bad management, hell there's no need to even prove that they'll fall down in two weeks.

The fact is: originality should be enforced in MTA. If you copy something that someone didn't want to be released, then you should be punished for that.

I care about the code because I want Roleplay back. Now. I started playing on MTA just for Roleplay and after Root fell down, heck there has been literally nothing interesting to play except FFS for a brief amount of time at night. I just wish the old times were still rolling, because honestly this has been the most boring time of my life after Roleplay totally lost its meaning. And I don't want to switch to SA-MP because I don't want to play on servers that don't have enough features. Roleplay goes over features for sure, but features have always been nice and moving from the best to worst is like being rich and going poor.

Regardless of what ANYBODY says, features are NEEDED for roleplay. The bank system is needed, the money system is needed, vehicle, etc. SAMP is in the Stone Age compared to MTA.

You can't get back the old times. And I think this is only going to worse. MTA has come to a point that the only place where you can find some nice people in this community is on IRC, and most of them don't even play MTA at all anymore. The community is infested with 10 year old kids who spam this forum every day with senseless or useless crap - you can't change that, can you? The people you knew 10 years ago now have a life, a job, most likely a family to take care of - the current generation is just.. you know this story already.

You can't get back the old times. And I think this is only going to worse. MTA has come to a point that the only place where you can find some nice people in this community is on IRC, and most of them don't even play MTA at all anymore. The community is infested with 10 year old kids who spam this forum every day with senseless or useless crap - you can't change that, can you? The people you knew 10 years ago now have a life, a job, most likely a family to take care of - the current generation is just.. you know this story already.

1. Having a negative attitude won't help. Not to be a parent, but if you think bad stuff will happen, it most likely will happen. There's no point saying we're doomed, and just sitting there, watching it happen either.

2. There is always a way to stop stuff. Whether it be a nuclear bomb or 10 year old kids who spam the forum, you just need to fund the right way.

3. Change will happen regardless. People move on, die, get jobs, lose jobs etc. The thing is, it's what the change is. You can make it a good change, or a bad change. You need motivational attitude and will power, not a depressing hopelessness.

This problem can be fixed. It won't be easy, and it will take time. It can be done, I just have no idea of how.

Give some ideas. I proposed removing them from the server browser. Simple.

You cant just remove every server running a certain script, I suggest the ability of other people hosting master servers and an option in the settings menu for players to easly change their master servers.

A pretty good reason not to have kids or a wife but the ban button was made to deal with 10 year old's.
Give some ideas. I proposed removing them from the server browser. Simple.

Seems to be more trouble then it is worth to be honest.

Removing a server from the server list is 1. not a simple click 2. not something we want added to our chores we already have 3. not an end all solution.

Sorry but, protecting your server files is YOUR todo. Keep your FTP secure, don't share logins, log EVERYTHING.